It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law of falling bodies may be wrong !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It's what is claiming this guy, who, made a poston indymedia-paris (the language of the message is in english).

I stay a bit skeptical about his discovery. There are also two video proof of his discovery. Take a look at this, may be this guy will get the physic nobel prize one day...

paris.indymedia.org...

(The link is in english)

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:17 AM
link   
As far as dropping two objects of varying temperatures they will have different air resistance levels. Drag (air resistance) is a mechanical force that is generated by the interaction and contact of a solid body with a fluid (liquid or gas).

Terminal velocity is also dependent on mass of the object.

V = sqrt ( (2 * W) / (Cd * r * A) )

www.grc.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Wow, this is the worst "science" experiment i've ever seen.

A heated object will transfer that heat to the surrounding air therfore making it less dense and lowering air resistance making it fall faster.

Simple, i think most mid level physic majors could figure that one out in a few seconds.

Anyways, if you do this same experiment in a vaccum chamber the objects would accelerate at the same speed. The entire article shows a serious lack of scientific knowledge.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Total bunk.

Remember: Laws of Physics, in real life, do not 'carry out' the way that they'should.'
We have pesky things, such as the atmosphere, to inhibit the continuation of things as they would, technically proceed.

This guy needs a smack in the face. Any first year high school student taking a physics course could prove wrong.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
He states that he is "a student of the Vedanta philosophy". My recommendation is that he needs to stay that course, because he's having a real rough time with basic physical laws and the scientific method.

join