It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen On Radar By Thousands Over Australia *Weird*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ahhhh... Well, that makes more sense than everyone having their own radar in their homes!

The BOM website is pretty interesting, thanks for turning me on to it!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
its the spirit of australia , bending over telling everyone to kiss its as$, lol
or, its a radar glitch ! happy stralia day , drink coopers p 62 taste fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Any strange radar sightings since this one?

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Oh god

You do know I work for the Bureau of Meteorology right?

Its a technical fault on the radar. It happens frequently

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I find the email collection in the source material fascinating. If this is a normal technical glitch, then one should be able to demonstrate that fact with other images demonstrating the same properties ... especially that lovely red star.

Somewhere on the internet it is suggested that these are results from scalar weapons employed by the Yakuza or its religious face Aum Shinrikiyo. Perhaps putting out an idea like that is more important to someone than the real deal.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
OK, I'll bite. What we could be viewing is a technological type of alien radar crop circle which shows two future target areas or devastating impact crash points.

Hell, they could even be future landing spots for Alien Mother-ships where mankind will meet Aliens and begin the loading. But then again not.

The size of the comet, meteorite or whatever type of space debris to hit that spot is as large around as the inner black circle and the rays indicate the total area of devastation. The little yellow spot in the very center of the black is ground zero.

Don't know when the blast or impact will be, but the overall pattern and shape made me feel it was a target site for a future impact or some type of happening at that exact spot. If something does happen at that spot in the future please don't assume I know anything about it because I wasn't here and I never said anything of the sort. Remember, I wasn't here.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
everyone knows its the eye of sauron, why do you think nothing ever bad happens in australia? bc they have sauron protecting them

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I find the email collection in the source material fascinating. If this is a normal technical glitch, then one should be able to demonstrate that fact with other images demonstrating the same properties ... especially that lovely red star.

Well I could show you hundreds of weird radar phenomena that i observed over the last 5 years Ive been with the Bureau, they occur at least on one radar once a week, sometimes for one sweep, sometimes for multiple sweeps.

Just because someone sees one does not mean it is something not unusual. People really should do some research on F100 and F44 weather watch radars

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oh, but why research when it's so much more fun to throw up an email or video or a website photo and let others speculate? Now, that's entertainment!

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Lol, either way I now know what this particular anomaly is called

Here's an email from the best radar tech we have in the Bureau of Meteorology

Hi Daniel

Nice to hear from you. Nice picture. There is only two techs in Australia that would be able to identify that radar fault. I am one of them.
Its is called the ring of fire fault. coined by Harvey Edwards. It was seen in Indo radars by him and me. It is caused by severe arching inside the pulse forming network of the Radar. Never seen it here before.

Cheers Peter

So there we have it....mystery solved

Edit to remove off topic banter

[edit on 26/1/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Well I could show you hundreds of weird radar phenomena that i observed over the last 5 years Ive been with the Bureau, they occur at least on one radar once a week, sometimes for one sweep, sometimes for multiple sweeps.

No, I'm not interested in that. My point is that finding record of this particular phenomena would show that it had happened before and could aid in providing context such as the type of radar used or perhaps other data that would give clues. I applaud you for contacting your mate who recognised the "ring of fire".

Just because someone sees one does not mean it is something not unusual. People really should do some research on F100 and F44 weather watch radars

For those outside of the field, I doubt such research is a high priority unless it is one's hobby of choice. What interests me most is there are some people on the great wide web who are choosing this fiery red bit of radar 'pimple' to tie in the words 'terror', 'scalar weaponry', 'Yakuza', and 'Aum Shinrikiyo'. It feels almost purposeful, and I am certain that it has less to do with radars, radar imaging, radar 'pimples' or 'rings of fire' than it does with spinning a particular 'terror signature' in the minds of those that tread this way.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Yes.

Another word for it is disinfo. It is the same as the talk about HAARP creating earthquakes. It is the same as talk about contrails being "chemtrails".

Ignorance, speculation and misunderstanding when combined with fear, becomes a weapon of terror.

[edit on 1/26/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Oh, but why research when it's so much more fun to throw up an email or video or a website photo and let others speculate? Now, that's entertainment!

I think for a lot of folk who frequent ATS as well as some of the more revered denizens that is what this all is ... entertainment. It can be a wee bit of fun, but I am far more interested in purposeful research as well as teasing out possibilities that could be tucked away in memory till it reappears again. Certainly, entertainment is part of the idea here, but I think most ATS members genuinely appreciate solid research even if it seems a time as though we are playing 'whack-a-mole' with the OP.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Ignorance, speculation and misunderstanding when combined with fear, becomes a weapon of terror.
[edit on 1/26/2010 by Phage]

No doubt that is true. It seems in this case as if at least someone wishes to capitalise on fear and a particular set of terms used to send forth a meme to infect and multiply.

posted on Jan, 26 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
No, I'm not interested in that. My point is that finding record of this particular phenomena would show that it had happened before and could aid in providing context such as the type of radar used or perhaps other data that would give clues. I applaud you for contacting your mate who recognised the "ring of fire".

Ah ok

I might try and do a little bit of digging on this particular fault. My colleague is also contracted by the Indonesian met Bureau to fix their radars, and he said thats where he first saw it. But its the first time its occured on one of our radars.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Hi Oz, as per our U2U conversation, I have forwarded this to our regional radar head. He was thinking it may be due to a TR switch fault (transmitter range) but there are a couple of other theories he is checking on (the radar somehow blinding itself etc). Are there any wind farms near the radar sites? as these will interfere with doppler radar as well.

He has sent it to our National head radar scientist as well who will have more answers of which I will post when I get them.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
As part of my job I monitor these Oz weather radar sites continuously and the phenomenon posted is really a very common one. Currently looking at a spurious radial pattern on the Tullamarine radar but I've seen it on virtually all radars from time to time and it doesn't appear to have any relation to windfarm operation. I also have the GPATS MIDS realtime lightning tracker on the workstation and I can see that Ozweatherman had a few strikes in the Woomera vicinity tonight but no, I'm not a weatherman

This weatherzone radar page shows all Oz weather radar sites at once - Darwin just started producing an annular effect to the northwest.

[edit on 27/1/2010 by Pilgrum]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

No, none at all

However that area was under influence of a category 2 tropical cyclone at the time, but I still think its severe arching thats to blame

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why is it so hard for people to believe that maybe the radar glitch isn't an actual glitch?

And for the record i think it is most likely a glitch, but i am nowhere near knowledgeable enough to say it is one thing or the other; and even if i was knowledgeable i would remain skeptical of my analysis.

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Never seen it here before.

Still waiting for you to hoax this image......?...

Are you still 'digging' or did you just forget..?......

And you say you're a meterologists..?.?...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join