It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plato's Cave.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Good analogy. People truly must be being awoken from this site.

I think that's what this site is all about. To awaken.

I feel, this site SHOULD be for 18 and older only though.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

What does Plato's allegory of the cave have to do with a minimum age requirement for this site? I don't see the connection at all.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

What does Plato's allegory of the cave have to do with a minimum age requirement for this site? I don't see the connection at all.

People under 18 ignorance is bliss. This site wakes people up.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is so very beautiful. Words to take to heart, and hopefully into practice. Wisdom and generosity which is so simple, yet it took one of the great minds of our history to express it in such an elegant, simple and pure way.

I am confused over the comment about an age limit on this site, however.

If anything, this very video you have posted, would argue the opposite.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Thats a rather broad, all-encompassing statement about people under 18. Believe it or not there are a lot of people over 18 that same way, and people under 18 who actually give a crap.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Bliss is not all as desirable as knowledge. Why would you prevent one who wants to know from knowing? Would you rather we all stay asleep?

Deny Ignorance, my friend. Unconditionally, we must Deny Ignorance in all we do and attempt to help others to do so as well. If not, then why was this site made? Being under 18 should not be a hinderance to that. I have met 5 year olds that were wiser than I(not hard to accomplish, but still.). SDog is one of the top contributors to this site in many ways and he is quite young.

Besides, logically, if you carry that to it's end, then education should begin at 18 because they might hear something that made them sad or angry when being taught. Not everything that you encounter before 18 is rainbows and happiness.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by vyrox

OK,OK, I agree with you!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this

yes, its beautiful!

join