It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member looking for good reads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Hey, Im bulletproof_monk. Just joined today, but have been visiting this site pretty regularly for a few months now. Very good site and love the info everyone is sharing. Finally thought I'd become a member and post some stories myself and ask for some advice on some topics which I am not very aware of.
Anyway, I ordered Aldous Huxley's "Doors of perception" and "Heaven and Hell", and have just received it in the mail a couple hours ago. Looking forward to sitting down and reading it tonight. Im a big fan of psychology and the study of consciousness. If anyone has any books theyd like to recommend to me id appreciate it very much. The books dont have to be about consciousness. Any great book titles would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to having future discussions with you all.
The Bulletproof_Monk

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bulletproof_monk

Hi bulletproof_monk, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive U2U's (messages) to Staff only.
However, once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive U2U's to and from fellow ATS members.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Terms and Conditions

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Hello bulletproof_monk nice name and welcome to A.T.S I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do friend...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I can recommend a couple books to you that I'm sure you would enjoy:

The Way of the Shaman, by Michael Harner

Tao Te Ching, by Lao Tsu

Siddhartha, by Herman Hesse

Also if you want, you can take a look at my threads. Many of them deal with things of a spiritual and psychological nature.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Hey mate welcome to ATS,

Here are some free books to download

E-Books of Interest

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So, Hello, Nice to meet you!
I hope you keep on enjoying ATS as you have been, and even more so now as you'll be joining right in...anddddddddd... OH! A Good read? Ok, here's a great read!

The Voyages of the Penelope and the Yydryl

Take your time, enjoy and then when you're ready think about getting your Writer Status - and JOIN US! We're looking for some writers aboard the Yydr team and we'd be glad to see you there!

Feel free to U2U me if you've got any questions.

Welcome to ATS!

peace

[edit on 24-3-2010 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Welcome! ATS is the best place to get your news.

As for reads... I am biased, I admit, but I offer the thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's called, "The End of Entropy: A Look at Our Entropic World and the Evidence Supporting How We Can Change This"

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Here ya go .....this should keep you busy for a month or so.....PARA: Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain
Don't forget to go to BelowTopSecret also. Welcome

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This is a great thread by Lisa2012. She asked us all to post links to sites offering downloadable books and documentaries. There's masses of information:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-3-2010 by berenike]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
1984 is a must read of course

also You are being lied to by disinfo.com is a great read

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
shockingly, nobody mentioned this one:

www.theconnextion.com...

The Above Top Secret book by Jim Marrs.

Another fine read is the site itself. thousands upon thousands of things that'll keep you up at night.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If you are a fan of psychology I recommend: How to raise an emotionally intelligent child. Even if you don't have children yourself, you can see how your parents screwed you up.
Anything by John Gottman is good.

One of my favorites is: The Unthinkable: Who survives Disasters and Why by Amanda Ripley. Kind of a pop title but has a lot of research into it. Fascinating read. It goes into a lot of the psychology about how people react to disasters and why. Such as flight, panic, freeze, hero, etc.

It also goes into a lot factual information regarding certain disasters that I have not come across elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
issc-taste.org...

the above link has a continual updated list of mostly short accounts of woo-woo & trancendental first hand experiences... i find i like the brief story/reports of how people react or just absorb the experiences into their mind/life/soul/intellect

long stories (books) and even serial themes like the Carlos Casteneda series are addictive (to me)...

YouTube - Carlos Castaneda
CARLOS CASTANEDA: ENIGMA OF A SORCERER A best-selling Author for 30 years, Carlos Castaneda
inspired millions to break free from social dogma, fueling controversy over his ...
187262 views · Added 10/12/2006
www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJz2VI_SqoQ · Cached page

welcome aboard....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Bullet proof monk Hi, Glad to have you aboard. That's a good screen name. I assume Bullet will suffice. you look for good reads, cool.

I like to remind the members to speak cause we want all opinions to weigh. That's one of the keys to truth and that we seek. Here is your reminder.

Welcome, this is the place.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the welcome and the great titles. I will try to look into them as soon as i can. I look forward to seeing you around on other threads.
Bulletproof_monk

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

top topics

join