It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Sky Anomaly in Thailand

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

They often help if you use the alert feature near the bottom of your post.
I would suggest General Conspiracy. You should maybe find something a little more concrete as well.
Good luck

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't have any idea what you are describing could have been, but my family and I saw something very similar about ten years ago. We were driving home from a friends house after a late night of playing games. My husband, three children, and myself all saw a large band arced above in the night sky. It almost looked like what you see when an event shines a spotlight into the sky, you see a large light beam, but much more distant looking. At the time, I thought it must be what it looked like to look into the sky from a planet with rings around it, like Saturn. As you described, it seemed to stay perfectly still, while the Earth's rotation made it disappear behind our horizon. In all it took about twenty minutes. Back then, I was not as curious as I would be now, it was just interesting to us. I think we ended up putting it off to atmospheric conditions being exactly right to reflect sunlight in an arc, rather like a rainbow without the prism effect of moisture.

Anyway, I'm glad I read your post today and was reminded of this. I hope you find out some answers and get some photographs. If we witnessed the same type of phenomenom, it truly was something special.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by Cameoii]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Cameoii

Thankyou, your description is near perfect. I was excited and drunk when I posted the first account, and fear it is not appropriately descriptive. Perhaps now with your description, of what sounds like a similar scenario, we will get some answers.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by serpentine

Actually, since posting, I did some searching on my own and found this:

Nighttime Rainbow

Formed in the same way as the daytime bow, the light from the Moon cannot match the brilliance of the solar disk so a moon rainbow is but a pale relative of its daytime counterpart. While sometimes we can see some colour, the moon rainbow normally appears whitish; the colours are just too faint to distinguish properly except with a time-exposure photograph. It is because of this faintness that we normally only see a moon rainbow near time of Full Moon.

Sounds like the best explination I've read so far.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I beleive there was an earthquake in thailand this morning maybe more earth quake lights ?seems to be a growing phenon. ?
i am wondering if this is just the beginning of a chain of plate movements??

Damn 2012 movie

Be Well

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I am reading about gamma ray bursts, exploding stars. This is sounding plausable. A friend mentioned this, suggesting that an arc of this magnitude could be t he result of proximity to a black hole or perhaps a collapsing star.

Collapsing stars release massive amounts of energy that travel outward in the form of powerful gamma rays, called gamma ray bursts. These huge explosions last only minutes but can be detected from orbiting satellites. These violent explosion also causes a ripple in the very fabric of space-time -- like a stone thrown in a pond -- and travel outward as a gravity wave. Both the gamma rays and gravity wave propagate outward at different speeds, often reaching the earth at different times.....

[edit on 4/3/2010 by serpentine]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
News report from Asia reports of a quake of mag.5.4 in Myanmar. 2319GMT 13th Mar 2010. Depth 105km. Myanmar is Thailand's northern neighbour.

Thailand lies on firmer ground of the Eurasian tectonic plate, but Myanmar which also lies on the Eurasian plate, is closer to the action between the Eurasian and Indian plate.

No report of damages...yet.

When you see the aurora over the skies outside of polar regions, take precautions. They are advance warnings, between days to minutes, depending on the firmness of the ground - close or further away from tectonic plates.

[edit on 13-3-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join