It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are aliens a product of Artificial Intelligence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Interesting article!
"what are they" by Richard Dolan

Artificial intelligence leading to artificial lifeforms...
Sounds like an interesting hypothesis. Taking it one step further, what if they were created by us and have back from the future for whatever reason? (Shades of Terminator....) I am just kidding.... (I hope...)

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by gzhpcu]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If they were aliens I would assume they are extraterrestrial in origin thus not being a product of any intervention from humans.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sure, I was just kidding. Richard Dolan theorizes that some extraterrestial intelligence created these artificial intelligence-based artificial beings (quite a mouthful...).

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It was a great article until he applied the human concept of AI and Singularity to an alien species. We cannot assume an alien civilization has the kind of computer technology we do and to assume some other alien species reached Singularity and are a product of these AI's is basing theory on top of theory on top of theory.

I really did think his ideas on AI Singularity on Earth rather interesting though.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Sinobyte,
There are lots of assumptions in the article. But IMHO not really impossible. It is an interesting article and not so far-fetched as lots of other articles out on the internet. He does say his ideas are still evolving.

Just for the sake of argument: Aliens, I would think, need some kind of computer technology for the really big number crunching needed for some technical problems (navigation, etc.). That this computer technology, even if different, leads to artificial intelligence is not so impossible to imagine.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
We are all the product of the Matrix. The Matrix has you, and there's nothing you can do about it. Sounds stupid, now doesn't it? That's my opinion on this issue.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   

That had nothing to do with the article. Are you not able to add something worthwhile to the post?

[Edited on 6/4/2004 by Sinobyte]

new topics

top topics

join