It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

crossroads in the search for truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
like many other people on ATS, ive been looking into information concerning new world order, freemasonry, illuminati power structures etc. for a few years now and have recently come to face a moral dilemna; the question is, can you really look at this from an atheist point of view?
i have also, like a large number of people, wondered and pondered upon the existence of God many a time, and have decided that i do not believe in such a higher divine force, not out of ignorance, since at an early age i was educated in a catholic school and have studied the bible. perhaps there are people who will say that i have not looked into what is "relevant", AVKJV 1611 version of it etc.
you watch zeitgeist, and then come to the conclusion that it is new ageist disinformation promoting "luciferian" beliefs established by theosophy and people like helena blavatsky, aleister crowley etc. but you come to a point when you wonder;
is it really either, or?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The myths of religion are a combination of misinterpreted natural phenomena and wildly altered stories from the time of the Anunnaki. There is no invisible man in the sky watching us.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Something in each of our lives brings us to the crossroads, where we find out what we really do believe. I remember vividly that crossroads for me, and it is in my comments on my ATS profile. I would encourage you read their stories and consider the crossroads that some of these people reached in their lives: Joni Eareckson Tada, Corrie Ten Boom, and Dietrich Bonhoeffer. (Just my 2 cents)

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

would you care to expand?
and if there is no divine force, where have the anunnaki themselves come from? who created them?

@ novacs
thanks, i'll take a look into it.
I've come to a point where i dont know what to believe anymore.
all my life so far ive believed that there is no God, for various reasons;
but now i come to question to what extent this is "luciferian" influence
i dont find it right to dismiss people who do not believe in God or Yeshua ben Youssef as "luciferian" or devil worshippers, that they have "fallen right into the nwo trap", surely thats being close minded and urging people to submit themselves to a religious doctrine?

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by harlinskee

I'm not sure what you are asking me. Are you asking me if my decision to follow Christ makes me judgmental of those who don't? Have you ever read Robert Frost's poem Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Woods? I confess that I don't know if he was a Christian or atheist or what, but I do think we all come to a crossroads like he describes. We each must choose which way to go.

I got the poem title wrong. It is: The Road Not Taken.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by novacs4me]

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by harlinskee

I think you already know the answer just reading your opening post.

You are allowing others to influence you right now in asking for opinions which is not completely bad as some already are good answers in my opinion.

Go with what you know is the right thing to do.

Read over your thoughts in that opening post once more and you will see you already know your answer.

Your procrastinating, be truthful with yourself.

Good luck

[edit on 23-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by novacs4me

o sorry, the second part wasnt directed at you in particular, it was jus me asking an open question
but yh, i know that poem, i think i even studied it in english a few years back, its really a beautiful one.
in a sense we have already taken the road less travelled by, by acknowledging that these kind of things exist, but from what i see in the crossroads infront of me...there is no one thats especially "less travelled by".

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

maybe i do, i dont know, its just that all my life, ive never believed in the divine, or God, and now
things are just turning upside down with information ive recently been exposed to, putting everything into question
to me life has had no more meaning than it already has, it was no more than what ive been living up to now, if that makes sense, i think that its either that or you adhere to a religious doctrine & give your life meaning through believing in a higher force.
my original question was whether or not you can acknowledge the position we're in, being fringe thinkers trapped in a cage and a contained minority by those whose intentions are evil, from an atheist point of view...

but thank you

[edit on 27/11/09 by harlinskee]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by harlinskee
reply to post by XXXN3O

maybe i do, i dont know, its just that all my life, ive never believed in the divine, or God, and now
things are just turning upside down with information ive recently been exposed to, putting everything into question
to me life has had no more meaning than it already has, it was no more than what ive been living up to now, if that makes sense, i think that its either that or you adhere to a religious doctrine & give your life meaning through believing in a higher force.
my original question was whether or not you can acknowledge the position we're in, being fringe thinkers trapped in a cage and a contained minority by those whose intentions are evil, from an atheist point of view...

but thank you

[edit on 27/11/09 by harlinskee]

I think I know where you are coming from as I have been through the confusion as others have before me and to come.

I do not want to tell you my whole story here because it would be too long. Instead I will tell you what I did and the decision I made along with why I did it.

I got to the point that I wanted to know whats right and whats wrong...

Reptillian theories - Very hazy when you try to find out where these stories first came from and my gut instinct with this is that there is some truth to it but its mixed with lies.

New World Order - Can see it happening right now, this is in the bible new testament.

The state the world is in with wars, famines and so on - Look at history with all the tyranny, injustice and sheer horror that has happened before and look at where we are heading. Why would humanity really want to destroy itself? Logically there is no other valid reason than evil itself.

Religion - I was extremely against Catholicism as I do not understand why a pope says that the way to salvation is through him and as a catholic you are expected to confess to a man about the wrong you do, I could not find anything in any bible that states these things.
I knew there are a lot of religions on the planet and I had some time looking at them all.
I was put off with eastern religions because of things such as Zeitgiest and the arrivals, due to the heavy psychological twisting in them and the constant attack on Christianity.
I was put off buddism because I felt that to much of the effort was on man itself rather than God coming to you to meet half way. How can you have a relationship with anyone but yourself by meditation alone.

I used this site here...

www.codexsinaiticus.org...

here is a small description of what this project is...

What is Codex Sinaiticus?

Codex Sinaiticus, a manuscript of the Christian Bible written in the middle of the fourth century, contains the earliest complete copy of the Christian New Testament. The hand-written text is in Greek. The New Testament appears in the original vernacular language (koine) and the Old Testament in the version, known as the Septuagint, that was adopted by early Greek-speaking Christians. In the Codex, the text of both the Septuagint and the New Testament has been heavily annotated by a series of early correctors.

The significance of Codex Sinaiticus for the reconstruction of the Christian Bible's original text, the history of the Bible and the history of Western book-making is immense.

I read a lot of this bible as it has been pieced together from passages of 4th century scripture and I checked each section of christianities belief passages to what this bible contained to check for lies in order to find out where false teachings are that even the bible itself warns of.

I came to the realisation that there is only one way to salavation and the truth is that Jesus Christ is our savior and the only way to salvation.

Evil is on the earth and it will rule for a short time, turn on any news channel, read threads as much as you can and its all the same bad news.

Its all in the bible but to understand the word you must make the first step and come to Christ. You have to do this to have the spirit of truth within you to see the lies.

If you want proof of it, you have to do it.

I hope that makes sense to you and I hope you find your answers.

The world is upside down when it comes to truth. Is it not ironic how we want to know the truth because the world confuses us yet we go to the world for answers?

PS: Nice poem Novacs.

[edit on 24-2-2010 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 24 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
In Les Miserables, Jean Valjean stands at the crossroads. He has just robbed the bishop of Digne of the silver in the bishop's house, and been caught by Javert, the policeman. As Javert accuses him of the crime, the bishop denies it was theft, and offers Valjean the rest of the silver. This confuses Valjean, who sings (1st 3 minutes of video):

[edit on 24-2-2010 by novacs4me]

new topics

top topics

join