It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A patchwork plan for space rescue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 07:49 AM
link   
HOUSTON, Feb. 28 � The dramatic video from the flight deck of the space shuttle Columbia, shot just minutes before it was destroyed, has sparked new interest in a nagging question: What could NASA have dreamed up to save the astronauts?....

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Perhaps there really *is* little-to-nothing NASA can do to save astronauts if a problem comes up...After all, when they're sitting in the cockpit awaiting launch, they realize that they've *volunteered & trained* for that moment.

Perhaps the most dangerous thing that any human being can do would be to strap the largest explosive canister in the world under their butts...And pray that the explosion is as well-controlled as they think it is.

[Edited on 2-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I don't mean to be a pessimist, but I don't think they were ever supposed to make it back home...

posted on Mar, 2 2003 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I agree with Dragonrider. That videotape is way too suspicious.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 02:55 AM
link   
There could have been a few options for NASA.

The one i am thinking of is to abort re-entry prep another shuttle and send that one up to rescue the astronauts , then bring columbia down on auto.

But as other people have put it maybe they were not supposed to return although the reason why is beyond me, why kill 7 astronauts whats the reason. To stop space programs, have they found something they don't want us to see

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by Crawford]

[Edited on 6-3-2003 by Crawford]

new topics

top topics

join