It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Crisis Ends - Leaving 411 Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Swine Flu Crisis Ends - Leaving 411 Dead

news.sky.com

The swine flu crisis is officially over leaving 411 deaths Britons dead - a fraction of the number feared. The National Pandemic Flu Service (NPFS) - including the the 24-hour health hotline - will be stood down on Thursday.

The website will also disappear in response to the "steady reduction" in the number of cases, health chiefs have announced.

Critics say the seven-month outbreak - costing an estimated £1bn - has been mishandled by ministers and health officials, with a flawed threat assessment.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Totally amazing - it was Sky News in the UK that spent days scaring the public with running warnings, claims of death and destruction and now half way down the page the news that we are all safe and well and have nothing to fear is hardly being looked at.

Oh well, at least most of us have made it through

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellys
Totally amazing - it was Sky News in the UK that spent days scaring the public with running warnings, claims of death and destruction and now half way down the page the news that we are all safe and well and have nothing to fear is hardly being looked at.
Oh well, at least most of us have made it through

I can't laugh. Microbiologists, epidemiologists, and their ilk know full well that 'the big one' is always at our doorstep, and it's up to them to see it coming. Think Cassandra.

I'd rather they miss...and we get our pandemic procedures and sanitary habits all in place as a result. Did Big Pharma pull in a #load of dough in getting vaccine out there? Looks like it...but I'd just as soon that we're ready...government and health care especially.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I jsut posted this on the other thread of the same title..

My question is that if this strain became the dominant strain during the winter, how many non swine flu related flu deaths have their been in the UK?

Going by the very little information I have picked up, flu related deaths are a fraction of normal.. if that is true.. to a degree (death related) and on that point Swine flu was a good flu? Bizzare as it seems.

Tho I can't really say that until I understand the real numbers of non swine flu, flu related deaths.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Fly by night anyone?

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Tho I can't really say that until I understand the real numbers of non swine flu, flu related deaths.

Not only that
Swine Flu deaths counts also include tuberculosis deaths
Yes i know, makes no sense

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Unfortunately we don't really have a true idea of the real numbers because they stopped counting shortly after this "pandemic" began leaving it to some phoneline and website to do the job of diagnosis and counting.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Fly by night anyone?

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Not only that
Swine Flu deaths counts also include tuberculosis deaths
Yes i know, makes no sense

I know, this was hyped as bad, and yet going by the figures as Swine flu was the dominant strain, it appears there were fewer deaths than normal, even factoring in all the Swine flu related deaths...

If we were to expland that globally then a high number of people who would have died becuase of normal flu, and normal flu related illensses are alive..

And little of that is due to big pharma... It literally makes no sense to me..

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Wow, 411 passed away from the global pandemic. I guess the WHO has a different definition of pandemic than I do. I guess that justifies all the money spent on all the vaccines and will probably be used as shining example of the "vaccines must be working" and everyone can feel happy about the billions that big pharma made off the swine scare.

Did you get vaccinated today? Big pharma needs more of your money.

What is even funnier is the documentation that comes with the vaccine states that they don't know how it works or guarantee that it will work.

Priceless.

I'm off to get my H1N1 vaccine just in case I don't have enough mystery fluid in my blood.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The CDC is reporting similar news in the US.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

U.S. cases have been declining since October. An official with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says swine flu cases are still occurring and are likely to continue a while longer at some level.

But another expert said a future large wave of cases now seems very unlikely. The expert, Vanderbilt University's Dr. William Schaffner, said the epidemic has "one foot in the grave."

It looks like they'll string this out for as long as they can, or until they can come up with a new "crisis."

jw

top topics

join