It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold mine turned into advanced US facility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This might interest a few people cause i saw some stuff being posted on under ground labs.......

In Lead, South Dakota, about 20 miles from Rapid city and 20 miles form the large Sturgis Annual biker really, is, or was, the largest gold mine in the United States. Recentally within the past few years, the mine has run dry and is being shut down but runs over hundreds of acres and goes under ground hundred if not thousands of feet. Since it is such a large and vast complex of tunnels the government came in and was going to establish a lab/ research facility there, not sure what. but how this got out into the open is that the town is now going under cause there is no more mining and it building it would give many job to the area. However the biggest concern that the town had was that supposedly there were going to be a decent number of biohadardous/toxic materials that may get into the towns water supply. What this is going to be used for is unclear but not totally secret. One rumor is that it's going to be used for medical research, another one, to work with bio hardazdous stuff like weapons and diseases if anyone knows anything else about this please put some stuff up...thanks and hope it provides some use to some people.........

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Do you have any links or references to back this up?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
links, not yet, but i go to a town near Lead, South Dakota every year to visit family, and my father is from Lead, and all over the town is controversy about putting the facility there. Part of the mine is being re-opened after the gold mining company cleared out. there is also an increase in construction in and around the town. Im still in the process of finding info but should have mroe by summers end when i go up there...

join