It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck, former 9/11 truther

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

Did the Nazis go door to door?

Well, I don't really want to go into it here, but kind of. Lot of early "street action". Don't forget - this was the twenties and the thirties. There really was only two forms of media, print and radio and even radio wasn't universally accessible so mainly it was public demonstrations and print media.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hate to burst that bubble but that segment was heavily edited. He was stating that if YOU believe these things, then it is your patriotic duty to stand up and shout them from the rooftops.

In regards to the 911 families’ situation - while it is sad that they lost family members and that they do deserve compensation however; the amount that they were demanding was astronomical. I am a wounded disabled veteran and I don’t expect a thousandth of that amount, neither do most of my colleagues and their spouses. That is what insurance is for. Why would the government pay for something that was an act of war (or inside job if you prefer?) I have to admit their demand for reparations turned my stomach too.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooper

Did the Nazis go door to door?

Well, I don't really want to go into it here, but kind of.

I know you would say that just to be antagonistic. You were just arguing about how many images were on a gallery earlier when it was plainly tracked on the database itself. You would argue with a wall.

this was the twenties and the thirties. There really was only two forms of media, print and radio and even radio wasn't universally accessible so mainly it was public demonstrations and print media.

Right, and that is exactly how people learned of the Nazi party, what they stood for, what they were saying, etc. There are entire History Channel programs on how the Nazis used media effectively to indoctrinate their population. There really is nothing to dispute about this. The only people that would even say the main form of communication was just rumoring on the street, are people such as yourself, that are just infinitely antagonistic. You would argue with me if I said the Sun is hot. Grow up.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by bsbray11]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The original video in my OP is somewhat misleading. Beck wasn't question if elements of the US government were behind 9/11. The episode was on Obama's "Green Jobs" Czar pick Van Jones. Beck was reading off questions on a 9/11 truth petition and Van Jones had signed.

Beck did, however, say he did have lots of questions after 9/11, mainly the Sandy Berger controversy, and how it's every citizens duty to question their government, something he was criticizing Medina of doing.

Here's the full clip:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

I was not arguing about the quantity of images, I was simply having problems navigating the site.

As for the nazi thing, you're talking about two different issues, gaining power and influence and then maintaining it.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
As for the nazi thing, you're talking about two different issues, gaining power and influence and then maintaining it.

For both of those things the mass media was crucial to the Nazis and I have never seen anyone else try to deny this stuff like you "debunkers" who seem to pick your beliefs based on whatever I don't believe.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I am just saying it is not as simple as "control the media".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join