It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO/USO Reports from the Santa Catalina Channel.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

This one's for you...

"It Came Out of the Sky" - CCR

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Isn't this close to the 2004 Nimitz incident as well? I seem to remember the islands being mentioned in a couple of the accounts as area where some of the objects last appeared.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Thanks for that mate - great tune!

originally posted by: beetee

Isn't this close to the 2004 Nimitz incident as well? I seem to remember the islands being mentioned in a couple of the accounts as area where some of the objects last appeared.

Good call on that one Beetee and apparently 'the UAP was first picked on radar near Catalina Island' - more info and other accounts from the area at the link below.

The Nimitz Incident And The Incredible UFO History Of Catalina Island

posted on Mar, 31 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Have you heard this "Flying Saucer Song"? --- Harry Nillson - with background vocals by Joe Cocker

posted on Apr, 2 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

That's a find right there my friend - have had it on in the car today.

Here's another great (and rare) LP record - some pretty fascinating incidents being described including one UFO ripping up a tree (unfortunately no reports from the Catalina channel tho).

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 18 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Undersea base, Catalina Island - see 37:30

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Same day as Roswell newspaper report - six flying discs over Catalina:

One of the first such reports to make it into the local paper, was the supposedly widely-viewed account of several “flying discs” over Avalon in 1947, just about the same time as the infamous Roswell incident...

Not as widely reported at the same time, however, were a number of other “disc” sightings both before and after the Roswell incident.

On the evening of June 26, 1947, U.S. Army Major George Wilcox of Warren, Arizona, reported a series of “eight or nine” disc-shaped objects traveling near his home and at an altitude of about 1,000 feet above the nearby mountains.

That same evening, a Captain E.B. Detchmendy reported seeing a “white disc glowing like an electric light bulb” passing over Pope, New Mexico, a sighting echoed by several local townspeople.

Dozens of other sightings—many by military officers—were reported in the region in the coming days and weeks.

But the Southwest wasn’t the only venue.  Similar sightings were reported throughout much of the western United States as far north as Washington State and as far west as California—including Catalina Island.

On July 8, 1947, the very same day that Roswell’s Daily Record was reporting the initial “flying disc” story, a remarkable incident reportedly occurred in the skies above Avalon.  An article on the front page of the week’s issue of the Catalina Islander details an alleged sighting by three visiting Army veterans of six “flying discs” traveling at high speed from the northeast and passing directly over Avalon before disappearing over East Peak.

According to the story, the six discs appeared at about 1 p.m. and flew in a formation of two sets of three and were witnessed not only by the veterans, but by “hundreds” of others as well.

Alvio Russo, one of the reported witnesses and an Army Air Corps veteran who had flown 35 bombing missions over Germany with the Eighth Air Force, estimated the velocity of the discs at “850 miles an hour,” according to the story.

Bob Jung, listed as a “former aerial photographer” agreed with this estimate and said they were flying roughly as fast as the U.S. Navy’s “Tiny Tim” rocket, which he had photographed numerous times for the Navy.

Mysterious Island: UFO Action Galore

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
'George Knapp - Startling Evidence Regarding USO Activity in the Santa Catalonia Channel'

Vid

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee
Isn't this close to the 2004 Nimitz incident as well?

“I was acting Radar Officer (I was an E-5/AT2 In Flight Technician at the time) in the E-2 (Hawkeye) at the time of the event. Although I was required to sign a waiver and NDA with the Navy over this I can tell you a couple of things. First off I did see something that transited very quickly by our E-2, and I cannot honestly say I’ve seen anything like it. The “object” joined up with us briefly and all onboard had a view. Upon arrival back to the Nimitz we were told to follow an individual down for a debriefing. We made our way to a secure area on the ship where the events were discussed individually then we were told, “It did not happen”.
~ name withheld

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

We made our way to a secure area on the ship where the events were discussed individually then we were told, “It did not happen”.

Plenty of other examples of those kind of shenanigans here mate.

Removal of Naval logbooks / Do not discuss

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Great thread!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This looks like something caught on camera further up the coast today...near Seattle.

twitter.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join