It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bureau of Meteorology images show mysterious patterns on radar system

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Bureau of Meteorology images show mysterious patterns on radar system

www.news.com.au

THEY are the digital-age equivalent of crop circles - mysterious patterns appearing on the Bureau of Meteorology's national radar system without any explanation.

And the random images described as red stars, rings of fire and white doughnuts are sending online conspiracy websites into meltdown.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Personally I'm not in meltdown and I recall seeing something similar in the past on ATS on these anomalies. Apparently it started on January the 15th though.

Personally I thought it was just anomalous data impacts on the construction of the overall images from specific radar sites, but I could be wrong. What I do find interesting is that they are discussing HAARP in the MSM finally here in Australia.

The BoM is investigating it so whether they actually say anything other than mathematical algorithms causing the anomalies will be interesting.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The fiery maelstrom and the other with what looks like a shining black sun with a red center are quite eerie.
They called it interference but did not say what kind of interference. Also, what kind of 'interference' causes such strange pictures on radar?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I saw a set of concentric circles coming from Parkes NSW the other day while I was watching the National weather map on BoM. I thought it might be programming gliches in the BoM software.
But then I thought what sort of software can give you pretty white concentric circles like that??? Then this thread came up and now I am thinking WTF Haarp, ET's etc etc

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ah, it's just probably just the side effect of some alien technology scanning our planet from afar. Or maybe it's the side effect of their crop circle creating technology from afar. Next time someone notices this, they should go to the center of the observed phenomenon to see if some crop circle message was left behind.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Holy cow, whether or not this is just a technological burp, it is awesome. This should be getting way more attention.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba1f2bc09884.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8ce4ca9d415e.jpg[/atsimg]

Pretty cool stuff.

Conspiracy websites, however, have lit up with dozens of breathless theories behind the strange anomalies from alien involvement, secret military testing to government weather modification.

One of the coolest stories I've run into in a long time here, thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Wheres OzWeatherman?

OP maybe u2u him to add to this thread?

I find the images interesting as they are soo large, and differant, and certainly are circle shaped, and spiral too.

Infact Oz did a recent thread showing how a similair thing happened with their radar, that was caused by Bugs.

These pictures though could not be that.

Interesting,

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Shere Khaan

G'day Shere Khaan

That's nothing.....just artifact.

It's been on & off the BOM site for years.

They've explained it many times.

Kind regards & a hunk a hunk a burnin' love
Elvis

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

This definitely needs more attention. I bet it is HAARP though. I remember seeing similar patterns formed when HAARP is in use but I can't remember where...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
reply to post by serbsta

This definitely needs more attention. I bet it is HAARP though. I remember seeing similar patterns formed when HAARP is in use but I can't remember where...

Hi Smell The Roses

You can't remember where because it never happened.

Kind regards

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The interference would be caused by the interference of electromagnetic waves (i.e. radio waves).

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
reply to post by serbsta

You can't remember where because it never happened.

Look at Phages link. Specifically the second link. Notice this part.

"I have received data also today that shows the HAARP facility has been ramped up (see their own monitoring
data below)." I guess it did happen.

[edit on 1-4-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Those aren't typical interference patterns by the way.

Actually, I have never seen any interference patterns even remotely similar...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Hi Smell The Roses

Phage's post was more useful than mine.

The links will show you it's nothing.

Kind regards

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I suppose you have some evidence linking the radar glitches to HAARP?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Yes read more about the second incident. What else would make this happen. It could be pure coincidence but i doubt it.

Check this out.

"The APTI/Eastlund patent was filed during the final days of the Reagan administration, when plans for high-tech missile defense systems were still all the rage. But Eastlund's blue-sky vision went far beyond the usual Star Wars prescriptions of the day and suggested even more unusual uses for his patented ionospheric heater. "Weather modification," the patent states, "is possible by... altering upper atmospheric wind patterns or altering solar absorption patterns by constructing one or more plumes of particles which will act as a lens or focusing device." As a result, an artificially heated could focus a "vast amount of sunlight on selected portions of the earth." HAARP officials deny any link to Eastlund's patents or plans. But several key details suggest otherwise. For starters, APTI, holder of the Eastlund patents, continues to manage the HAARP project."

HAARP.net

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Hi Smell The Roses

HAARP's been done to death about a thousand times on here.

There's nothing going on with HAARP & my humble opinion is that we don't need another HAARP thread.

Kind regards

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Think there is a reason it has gotten a lot of attention on here? I say HAARP did this. Provide another theory please if you think you know what this could be, any ideas at all?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
"Haarp RADAR Anomaly In Australia?" Another discussion on this.

Two bizarre features seen on radar over the North West and South East of Australia today ( Jan 22, 2010)
The ring over the south east appeared approximately 30 seconds before the bizarre red star over the north west.

Disregard the music please

www.godlikeproductions.com...

<<   2  3 >>

join