It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
If there was a imminent threat from a alien race what would you want the government to do leave them to it hope they get bored and go home or shoot them down and risk starting a galactic war ?

[edit on 5-5-2010 by bobski]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
hmm

If you mean that an attack is imminent? Or the threat of attack?

As with any confrontation if an attack is imminent you have no choice but to fight back. Either that or take refuge somewhere hoping you live through it.

If you mean a perceived threat is detected.. I would say it would be foolish to fire the first shots on an enemy you know nothing about. Especially one that would be considerably ahead in technology.

I think I better questions would be, who could determine if an attack/threat of attack is imminent? And, who would be the one(s) to make the decision to attack or not. Because as you know "we" the general members of earth would not be the ones who make that decision.

ExhibitEx

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I mean the threat of a attack lets just say there is ten alien crafts circling are planet so your saying it would be down to one person to say if we go to war with alien race no I dont believe that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bobski

Let em take the first shot, then there is no wrong being done afterwards if 1 must protect themselves and eye for an eye. And as 1 already stated if their technology is unknown it wouldnt be smart to strike first...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
you do realize that a race advanced enough to cross space would be at least on par with us if not way ahead in terms of bioengineering, DNA manipulation...

So it would seem to me if that race wanted humans gone to take over the planet they wouldn't start a shooting war where they risk getting hurt... seems to me they would create some nasty virus and fumigate our planet much the same we do for roaches...

Just me thinking aloud ya know...

[edit on 5-5-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
But are we not creating the viruses you speak of and using them on are own that way we do the job for them

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bobski

No actually I said

"who would be the one(s) to make the decision"

Indicating more than one person. Of course it would not be just one person.
Although, a country could act independently and decide to fire based off of one persons command..

If just circling the earth .. 10 or so ships? What is threatening about that other than just not knowing what they want? They could be bringing us Cosmic Apple Pie for all we would know.

ExhibitEx

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ExhibitEx]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by bobski

well we do have them, super strains of smallpox has been around for what 30 years??? fear of them keeps us from using them...

but another race who sees us as vermin wouldn't really care... just like we don't think twice about picking up a can of wasp spray or setting up bug zappers...

With that fact in mind you could argue if we really have had an alien encounter they are friendly, or at least out of curiosity harbor us no ill will

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
they would wipe us out where just insects to them

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Again, you have a You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here. Please check it and respond back.

Thread [temporarily] closed]

new topics

top topics

join