It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Fantasy XIII vs. Older Final Fantasies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Okay...

So, I just took out Orphan, got the last Crystarium Expansion and I'm about to start on the side-quests.

I'm feeling somewhat less disappointed at this point. The storyline wasn't bad, the difficulty level wasn't too brutal, the CGI was absolutely stunning and I found I actually got attached to a couple of the characters.

Hopefully, the side-quests will offer some further redemption, but even in that case, FF13 will still not be "one of the greats" of the series. It's just a moderately-decent Final Fantasy game to kill some time until Square-Enix decide to get back to their old style.

TheAssoc.

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I have to say I gave up on this game. I got to chapter 11 and about 30 hours in. I did a few of the side quests. I am truly dissapointed. I really really really wanted to like this game, I practically bought a PS3 for it. I didn't care if it was on 360 I wanted it on a sony machine. The CGI is top notch I can say the best of anything I have ever seen (I dont watch pixar or disney). The game would have been better if it was shorter or more open from the git go but I really really tried. I just wish I could have really gotten into this

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I've actually taken the time to 1000/1000 this on the 360. Very daunting task to anyone who wishes to try it.

I recommend a checklist for all the items/weapons.
Don't EVER farm for CP, it's not needed, trust me. Gil is the hardest thing to come by in this game.

I LOVED the story, and I've played all of them. This one definitely delivered for the next-gen,my only gripe with it is the sidequests.

I beat the game in like 50 hours;
But spent another 90 hours farming the SAME monster for money. The extra quests in this game completely fail when compared to others.

I'm still playing XI though. One day that to will be 1250/1250.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I still havnt got a PS3 to play it!

Anyway, I dug out Final Fantasy xii, which Id half compleated and remmemberd why I stopped playing it.

It started of Well, running through Rabanastre killing sewer rats and all that, but then about halfway through, when you start looking for crystals or what ever, it got repetative and boring for me.

Plus it looks like Vaan permenantly has dirt on his face or something lol.

Like I said earlier, for me, 8 is the best. Then 7. Then 10.

I played the playstation 1 re-released Anthology of iv (4) and v(5) as well as the re-released vi(6) but found it hard to go back onto Gameboy-like graphics, and never finished them either.

A few of the other Squaresoft/Square-enix games related to the franchise that I have are Direg Of Cerberus, Ehrgeiz and FF-x2.
(Didnt bother with Kingdom Hearts etc, because I think they may be a bit childish for me. Plus I ended up playing other RPG's like Phantasy Star, P.S-Ambition of the Illuminus, Rouge Galaxy-"impressed with the cartoon graphics!", Magna Carter, Dragon Quest and Star Ocean.)

Still, when I finally get a Ps3, Ill purchase Final Fantasy! Even if its just for old times sake... Lol.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join