It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potentially deadly fungus spreading in US, Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am excited for where this goes. I love it when things become interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

www.alertnet.org...

The airborne fungus, called Cryptococcus gattii, usually only infects transplant and AIDS patients and people with otherwise compromised immune systems, but the new strain is genetically different, the researchers said. The new strain appears to be unusually deadly, with a mortality rate of about 25 percent

Must have missed this part in the article. This is a NEW strain. Appears, unusually deadly, has a mortality rate of 25%. Airoborn too.

If this becomes wide spread then this would be, most likely, a weaponized version of what you quoted.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

I had something very similar! I couldn't walk more than ten feet without feeling as if my lung capacity had been cut in half, with severe fatigue. I went to the hospital for x-rays and they showed nothing wrong, but a simple physical showed that my breathing was inhibited severely. I had a breathing treatment that helped very little, but the doctor said since the x-rays were fine that I should just go home and come in if it gets worse.

It cleared up in about two and a half weeks. A few days before I got it I had cleaned the bathroom which had a large amount of mold because of a leak in the shower. Mold and fungus are nothing to scoff at.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
From what I've just been reading about this fungus is that it comes from a warmer climate but a new strain has cropped-up in Vancouver that has no problem with a temperate climate. The first theory they propose is global warming. What I don't see mentioned in this is the fact that Vancouver BC is biotech central.

From Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News Apr 15 2005 (Vol. 25, No. 8)
"Biotechnology in Vancouver"
"BC is the seventh largest biotech cluster in North America, the fastest growing biotech sector in Canada, and the third in North America after San Francisco and Boston. Home to about 91 biotechs, over 60% of BC's companies focus on biopharmaceuticals and biomedical applications in cancer, inflammatory diseases, cardiovascular health, infectious diseases, and drug delivery."

The Bio-partnering North America Conference is held in Vancouver every year. This Conference brings together decision-makers from leading biotechnology, pharmaceutical and investment companies.

Sounds like the global warming theory is a smokescreen to cover the fact that it may be a strain that was weaponized at one of these biotechnology labs over there.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Don't worry big pharma will come to the rescue very soon with a new vaccine to take over the swine flu pandemic propaganda slow decline.

Get in line children we will have a solution very soon, and the fungal infection will become just another short time solution to push up big pharma profit numbers.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by righteousxcore
I am excited for where this goes. I love it when things become interesting.

lol. I wouldn't hold my breathe. I live 20 minutes outside of Victoria... so if anything happens I'll be the first to inform you...

Bio engineered disease? I'm doubting that. highly, doubting.

A few cases probably in a relative proximity? and deadly/violent? Sure.

Still haven't heard of it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
reply to post by dolphinfan

hmm it kills people with aids thats like billions of people worldwide,,, must be another scam to kill the dying quicker.....

Exactly, if you have a weak immune system because of the lack of silver and iodine and Vitamin D, then you are more likely to get it and possibly perish from it. This is obviously a genetically engineered fungus and being spread by TPTB to eliminate as many as possible. Look forward to more of this type of thing happening, they can't do it the obvious way so they are doing it a covert way. Simple really. I would do the same thing were that my agenda. Thankfully it is not.

CIA=Covert Israeli Agency

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Why could it not be genetically engineered. Ask yourself, has this EVER happened in the history of man.....EVER?

The answer would be a definite NO. So it is easy to see that it is not natural. How would a "fungus" get airborne? And be a deadly type fungus too?

Sad.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dolphinfan

It is also a world leader in Aufsburgers...

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

???? Never heard of it.

Did you mean Aspergers? This is currently the word/diagnosis used to define the high functioning end of the autistic spectrum.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This is because our world is so out of wack! Something is stimulating this fungus to grow in places or at levels it did not before. We know C. neoformans is a pathogen and while most people who get it are immunosuppressed NOT all are and by the time the person is found to have the disease is it often too late or severe long-term damage has already occured. This is another species of the same genus, and is causing similar disease. Fungal and parasitic disease are espically hard to treat because the organisms have the same cell type we do, unlike bacteria which means the drugs often cause high levels of side effects because they attack our own cells.

Parasitic diseases are also being seen in places here in the US, not previously seen before. Chagas disease is an example of this and even more deadly (I believe)

www.dailynews.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
it looks like if its on fox it may be a new pandemic spore for the future eek, how typical is this the new h1n1?

feeds.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
As to this area being pristine, well I have to disagree. While we are certainly less polluted than some areas, we have our skeletons in the closet. How about Hanford? You know, that little nasty nuclear plant that is housing one of the largest stock piles of nuclear waste? The same stuff that was supposedly released intentionally onto the public back when it was still open? Then we have some of the industrial plants in the Everett vacinity that has been tied in to many unusuall cancers.

Yes, MS is rampant here. I was recently diagnosed with it. My Vitamin D was also in the toilet, which they are looking at more and more now. Our climate is such that we are prone to low D, which can be attributed for many things.

I am also from Washington (NE Pierce County) and I completely agree with your statement about the whole "pristine" comment. While we do enjoy more forests and outdoor activity than average, we are far from pristine. Just this past week, we had a whale in Puget Sound wash up dead with a lot of garbage in it's stomach...seattletimes.nwsource.com...
It may not be what killed it, but garbage nonetheless. Although I have to tip my hat to our Canadian neighbors - one of the first things that you notice when you cross the border is a widespreasd absence of trash on the sides of the road. They are the pristine ones.

My sister also has MS and refuses to see the vitamin D connection. She can barely walk now. I am forced to be on the sidelines watching my baby sister get worse and worse daily due to her trust in American medicine while this vitamin deficiency progresses to it's inevitable conclusion...a conclusion that could be halted with cheap vitamins.
I would think that this "deadly fungus disease" is probably just another possible scenario to get us all worked up and pour money into big pharma when the reality is that this is not really a big concern. Again.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just on a side note torwards treatment of fungal infections: Usnea Barbarosa, a Lichen that grows profusely in the Northwest is especially indicated in all fungal and bacterial infections effecting the lungs and otherwise.

1 cc 3x a day of the tincture is a normal dosage, however in acute cases one can take 1 cc every 2 hours and historically the dried herb has been smoked for direct delivery to the lung tissues.

** I guess I should protect myself and say these statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to treat or cure diseases*** sigh...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus

The mortality rate for recent C. gattii cases in the Pacific Northwest is running at about 25 per cent or six deaths out of 21 known cases analyzed in the United States, compared with a mortality rate of 8.7 per cent or 19 out of 218 known cases in British Columbia, researchers reported in Thursday's issue of the journal PLoS Pathogens.

Read more: www.cbc.ca...

I see this fungus has one critical weakness! Socialized universal healthcare! America is screwed!

I live in BC, but I'm not worried, my Care Card will protect me from any deadly fungus! ... 92% of the time anyway

You have a point, people will think that they have a cold and such and won't go see the doctor. And when they do, the fungus would have infected too much of their lung tissue and other tissue for the therapy to help.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Well if you start getting those symptoms try this:

Olive Leaf

Use Olive Leaf to Kill Fungus, Bacteria, Yeast Infections

Modern medicine has gone crazy with its use of antibiotics. The main problem, though, is that antibiotics cause all kinds of side effects, including the killing of “good bacteria” in the intestines, yeast overgrowth, yeast infections, growth of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, and a suppressed immune system. Nature may have the answer. There are many natural substances, foods and herbs that kill fungus and bacteria, but chief among these is Olive Leaf Extract. This is good to remember if you’re suffering from yeast infection, jock itch, toenail fungus or vaginal yeast problems.
The olive tree is ancient in man’s repetoire of medicinal arsenal. The fruit of the tree — olives — have been eaten for thousands of years, but the leaves are of special interest to anyone looking to kill bacteria and fungi in and on their bodies. Olive Leaf Extract (the main ingredient in Ultimate Defense Formula) has been shown to be useful with:
Viruses
Bacteria
Fungi
Colds and Flu
Jock itch
Vaginal Yeast Infections
Nail fungus infections
The Die-Off Effect
It’s helpful to know that if you’re using olive leaf extract internally, there’s something called a “die-off” effect. This means that when the olive leaf extract kills off bacteria and fungi, the body will suddenly have to handle the dead substances and their toxic wastes. This may cause temporary effects that can range from headaches to fatigue, to rashes to aches. In essence, when the bacteria and fungi die off, you feel worse before you feel better. There are a few ways to handle the die-off effect: reduce the dosage of the supplement, drink a lot of water or bear with it. Many natural health practitioners feel that when the die-off effect takes place and you get the symptoms then you know you’re having success in your treatment.
Side effects and interactions
Olive leaf extract expands the blood vessels, so if you are on a medication of any kind, discuss matters with your physician. OLE should not be taken along with antibiotics, additional amino acids or any other mold or fungus derivatives because OLE will see them as foreign invaders and kill them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Another direct hit for the NWO card game?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb0b06ea7b62.jpg[/atsimg]

That's turning into one freaky set of cards.

I hope everyone in the affected areas is able to stay protected by any means necessary, and if not the herbal remedies recommended above ^ and other similar ones I've seen should help. Remember that in nature there's usually always a counter to an effect - I suppose it's a case of suck it and see, but I'm not recommending you literally do that, it could make matters worse.

Stay safe.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Well I think in this case one should really use an anti-fungal from the same local. My reasoning is thus: This fungus is developed in the Northwest hence an herbal remedy from the same location typically holds a stronger action.

Olive leaf while a powerful anti-viral etc... comes from an entirely different environment hot and dryer by far than the pacific northwest. Actions of plants mirror the location from which they grow and their characteristic actions work more strongly when used accordingly.

Another thing I believe in is to use what we can find locally for economic reasons as well as from a survivall aspect...pretty difficult to treat yourself and family when you cant get to a store, or even if none are left.

Great information on Olive leaf though...nice to see another fellow enthusiast on the boards.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm not suprised you guys have had more epidemics and pandemics than a european brothel.

Philadelphia: more than 4,000 residents died from yellow fever.

July–Aug., New York City: over 3,000 people killed in a cholera epidemic.
Oct., New Orleans: cholera took the lives of 4,340 people.

New York City: more than 5,000 deaths caused by cholera.

New Orleans: yellow fever killed 7,790.

New Orleans: 3,093 perished from yellow fever.

Southern states: over 13,000 people died from yellow fever in lower Mississippi Valley.

Nationwide: over 7,000 deaths occurred and 27,363 cases were reported of polio (infantile paralysis) in America's worst polio epidemic.

March–Nov., nationwide: outbreak of Spanish influenza killed over 500,000 people in the worst single U.S. epidemic.

Nationwide: 2,720 deaths occurred from polio, and 42,173 cases were reported.

Nationwide: polio killed 3,300; 57,628 cases reported.

On February 5, 1976, an Army private at Fort Dix in New Jersey said he felt tired and weak. He died the next day and four of his fellow soldiers were later hospitalized. Two weeks after his death, health officials announced that swine flu was the cause of death and that this strain of flu appeared to be closely related to the strain involved in the 1918 flu pandemic.

Total estimated U.S. AIDS cases: 988,376; total estimated AIDS deaths: 550,394 (Centers for Disease Control).

In February 2004, avian influenza virus was detected in birds in Vietnam (Coincidence? Agent Orange?)

From October 2004 to February 2005, some 3,700 test kits of the 1957 Asian Flu virus were accidentally spread around the world from a lab in the US (Cheers fellas!!)

The initial outbreak was called the "H1N1 influenza", or "Swine Flu" by American media. The outbreak began in the state of Veracruz, Mexico.

A potentially deadly strain of fungus is spreading among animals and people in the northwestern United States and the Canadian province of British Columbia, The airborne fungus, called Cryptococcus gattii, usually only infects transplant and AIDS patients and people with otherwise compromised immune systems.

Keep em comin fellas!!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

That scares me, because I am having that same problem. I got a chest x-ray and they said my lungs where healthy as can be. I smoke which surprised me when he said that, but recently I've lost more lung capacity than normal (which was actually why I got that x-ray). There is mold growing underneath the windowsill in my shower.

Now I'm scared.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowfoot

Oh well that's interesting what you said about the plant having to come from the same environment...I've never heard that before but it does make sense...If you come across any natural herbs that would work definitely post it! Oh and Oil of Oregano has antifungal properties as well...Not sure where that originates from

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join