It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Are you happy with your government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Are you happy with your government?

OK! The point of this thread is to see how many people actually like how their government work...

So ATS... Are you happy with your government?

If not... What is stopping you from changing the way yours works?

[edit on 23-2-2010 by Freq Of Nature]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
So ATS... Are you happy with your government?

Yes and no. I am not happy with the lack of thinking and other options coming out of the mouths of our two party system. I am not happy with the laws that have been passed recently. However, I am confident balance can be achieved within our system.

If not... What is stopping you from changing the way yours works?

I am working my own little corner of the government to hopefully bring change where it's needed. I can't focus on everything that is wrong. I focus on labor issues and company corruption. Employers for too long have become arrogant and haphazard in their dealings with employees. Usually it is not the company necessarily but the people promoted to positions of power within that seem to be the biggest issue. My focus is on holding a company accountable to the image it presents itself with.

The government end of this is that government agencies are tilted in favor of businesses. I have been successful in bringing claims against many, and have not backed down by government agencies ignorance of their own statues and regulations. I have fought to the highest level where the company backs down, or where the government realizes their own error. I am leading a one man revolution in this manner.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ONLY IF HE WAS ROBIN HOOD

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Impressive indeed!

More people need to start what you are doing... Politics is a joke nowadays!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Freq Of Nature

Indeed. I am standing up in my own way. In no way can I root out all the corruption everywhere. I believe in the individual; but I detest an individual that would limit another individual because they have the power to do so. All I ask is that companies that know their rules, that preach their rules, that advertise fairness and concern for their employees and customers, actually hold themselves to those rules. To go against their own rules when it pleases the company is a lie they are living; whether it be to customers or employees.

I would be interested to hear from others how they are helping change the system or hold it accountable in their own ways.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that are acting similarly to you!

Hopefully more than we think!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freq Of Nature

Again, THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT!!!

A "Government" CAN NOT BE A Corporation and Vice Versa.

The "U.S." is a corporation, traded on the International stock market just like Canada and most other countries. Wake up already!!!

Personal responsibility is all that is keeping us from chaos and THEY know it!!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Thank you for your views!

But please bare in mind the purpose of this thread!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There are a few things the government could do to make a number of people more happy. Simply getting rid of that whole Geithner-Bernanke-Goldman Sachs crew would be a good start. Why they have ANY role at all in government affairs beyond stamping lisence plates isincomprehensible at this point. Actually I understand why it is the way it is and believe me it makes me no less unhappy about the whole thing.

Beyond that, I'd like to see a little Lincoln- or Andrew-Jackson-style action in the Oval Office these days. I'd say its right about the time when our country has needed it most in almost a century.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08b1f5c8e525.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 2/23/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Feb, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

To be honest not everyone is going to be happy with their government!

I just want to find out for what reasons they are not and what is stopping them from changing how their government runs...

top topics

join