It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mt. Etna Eruption ~ Local Coverage (latest event: Feb. 19 0500 local time! )

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Beautiful and dangerous. Like with other beautiful sights of nature.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hope they have volcano insurence =\

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
hey, did you guys know aetna and yellowstone are in bible code.! together

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wonder how well those Chakras are gonna work if your looking for:
Shelter
Food
Security
and a bunch of other basic needs, cause baby we ain't even into growing season yet and if Ole Ma Earth dosen't get her pressure under control before growing season,, oh and just where is this new growing season gonna be, after all the dust settles??

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Opps sorry wrong forum i think,,,,its just getting tooo confusing so much going on and such a short time lol

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Stay safe, my friend. That's a spectacular sight!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcubed

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by jazz10

If you think there is a connection between solar flares and earthquakes, you might want to read Phages thread on this subject.
His collection of data sort of debunks the idea.

Solar activity and earthquakes

Phage thinks comparing charts is the only way to debunk or prove anything... WRONG. I submit critical thinking does a much better job. Look at the suns activities in the last few days... look at what the earth is doing.

Just because we have better records now and they show more volcano's and more earthquakes, DOES NOT PROVE THAT IS THE REASON. USGS admits this on their own site using the words "may", "might", and "could"... PROVING NOTHING.

THINK FOR YOURSELF... LOOK AROUND YOU... DOES THE WORLD SEEM LIKE IT DID TO YOU 10 YEARS AGO?

To me it looks and feels nothing like it did in 2000. THE EARTH IS CHANGING... CAN'T YOU FEEL IT?

I completely agree! A bunch of charts, that we did not put together ourselves, are nothing to rely on (although I do trust the USGS mostly) and to show as proof that the sun has no effect on devastating natural occurrences on this planet. I think we should use rational, critical thinking, as you said, and think with an open mind since the world does feel, and look, much different than it ever has - and it is constantly changing.

S&F for the thread Silo, thanks for the quick update and be safe!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I remember Etna erupting while I was stationed out there at NAF Sigonella back in the late 1970s (yea, I'm about as old as the volcano). The thing that surprised me was how many people gravitated towards an erupting volcano... when you'd think they would try to distance themselves from it.

We had several people from the naval base almost get themselves killed because they wanted to get closer to observe it. They said they would find themselves suddenly lost when the smoke and ash surrounded them, and how they couldn't tell up from down, left from right.... losing all sense of direction because they couldn't see a thing. Breathing would become a problem and they thought they were gonna pass out and die... until they were lucky enough to wander in the right direction.

I made one trip to the top of Etna, grabbed a lava rock (that I still have today) and ran my wuss self right back down the mountain.... on a day she wasn't erupting!

Great pic's OP, thanks for sharing!

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Great breaking news - well done. S&F

I'm amazed this story hasn't been picked up by MSM yet... v. strange.

EDIT: Have found one blog covering it - although looks like they got the story and pictures from here!

reinep.wordpress.com...

[edit on 8-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hithe Merinos
There are more volcanoes erupting today, simultaneously, than in the memory of man. Volcano World lists 540 known volcanoes, 183 of which have erupted within the last 10,000 years.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df1095d64dad.gif[/atsimg]

Funny thing about this is the timing. Whenever I would argue about global warming and creating an ice age I would site the fact that volcanoes created other ice ages.

Most people I talk to about man-made pollution changing the climate people will bring up past natural events, so I would say can you imagine combining what we are doing to the earth with increased volcanic activity? Its one of the main reason I am alarmed by what we are doing because if it time with mother nature doing her thing we would be screwed.

Mother nature knows how to take care of a species gone out of control. We are part of nature so we have more than likely instinctively been doing this to ourselves on purpose so we do not keep upsetting the balance.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply regarding Edgar Cayce and Mnt Etna

I tried searching through the readings (its like a google search) and there was nothing about Mnt Etna other than some reports which are peoples opinions on readings at the time

i did however find this

1936 reading #270-35

"If there are the greater activities in the Vesuvius, or Pelee, then the southern coast of California - and the areas between Salt Lake and the southern portions of Nevada - may expect, within the three months following same, an inundation by the earthquakes. "

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoorfNZ

The MSM probably won't pick it up until she starts spewing lava and erupts properly, right now she's just brewing it seems and it's likely the MSM don't consider it news worthy yet.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
He also said Canada (U.S) would be attacked from Beiring Straight / Iceland area by Russia" they better hurry

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

The MSM probably won't pick it up until she starts spewing lava and erupts properly, right now she's just brewing it seems and it's likely the MSM don't consider it news worthy yet.

I'm a journo and, if I were writing in the sphere of volcanoes/natural disasters, I'd be jumping straight on this story seeing as the world is watching quakes closely these days.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hithe Merinos

Interesting but the Sun has been storming...and I would want to see a much longer chart...go back to 1900 say... 10 years is nothing in geological spans.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I'm a journo and, if I were writing in the sphere of volcanoes/natural disasters, I'd be jumping straight on this story seeing as the world is watching quakes closely these days.

That's you, but I don't remember seeing any news reports ever about a smoking volcano. It's only ever been when one has been spewing lava or brought devastation on a nearby populace, with the latter getting tonnes of coverage whereas spewing lava only gets minimal coverage. A smoking volcano just doesn't make for interesting news to most folk! Also where do you get the idea the world is watching quakes closely ? I really don't think they are, maybe there are some more folk interested than normal but to claim the world is just absurd

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

Of course, sorry, it's just in my little world where people who follow quakes are watching closely. And then there are the masses of new people brought onboard by the Haiti and Chile quakes. And the increased coverage of every bit of the globe that shakes...

And IMHO, in that current environment (that's just in my little world, it seems), jumping on a smoking gun could lead to a bigger breaking story... you can't just run after all the big events after they've happened
- slowly slowly catchy monkey.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by MoorfNZ]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MoorfNZ

Hey, we differ in opinion, no need for the immature attitude just because I disagree with you!

Sure more people are interested in quakes but I don't believe it's on the scale you're trying to claim. I'm not wasting time in arguing over something so irrelevant anyway, I gave a logical reason to your thoughts, take it or leave it, I don't really care

[edit on 8/4/10 by Discotech]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Back to the matter at hand....

Precursor to the current event?

Translated using Babel...

In days 2 and 3 April 2010 has had place a sismico swarm along the western part of faglia the Pernicana, on the mean depositor north-oriental of the Etna Mount. The swarm is begun to 20,04 hours GMT (22,04 premises) with a jolt of magnitudo 4,2, localized to a depth of 1 km to approximately 2 km south from the Tourist Village Mareneve (zone “Clan of the Boys”). This event has been accompanied from extended fratturazioni of the ground, very obvious on the draft of the Mareneve road comprised between Flat Pernicana and the “Clan of the Boys”, but also on the land more to they goes towards Crisimo Mount. In all they have been recorded instrumentally ca. 170 jolt. In the successive days to this swarm variations in the vulcanica activity to sommitali craters have not been observed.

Source: www.ct.ingv.it...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Great work silo13, quick reporting with great pics...star and flag

We all love the first one on the scene thing, but above of all...be safe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join