It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Admin. Opposes 9/11 Health Funding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

The Obama administration stunned New York’s delegation yesterday, dropping the bombshell news that it does not support funding the 9/11 health bill.

The state’s two senators and 14 House members met with Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius just hours before President Obama implored in his speech to the nation for Congress to come together and deliver a government that delivers on its promises to the American people.

So the legislators were floored to learn the Democratic administration does not want to deliver for the tens of thousands of people who sacrificed after 9/11, and the untold numbers now getting sick.

“I was stunned — and very disappointed,” said Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, who like most of the other legislators had expected more of a discussion on how to more forward. “To say the least, I was flabbergasted,” said Staten Island Rep. Mike McMahon.

The 9/11 bill would spend about $11 billion over 30 years to care for the growing numbers of people getting sick from their service at Ground Zero, and to compensate families for their losses.

The legislators were shocked the idea was falling lower on the administration priority list than other parts of the war on terror and financial bailouts. “She made it clear that the administration does not support any kind of funding mechanism that goes into the bill,” said Bronx Rep. Eliot Engel.

NY Daily News

Every time i read on how they are throwing these first responders under the bus always hits me hard. I met some of these first responders, and saw the condition they are in. Some of them are on 10+ medications, O2 tanks, and what-not. All these respiratory ailments, and other kinds of suffering these people are going through. They are not getting the help they need. They are disabled, cannot return to work, and the state/country fails to come to their need, when they were the ones cleaning up this disaster breathing in all those toxic chemicals.

The government lied about the air quality, and they cannot even help these people out?

This is disgusting!

[edit on 1/29/2010 by ugie1028]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Remember all the Photo Op's with responder's.

All the New Yorker's holding HERO sign's as they went to the "Pile"

Now , as many as 70,000 are dying from "WTC Cough" and NOTHING.

Let Em Die, It is truely Sickening.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Big government will always care about big business, and the military industrial complex.

They would rather buy bombs to bomb countries, but wont spend money on the first responders medical needs? People should be OUTRAGED. I think the country forgot about these people to tell you the truth.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Time to vote the B@$TARDS out of office.

Obama and Congress is willing to bail out the bankers who have been stealing us blind for over ninety years. Obama and Congress supply free medical care for illegals yet they will not honor the debt we owe these people???

Congress has the ability to over ride Obama's veto so this will tell you where your Congress critter really stands.

I am deeply ashamed of this presidency.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is lame...

The people who risk everything and get nothing when it counts...

Life I guess as a slave.. Deal with it cause from here it only gets worse because people like being a slave.. you see as long as you have American Idol and Football its cool. As long as things are not DIRECTLY effecting you its fine..

Boy I cant wait for the fema camps to open, maybe it will open idiots eyes to how screwed we have been since 1913..

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

No surprise here. The 11 billion that it would cost is 11 billion less than would be available for BamaRed's endless wars. This is why he is freezing spending for the U. S. domestic programs. More money to be spent on the war.

That oil pipeline running from the Caspian Sea all the way through Pakistan to the Indian Ocean has to be built, you know. And BamaRed is never going to admit the profits from the heroin trade alone could pay for the war all by itself. And heaven forbid the oil industry should start funding the wars out of their unprecedented profits.

That means it is up to us loyal, patriotic, Americans to keep on making personal sacrifices in every possible conceivable way for the next couple of generations to pay for the wars.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The gov already screwed the American people out of a real investigation into 911. So why spend any money assisting the first responder's healthcare needs? After all, the gov thinks the American people do not care about 911 anymore. That was their plan, to shove a peice of crap fairy tale at the public under the guise of a "explanation" and allow it to fade over time.

One
Big
Ass
Mistake
America

[edit on 29-1-2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I think if they pass a bill to help with the medical for all those innocent victims who helped at ground zero, then the government might think they are responsible or something, so they do not want to open that door period.

It is a sad day indeed in America when our government turns their back on the suffering.
As long as it is not them or their families, then it does not affect them.

All I can really say is, none of this surprises me, I mean look how the government treats their veterans, it’s appalling. What will it take to wake up Americans and show them they are dying for political lies?

Does anyone know if congress has any of their children in Iraq, or Afghanistan? I bet they don’t.

[edit on 30-1-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Has anyone considered the possibility that if we get a universal health care program passed, these people would be covered under it, and therefore it's redundant to make a second bill specifically for them?
You know...just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
While there are those that think its all about the money.

I on the other hand believe that Obama had to disapprove the health bill for 911 survivors and such because in time it would show by means of the medical records that across the spectrum of 911 patients there would be evidence that would come out of the medical records that something is indeed affecting everyone.

Anyone that corroborates such a finding is in affect undermining the 911 official story and thus it also opens up the possibility to questions that the federal government does not want asked.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowkhas

Even when this Presidency shows its ugly ass, people like you are always going to be there to try to make them out to be the good guys by saying stuff like"well if we had free healthcare"democrap nonsense.

HOLY CRAP! I GOT IT! (Thanks to your ridiculous statement).

They probably denied this BECAUSE they plan on RAMMING that healthcare bill in ONE WAY or ANOTHER.
Spending that much money on something that will probably never see the light of day would be pointless if they in fact KNOW that they are going to ram this healthcare through one way or another.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Just a wee bit of exaggeration right? Seeing how the endstrength of the NYPD and the FDNY is around 51,500.......

[edit on 30-1-2010 by Swampfox46_1999]

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by Sean48

Just a wee bit of exaggeration right? Seeing how the endstrength of the NYPD and the FDNY around 51,500.......

Actually Swamp, I was low balling the estimate.

People living around the site are infected as well.

But WHY does the Number mean so much to you ????????????

Does it make you FEEL BETTER if only 51,500 Die.??

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Merely pointing out the propensity of truthers to exaggerate in order to "solidify" their beliefs.

Of course I believe that the men and women that were at Ground Zero should be treated, however, we shouldn't exaggerate and say that every person that was there that day is dying.

posted on Jan, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swampfox46_1999
reply to post by Sean48

Merely pointing out the propensity of truthers to exaggerate in order to "solidify" their beliefs.

Of course I believe that the men and women that were at Ground Zero should be treated, however, we shouldn't exaggerate and say that every person that was there that day is dying.

This has zero to do with the EVENTS of 911

It just shows the OS people (gov) don't care about human life.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Thanks Ugie for bringing this shameful act of Obama to our attention. Stars and Flag as usual for your posting. Living outside out the United States I was unaware Obama's kick in the teeth to the 911 First Responders.

To all of those readers and posters who call some of us on ATS "Truthers" I only have one thing to say. 911 Heroes are not an imagination. We all saw them on TV! They are real and so are their ailments. Fact, the 911 First Responders did what the government asked of them. These brave men and women cleaned up the mess from 911, so that, American business could go on as usual. Wall Street opened. What were these heroes’ thanks? The WTC Cough? America and American people have turned their back on the 911 First Responders. Now Obama shamefully turned his back on them when he could have made a difference to what little life they have left.

Remember this, when you think you hear the calling of the American Government or the American people for your help. Forget the stories of the Viet Nam era Vets and now, the new age vets who did not hear those of us who tried to warn future vets not to answer that call. America does not care about her heroes! Never have and never will. Sad.

To those who support Obama's health care bill, remember how Obama treated the 911 heroes - What do you think you have done in your life that was / is so special for Obama and / or the System, for them, to remember you when you ask for your human rights in medicine or as a tax payer for your paid medical rights?

It will be just another tax, this so called Obama’s Health Care Reform!

I live in the UK and we have social medical. We also have sales tax that is 17.5%. My daughter is not a homeowner, but a renter, and she has to pay council tax, which is equal to American property owners pay property tax. I call this tax "Breathing Tax". With all the taxation here in the UK your social medical health care is dependant on what your post code is as to what cancer treatment you are allowed to receive or not!

If American Heroes like the 911 First Responders are ignored like this, how is it, that you can fancy your chances for State sponsored Health Care?

If we cannot help the 911 First Responders then who is acceptable enough for the American Government/people to care enough to help medically?

Sorry for the Rant but I thought I was picked on when I could not receive my GI Benefits now I realize nobody no matter how great their sacrifices will ever receive a fair shake as it is like the American Dream - nonexistent!

Edited to try and remove anger and disappointment, I am still shocked by this and thanks again Ugie you're a good man!

What was the lines from The Who Song? "New boss same as the old boss".

[edit on 1/31/2010 by IceHappy]

new topics

top topics

join