It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WeAreChange San Antonio - Ticketed for Content of their Message

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
On April 11th, two members of the WeAreChange's San Antonio branch were hassled and ticketed in response to attempting to distribute information regarding a new investigation into the events surrounding 9/11.

At first the police officer appears to be ignorant of the subject matter and insists that nobody is allowed to post banners in the park. However, at the time, he could not reference any particular law in memory. The members responded with a clarification of their intent, as the banner would not be posted. It was to be held. This led to another attempt by the police officer to find a suitable reason to hassle the activists further, citing a currently unknown law in which you cannot "advertise" in the park. The members defended themselves by stating that they simply "aren't selling anything". Therefore they cannot be advertising. The members of WeAreChange request to know the ordinance, which led to a 5 minute long conversation over police radio, as other police offers helped aid him in finding something worth ticketing.

The entire event was recorded by the WeAreChange activists and can be seen below.

Patmac

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This park cop is garbage. He obviously doesn't hold the ideals of the Constitution close to his heart.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppaperclip
This park cop is garbage. He obviously doesn't hold the ideals of the Constitution close to his heart.

Most don't anymore.

If you're a cop and you disagree, I don't want to hear about it, I want to see it.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
All I have to say is: What a disgrace to the police officer profession.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As a retired law enforcement professional I agree that this young police officer is more concerned about being tactical than being a public servant.

S & F to the OP as this is why our nation is in the piss poor shape it is. Too much focus placed on keeping citizens down compared to raising awareness and being (or allowed to be) proactive in order to provoke change. Something we did not get in the last election despite the crys of such.

[edit on 4/13/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The only thing the officer could possibly have a problem with would be Time, Place, and Manner restrictions (TPM) but I doubt he's familiar with those.

Cop=in the wrong

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I can see this Police Officer getting an immediate promotion with pay, a interest free home loan, a zero interest car loan and free food for as long as he should decide to remain a San Antonio Cop.

Just a conspiratorial thought because what I find wrong, someone else will find honorable and worthy of reward. This is the duality of the world we live in. Good and evil side by side and it is our ability to see that difference that makes us a threat to those that do not like anyone to know or see them as they are.

Morality plus truth is a mighty duo indeed.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

What you have a young ex Military, brainwashed killer.

Some people would rather splatter your brains than accept the truth and I don't think the young Men know how close they came to having force used against them, if you study his behavior you will see he was itching for a fight.

I am sorry but if you give it any serious thought, its easy to see why we need a new investigation.

I have a feeling that new revelations about 9/11 could be used by this administration to regain some credibility with show trials complete with fake "manhunts" or maybe real who knows?, but I tell you this all of us cant be wrong and the numbers are growing, however they (public) don't give a crap.

"Architects and Engineers mumble...grumble.., whats that?" I would have told him it was a rock band, I don't see a future in investigations for this "Officer".

If Officer on this video is reading this, I wonder if you give the crack dealers this kind of a hard time?

$20 says you don't.

I dont think it was a good idea to try and goad him, its great to know your rights and you should check out Charlie Vitch

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
A number of years ago, there was a large demonstration here organized by a bunch of local college students protesting Bush's decision to go to war in Afghanistan. They assembled at the park downtown, then marched down mainstreet with their banners to the state capitol, handing out political pamphlets to the peopel on the sidewalks on the way there.

Slight problem- they didn't have a permit and they didn't tell anyone they were going to do it. The police scrambled to block off traffic so that these idiots wouldn't get run over, which in turn backed traffic up all the way to the highway, and when they stopped their march the cops rushed in and arrested the organizers leading the march. Just becuase these people felt they needed to get theor political message out it didn't give them the right to put themselves and others in jeopardy.

These conspiracy mongers in this video simply weren't handing out materials here because they had full banners and flags advertising their political statements. These guys were organized as a protest meeting, meaning they need to follow the same demonstration laws that everyone else does. They were right there next to the street creating a distraction for motorists, which means someone driving by would try to read the banner saying, "9/11 was an inside..." and by the time they got to the word, "job" they'd be plowing their car into parked cars, hitting pedestrians, or whatever.

The moral of the story is that the rights one one man ends where the rights of another man begins. That applies to the conspiracy mongers just as it does everyone else.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

You make a somewhat good point, but why was it so hard for the cop to cite a real law they were violating?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
On April 11th, two members of the WeAreChange's San Antonio branch were hassled and ticketed in response to attempting to distribute information regarding a new investigation into the events surrounding 9/11.

I've seen many WeAreChange Wherever videos. I note that all this group achieves is one kind of confrontation or another for which WAC members are very proud and we get to see a confrontation video.

I guess the medium is the message, or something. It's certainly not about 9/11.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

If the real purpose hear is to talk and be heard, why is there a need for a huge banner?

The obvious purpose hear is to create Youtube videos, nothing else.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think it just goes to show, neither of the "debunkers" posting on this thread can even accept the fact that these guys are protesting about 9/11.

What else are they unable to accept?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My thinking is that the Police officer should have simply walked to up this
group and asked what they were doing. Try to determine what it is that
they were doing. Then he should have called into dispatch to find out
for sure what the local ordinances are, and then preceed from there.
I don't know what the laws are in that particular city, but I didn't see any
of these young men doing anything but expressing their freedom of
speech rights. It looked as if this officer would have jumped on them in a
flash if the cameras weren't on. But again, I don't know for sure what
the laws are in that city, so it would be interesting to find out how this
turned out. I hope the Judge would have enough sense to throw it out.

[edit on 14-4-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
For the record, WeAreChange's video had nothing to do with 9/11, but with a confrontation with a police officer.

Neither has this thread had anything to do with 9/11. The discussion focuses solely on the conduct of the police officer as shown by the video.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

It has to do with a police officer trying to suppress free speech, probably because he doesn't even have the fortitude to think about what these guys were saying in public.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas
The discussion focuses solely on the conduct of the police officer as shown by the video.

Do you support the cop's conduct?

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well.. I guess my first question is why does the guy holding the camera continue to provoke a confrontation with the cop? If I was the cop, and this little piss continued to provoke me, I would have found something to ticket him on as well. You can see from the beginning of the video, "Welcome to the police state" that this punk was itching for a confrontation. The cop was perfectly within his right and duty to investigate what these guys were doing, as I suspect vending without a permit would be a violation. If the little punk had shown some respect and exercised a little decorum, I am certain the cop would have been on his way.

What really ticks me off about We Are Change is that, although I completely agree that 9/11 was whitewashed and covered up and deserves to be investigated further, people like these guys hurt the cause altogether. It seems like the whole "We Are Change" moniker has become more about "We are out to provoke the police so we can post some YouTube videos" instead of having anything to do with 9/11. There are literally dozens of these videos featuring rude and crass punks doing exactly this. It is seriously tiresome. GROW UP! If you want people to take anything you say seriously, act like an adult!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Well.. I guess my first question is why does the guy holding the camera continue to provoke a confrontation with the cop? If I was the cop, and this little piss continued to provoke me, I would have found something to ticket him on as well. You can see from the beginning of the video, "Welcome to the police state" that this punk was itching for a confrontation. The cop was perfectly within his right and duty to investigate what these guys were doing, as I suspect vending without a permit would be a violation. If the little punk had shown some respect and exercised a little decorum, I am certain the cop would have been on his way.

This is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with policing in this country.

You said these kids should grow up, well if you were actually a police officer I would expect you to take your own advice. The point of being an officer of the law is not to throw whatever you can on someone just because they "piss you off" and hope it sticks in court. Your emotions don't have anything to do with the law, unless you are actually threatened or assaulted. In less deranged times, I've seen videos of people up in cops' faces cussing them out while the cop just calmly writes out a ticket and goes on his way. That is what grown adults do. They don't throw temper tantrums in the name of the law.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

Originally posted by jthomas
The discussion focuses solely on the conduct of the police officer as shown by the video.

Do you support the cop's conduct?

I only question why the video is being discussed in the 9/11 Conspiracy section.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join