It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIST Fire Science Head , James Quintiere , Disputes NIST Report

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
James Quintiere ,PhD , Former Chief of Fire and Science Division for National

Institute for Science and Technology (NIST) has called for an independent review

of NIST's investigation into the collapses of the World trade Centre Tower collapses

on 911.

Dr Quintiere made his plea during his presentation.

Questions on the WTC Investigations

Dr Quintiere " I wish that there would be a peer review of this".

" I think the official conclusion that NIST arrived at is questionable".

" Let's look at real alternatives that might have been the cause of the collapse of the World Trade towers and how that relates to the official cause and
what's the significance of one cause verus another"

Quintiere was present at ALL the NIST hearings and ALL Congressional Hearings as a representative for NIST.

This is huge for the Truth Movement, NIST report is the OFFICIAL STORY as

far as the collapse of the Twin Towers. For this man to question this story is

like Robin outing Batman (bad example) . The Truth Movement tries to debate

and punch holes in the OS, This will reconfirm what we have known all along,

the OS doesn't add up.

Two links provided are source of story, and his presentation QUESTIONS OF THE
WTC INVESTIGATIONS www.fpe.umd.edu...

www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Jan, 28 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
www.video.google.com...
search: 911 NIST
for a comprehensive review of the various issues with OS.

What did GWB say again:
www.youtube.com...

ah in Chess, It's called Check...

Its funny - they dont think we have a clue as to what they are up to:
video.google.com...#

and IRON MOUNTAIN has one hell of a track record. and Lindsey Williams
is handling the 86 yr old OIL Man that talks too much. Phil Grande rocking Wall Street. so who needs the stuff with TS stamps on it. it could be a huge psych operation but they are making fundamental changes - that are violating our heritage.

Now we have a law that prevents this stuff its called the Logan Act.
its attendees are of the level of say David Rockefeller and he is involved in just about every organization of banking & political leadership in this country and several others. he is a primary builderberg. his brother, JD and many other Congressman seem to be in complete collusion on actions that seem Anti American and well we the people asked about this and this the responses
www.youtube.com...
* dont you like his last words... "we are way ahead of you" ...
no body taught him that 10,000,000 people can spend minutes
that add up to centuries real fast.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

theres lots more but why beat a dead horse, I'm depressed again.

* WTC was a David Rockefeller development.
* they got insurance companies to pay off what $4.5billion on a arson job.
have your pitch forks ready, the barn is full of S*it and is stinking, get to work.

[edit on 28-1-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

How much more proof do we need to get this government to open congressional subpoena powers investigation into the events of 911?

If the American politicians think, they can just walk away from this and ignore the real facts; they are in for a rude awaking.

If 911 is not properly investigated, then (We The People) have lost our country.
Because of this event, something very negative has over came this country, the people, our country financial system, our jobs, employment, our industries, everything has been greatly effected and we will see this wonderful country destroyed by the very powers that created it.

If 911 was investigated by outsiders with subpoena powers, not only will we get the perpetrators and their co conspirators who help them cover-up this mess but we can get the people behind the scenes in congress who are only in there, to try and pass draconian laws to protect this evil cartel of politicians who have an agenda, an agenda by outside interests to wipe out the United States.
These corrupt politicians sold us out for Greed.

There is a balance of good and evil in this “dimension” and folks, we know the United States is seeing the dark side, and we have not seen anything yet.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Well thank goodness we are on ATS where most of the OS supporters around here seem to know way more than anyone who had the access, means, and time to investigate anything. While they hold up their precious OS, they will ignore all the people that detract, even if it is the people telling the OS. Nice job coming across that.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

I'm not going to go into it on any great length, but the OP might want to read that entire 24 page report.

The reason being, I think your post is a little misleading. Other than the fact that he(Mr Q) thinks there should be a "better more thorough" NIST investigation, it really does little to nothing for the so called "Truth Movement".

Even the Prison Planet article states blatantly that Mr Q doesn't believe there were any explosives used whatsoever.

Basically, Mr.Q believes NIST didn't use enough fuel, that they should have not let evidence be sold off and that the effected floors should have been reassembled. Also, that they shouldn't of relied only on computer models and that they should have done full scale tests.

Anyways, obviously it was my interpretation, I try to stay totally unbiased and this doesn't seem like a new break through for the TM. Maybe, for people looking for a new investigation, like I said.

The report is also relatively old, being done before the WTC7 NIST report was even finished, I think mid 07.

I think the Debunker's are gonna have a field day with this.

[edit on 29-1-2010 by PersonalChoice]

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
This is really grasping at straws truthers. Dr Guintiere feels that NIST should have paid more attention to "insufficient insulation of the steel truss floor members."

If you mentioned explosives and cd to him he would probably laugh in your face.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Mr. Q, was a government employee. he has witnessed what happens to people who dis-agree with the powers that be. but it doesnt matter
what he says. he is now a civilian subject to the same laws that apply to us. and whats even more important.... he has to pay for his representation now... so, if you want Mr. Q. you had better get to him before we have something else to investigate.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The story is ancient. And once again the TM mischaracterises what someone has said, or picks up on something ambiguous in their wording.

Then, assuming someone even manages to get the guy to follow up (and if he does he will laugh at you), you're already preparing the old well, obviously he can't tell the truth now, they've got at him story.

I dunno, it's been a bad few days for you guys on here. All these earth-shattering revelations, and then you scratch a little deeper and they turn out to be at best a vague, ambiguous statement, or at worst just total rubbish.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Do you guys have an article as to why/when he was fired?

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

From Dr.'s Q 2005 paper:

I contend that the NIST analysis used a fuel load that was too low and their fire durations are consequently too short. Only these short fires could then heat the bare core columns as NIST reports. The fires were too short to heat the insulated trusses to failure. The NIST analysis has flaws, is incomplete, and has led to an unsupported conclusion on the cause of the collapse.
An alternative hypothesis with the insulated trusses at the root cause appears to have more support. Heat transfer analyses, a scale model, and
the UL furnace tests all indicate that the steel trusses can attain temperatures corresponding to failure based on structural analyses. This hypothesis puts the blame on the insufficiency of the truss insulation. Something NIST says was not an issue.
The two different hypotheses lead to very different consequences with
respect to recommendations and remedial action. I think the evidence is
strong enough to take a harder look at the current conclusions. I would
recommend that all records of the investigation be archived, that the NIST
study be subject to a peer review, and that consideration be given to reopening this investigation to assure no lost fire safety issues.

That is all. No CD, no thermite, etc. etc.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

I'm not so fast to dismiss this report.

He says NIST basically was guessing using the computer simulations.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
At least he admitted building 7 was basically ignored. Maybe it is because there was no real excuse they could dream up for it to collapse demolition style.
I am about 99% sure 9/11 was one of the biggest conspiracies to start the set up of world government there ever was. People just can't believe or want to accept how evil these people are in control of our government. The the Banker bailout is somewhere in between, again another huge fraud starting a planned financial collapse. Then add in man made global warming fraud which combines economic troubles through taxation and more control and rights violation. This ALL was kicked off with 9/11.

posted on Jan, 29 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
The story is ancient.

True. Like I always say, this debate's been over since 2005. The insurgency has been holding off in hopes that this new administration will do something...anything. Now they're waiting on "discovery" motions in connection with the KSM trial. If that thing barfs up on itself as well, then look out below kids. These people have been holding back for years now. The mess will be local, regional, and national. All at once. There are tens of thousands, and the outrage hasn't diminished.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

True. Like I always say, this debate's been over since 2005. The insurgency has been holding off in hopes that this new administration will do something...anything. Now they're waiting on "discovery" motions in connection with the KSM trial. If that thing barfs up on itself as well, then look out below kids. These people have been holding back for years now. The mess will be local, regional, and national. All at once. There are tens of thousands, and the outrage hasn't diminished.

And on until Nuremberg.

But I'm not that worried. What we have to fear from a few fat boys on the internet in the mum's basements I have yet to understand. Decades of far-right supremacists in a country that positively encourages them to form militias, and they've managed nothing more than a wet weekend despite there being loads of them. You lot, I'm even less worried about.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Looks like they are al coming out to tell it was just a lie. Its hard to cover up something of this magnitude when everybody else has already been convinced of the mistakes, lies and short falls of the OS.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
Looks like they are al coming out to tell it was just a lie. Its hard to cover up something of this magnitude when everybody else has already been convinced of the mistakes, lies and short falls of the OS.

On the contrary, no one has said it was a lie.

We all just think it's a three-year-old story that doesn't have anything like the impact you think it does. And we're right.

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade

On the contrary, no one has said it was a lie.

We all just think it's a three-year-old story that doesn't have anything like the impact you think it does. And we're right.

Don't worry Trick
I won't dissapoint , I have lots more.

Converts R Us

This is just another nail in the coffin of the OS

Stay Tuned

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48
Two links provided are source of story, and his presentation QUESTIONS OF THE
WTC INVESTIGATIONS www.fpe.umd.edu...

www.prisonplanet.com...

...and these conspiracy theorists actually throw temper tantrums whenever I say they're mindlessly swallowing whatever rubbish these damned fool conspiracy web sites are churning out. This guy even admits he's getting it from one of those very conspiracy web sites.

Dr. Quintiere does NOT support any of these ridiculous conspiracy stories. What Dr. Quintiere IS saying is that his research shows there wasn't enough fireproofing on the steel to fully protect it from the fires, and he wants an investigation becuase he fears it means that NY building codes may be flawed. These damned fool conspiracy web sites are taking his report deliberately out of context to give a false impresson of impropriety, the exact same way they pervert everything else they touch.

Would you like me to post the actual report?

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

If you ever read a thread before you post your tripe,

The other link is the report........

Please read it, it says a lot more than you wrote...

posted on Jan, 31 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

If you ever read a thread before you post your tripe,

The other link is the report........

Please read it, it says a lot more than you wrote...

Dude, you need to learn when to give up while you're behind. Dr. Quintiere specifically said, AND I QUOTE:

"Dr. Quintiere then presented his and his students’ research that contradicts the NIST report and points to a different cause for the collapses; the application of insufficient fire-proofing insulation on the truss rods in the Twin Towers. “I suggest that there’s an equally justifiable theory and that’s the trusses fail as they are heated by the fire with the insulation intact. These are two different conclusions and the accountability for each is dramatically different,” he said."

Dr. Quintiere does NOT in ANY WAY support these screwy conspiracy stories floating around the internet. Rather, it says right there in black and white he thinks the collapse was due to insufficient fireproofing. If your goal is that NIST was overlooking other credible research for why the fires caused the collapse like Dr. Quintiere's, you would have had a point, but we both know that's not why you posted this. You posted this becuase you found some sexy sounding rubbish on some conspriacy web site that, unknown to you, had perverted the facts to give their conspiracy stories false credibility.

If you don't want to believe the 9/11 commission report, fine, but DON'T GO TO THESE DAMNED FOOL CONSPIRACY WEB SITES FOR YOUR INFORMATION. They are LYING to you. Why are you even still arguing against the fact?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join