It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Weather Alerts -- now

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This one looks unusual to me, just for your ref :

Space Weather Message Code: WARK05
Serial Number: 660
Issue Time: 2010 May 02 1038 UTC

WARNING: Geomagnetic K-index of 5 expected
Valid From: 2010 May 02 1040 UTC
Valid To: 2010 May 02 1600 UTC
Warning Condition: Onset
NOAA Scale: G1 - Minor

source :
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

www2.nict.go.jp...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Oops....!

Those living near faultlines.. please take care.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This month's earthquake on schedule.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What in the hell am I looking at?

Help?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CONTACT

Yep this was expected to arrive at around this date:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
www.spaceweather.com...

AURORA WATCH: High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras on May 3rd when a solar wind stream is due to hit Earth. NOAA forecasters estimate a 15% chance of severe geomagnetic storms.

I am not sure what other impact a "sever geomagnetic storm" would have other than disrupting telecommunications.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I doubt it's big enough to cause any disruptions.

It's has a k index of 5, which makes it a minor storm, with a 15% chance of it becoming severe, as stated above.

Those near the poles will get to see some good light shows!

[edit on 2/5/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
lol, I am so exhonorated... again!

I however am fearful for mankind - people need to be aware of your suroundings these next few days, beginning now!

Earthquake and volcanic activity is a strong possiblity - and if it does it will pop big with this being an onset hit... just be aware of your surroundings people!!

an ounce of prevention, is worth a pound of cure!

[edit on 2-5-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Breaking News: Magnitude 5.8 Earthquake has hit South-Central Chile, with the tremor being felt in the Capital, Santiago.

Info coming through now from Reuters and the US Geological survey.

Coincidence? Probably not......

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Aside from Earthquakes and Auroras, there was a study done by Charmaine Gordon and Michael Berk, investigating / researching the effects of Geomagnetic storms on the rate of suicides.

The data was taken in South Africa, and their findings were that there WAS a correlation between increased suicide rates, and occurences of Geomagnetic storms, over a 13 year period from 1980 to 1992.

I linked to this on the web in a different forum topic that was discussing geomagnetism, but if you Google it you can probably find the paper on the web.

It's not surprising really, since magnetism affects the Pineal gland, which affects our mood. So someone who is depressed could be tipped "over the edge" by an increase on geomagnetic activity.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

I had no clue about this. This would really explain my mood swings and sudden suicidal ideations... I should bring this up with my doctor.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueOrb

5.9 now... but worser.. Utah 3.6......that should worrie you moore related to yellowstone...

and MNT vesuvius is spooking also...
cant link it.. but make google search on BKE V

[edit on 2-5-2010 by ressiv]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by InnerTruths

Link to the paper: www.jamesgoulding.com...(The%20effect%20of%20geomagnetic%20storms%20on%20suicide).pdf

Last time i posted this i had trouble with the link working. If it doesn't work, Google " Geomagnetic storm suicide" or similar, and select the James Goulding website, It should come up as the first hit.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
These kinds of solar conditions are not rare at all. As the Sun ramps up toward Solar Max, this happens all the time. The question becomes...do these solar eruptions affect our tectonic plates? With the well-known disruptions and weakening of Earth's magnetic field that have been reported over the last 15-20 years, does this work into the equation? In this case, it may not be the solar eruptions that are responsible, but the weakening of the Earth's equilibrium make it a totally different situation. It may be like Earth's "immune system" is in a downgraded state, so we are more vulnerable to such effects. I think we may be looking at a multi-factoral situation, a combination of events that work together, so that there is no true main cause, but a group of causes when put together describe what's going on.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

fully agree.. we've been hit before with such solar storms.. cousing some electric powerplants faillure...
but the last 10 years we are so depending on computers and microprocessors that if they breaking up by an EMP effect through solar winds .. ...could be catasrofic...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Solar wind
speed: 629.3 km/sec
density: 2.7 protons/cm3

does this mean something to any1???cause the wind speed sure looks high to me

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Noobastronomer]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Today, RSOE has listed the G storm as G2.

We had a G3 last month.

The scales for them are located here:

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Is there a good way to shield an EMP?
Just curious....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

I'll probably get laughed out and ridiculed, but hell, that has never stopped me from speaking out before.

For the religious, prayers. For the spiritualists, good positive thoughts directed towards our magnetosphere, for free thinkers, think of the beauty of our only home.

There wasnt any conclusive evidence to this experiment, but who knows?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Doesn't cost a thing, and it may help, and more critically, save lives. We are one human race. May it not be too late....

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by ressiv

Is there a good way to shield an EMP?
Just curious....

Tinfoil Hat...hahaha. I'm only kidding. To the best of my knowledge there isn't much that an EMP won't get through....lead maybe??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join