It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Earthquake just hit Afghanistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
did it happen to "light up the sky" as was reported in chile?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
god is telling us something

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on Sat Feb 27 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by oldschoolsuper star
did it happen to "light up the sky" as was reported in chile?

Why would that matter? "Lighting up the sky", as you've seen in the other thread on ATS has happened before and during other earthquakes in the past.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Well, I think it's pretty damn interesting that the sky lights up "sometimes" and "has in the past", yet I've seem to have gone through life without ever once having been educated on this.

If the sky lit up in Chile and the sky lights up during another earthquake within a few days, then I would deem that important. The sky just doesn't "light up" on a frequent basis. Have you ever seen the sky light up? Doubt it.

Since people only garner theories from the phenomena, I think it's important to speculate whenever the chance arises.

So, I ask you.. Why dismiss it so fast, what's the big deal?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
While we might not all agree on the war. We should however not take it upon ourselves to just ignore the thread and blast the soldiers over there. They are doing what they are told. Isn't that what soldiers do? The fighting is just a side note to the stuff they do over there. If a 5. anything hit your home chances are your life would be in ruins, you would have had to change your pants, and pray to what ever god you believe in that everyone of your friends/family is ok. In this case the Marine (if it is a marine) got lucky, nobody got hurt, he is writing to inform us of the quake, and chances are he may have someone on here who he knows that can spread the word that he is alright. So good for him that he wasn't hurt. If you can't support the troops who had no choice in going over there to fight for your rights. I hope your faced with the fact that your life is going to change one day. Either be it the loss of your rights or your freedoms. You don't deserve either if you can't support the people who have no choice but to be sent away from their families and loved ones and then suffer an even greater scare by being in a quake.

Compassion is given not earned. You cannot earn something by suffering. The men and women in the wars, (no matter how idiotic the war) have suffered enough to have us show them compassion. If it was a choice to go or stay without penalty then I would have to agree with every statement about how stupid the soldier is, However they have no choice but to go.

Now OP I am really glad your ok, I hope all the people there are also ok. Please keep us informed of any future shocks after shocks. The bashers be damned.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ATTENTION

The topic of this thread is the earthquake in Afghanistan....not the war, not human nature.

Please stay on topic

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Well, I think it's pretty damn interesting that the sky lights up "sometimes" and "has in the past", yet I've seem to have gone through life without ever once having been educated on this.

If the sky lit up in Chile and the sky lights up during another earthquake within a few days, then I would deem that important. The sky just doesn't "light up" on a frequent basis. Have you ever seen the sky light up? Doubt it.

Since people only garner theories from the phenomena, I think it's important to speculate whenever the chance arises.

I dismiss it so fast because it is evident that it is a naturally occuring phenomena and has been seen during other quakes. And I have seen the Northern Lights so your doubts have failed you this time

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
wow you ATS reporters keep amazing me. ive learned about every single one of the previous earthquakes from ATS before the local news.

Afghanistan kinda far i wonder if and how they are related.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
wow you ATS reporters keep amazing me. ive learned about every single one of the previous earthquakes from ATS before the local news.

Afghanistan kinda far i wonder if and how they are related.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And look at the rest of the quakes not reported by the MSM that you still havent heard of within the past 48 hours around the world. A few 5+s in there!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
sure it's happened before, but that doesn't answer my question! i was literally just curious. did you happen to notice anything like that? honest question.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Well, thank you for your service and keep your head down,for sure.

It is bad enough to have to keep down and low so you are not a target, but now the ground is rocking and rolling around you.

I just can't believe the audacity of those evil scientists at Haarp in Alaska.

Now they are attacking our own troops all the way over in Afghanistan.

They MUST be stopped before they destroy the world!

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

While all of that is certainly true,I wouldn't sit in the "rah-rah" seats just yet if I were you. Mother earth has no desire to eliminate but to awaken. So, if you're thinking there is just going to be a complete annihilation of the human species or whatever, I'm afraid you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

Yes, there will be birth pangs, but it's not doom and gloom. It's the road to a better future.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Bravo for standing up to that.

It's not his business what the OP chooses to post or not post.

What is he, the self-appointed thread police?

OP: With everything that has gone on with earthquakes lately, who wouldn't be a little freaked out. The slightest rumble at this point would be unnerving to anybody.

I hope that was the last of it, and you guys are safe. Keep us posted on what's going on!

[edit on 2/27/2010 by ladyinwaiting]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Googled "downgrading of Richter scale in 2006 and got nothing

[edit on 27-2-2010 by hthjason]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

its nothing new, completely normal

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thousands of human deaths at the hands of mother nature..........is called a piece of humble pie...........Human beings need a slice........it's long over due. With all our arrogance, technology, mistreatment of the environment if it takes thousdands or millions of deaths to humble us as a species and make us realize there are still things out of our control.....so be it. In the end technology will not save us........aliens from outer space will not save us..........all we have in life is this Earth and each other. We will either live on or die off. Whichever comes first the sooner the better in my opinion get busy livin or get busy dying. We've made terrible progress over the last 100 years.

In my opinion, any death that is wished for is a negative force. But seeing as we have become such a negative species, i can only agree with this sentiment. We have become a parasite on this beautiful planet, and if this is what it takes to wake us up, then Mother Nature, Bring The Pain.
And for those interested, if i knew it would make a difference, i'd gladly be first in line to make our Mother a better place to live for our children and decendants....
Peace Out. V
Scorpius.

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Scorpius]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
wow. i installed that firefox earthquake thing a couple hours ago and already like 6 5.0+ quakes have shook my screen.

a 5.0 went off in mendoza, argentina as i was typing this lol....

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
wow. i installed that firefox earthquake thing a couple hours ago and already like 6 5.0+ quakes have shook my screen.

a 5.0 went off in mendoza, argentina as i was typing this lol....

Theyre going off around the world.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, I hope the OP doesn't have to be tromping around in the mountains of Afghanistan during an earthquake. That could be really bad. Does anybody know if they have any volcanoes there?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join