It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Moyers - Until We Meet Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I took a break a while ago, turned on TV, flipped to Bill Moyers Journal and at the end of the program, was stunned to hear it was his last show. I'm a tough cookie, really, but I actually cried.

My first Bill Moyers memory is "The Power of Myth" with Joseph Campbell. Other than that, I've only watched sporadically - I'm not a faithful follower of anything. But I took him for granted. Thought he'd always be there, speaking for justice, and celebrating life in truth.

Hope you're not done yet, Bill.

MODS - Wasn't sure where to put this. Please move if appropriate. Thnx.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It's sad to realize that many of the pillars to our society are slowly disappearing into the fog of the new world. Who will take over their spot?
Katie Courick? Bill O"Reilly? I hope not. Until then, are forum here, on ATS, at least provides us an opportunity to carry on the exchange of our own ideals, our dynamic paradigms, that we can hope to refine and foster. Thus bringing some type of contentious, to our fellow man.
Until then, we can only hope for Bill Moyers speedy return.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I totally forgot to watch his show today. I watch almost every Sunday. He brought up issues that just about know one would talk about. He also did so in a very intelligent way without the rhetoric you see on other shows.

I will definitely miss his show and hope that PBS will find something or someone equally respectable to replace him.

I have read some of "The Power of Myth" also. A very, very compelling book.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
He will definitly be missed. I doubt any of his watchers will shift to the right-wing networks. But people are now only wanting to hear radical right-wingers as they are mostly the only ones left on tv except for Bill Maher and MSNBC.

join