It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My reasoning as to why 9/11 conspiracy believers are wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Enough of the off topic nonsence, and name calling.

You will post on topic, and without the name calling. Post bannings are next.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There are so many better reasons to think we are "nuts" than "what happened to the passengers" which I would venture to guess over 95% of "truthers" don't even believe to begin with.

You seriously need a "debunker" mentor to shepherd you through the topic...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Now the original poster shows the complete ignorance he has as to what 9/11 is all about and what really happened.
If you are going to say stuff like this then maybe you should do some research on the subject first and find out what 9/11 truth is all about and what is the hard core evidence is that goes against what the "official story" is.

Very sad indeed.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18

Originally posted by Another Vodka
reply to post by andre18

Penn and Teller? I urinate heavily on them.

Apart from the FACT that Penn and Teller are alsome, it's what a PROFESSIONAL says in the the video that i embed the vid in the first place. Go to 6:30 on the vid and be informed.

Penn and Teller are amazing ENTERTAINERS. Perhaps you did not know when they are not educating through HBO, they do an illusion/comedy act. Penn has some interesting affiliations. You should try looking into your sources more. It is amazing how many times his show has been used to debunk things linked back to the nice little think tank he belongs to. You have people who think they are smarter than you, sitting around telling each other how smart they are. Then he tells you something on cable TV and he is your source. NICE!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Instead of brainstorming and reasoning why 9/11 truthers are 'nuts,' maybe you should brainstorm and reason why there are 9/11 truthers in the first place. I for one am not to believe ridiculous conspiracy theories, but something can not come from nothing. Let me repeat that again:

Something can not come from nothing. Meaning if there is a conspiracy theory, as crazy and out there as it may be, it came from something. It has a point of origin. It's important to pay attention to conspiracy theory as they have a point of origin. Congratulations, you came to the conclusion that 9/11 truthers are nuts, in your opinion. Now, try and come to a conclusion as to why there are so many around. That's the question. Acknowledge Conspiracy theory, then find the point of origin. Just my $0.02.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ok, you've got the passengers boarding the plane, they get on the plane - the plane takes off. The plane is taken over my terrorists, the plane hits the building, all the passengers die.

Ok, so, if you believe the planes that hit the towers were not the same planes with all the passengers inside, wtf happened to all the passengers? The same goes for the pentagon and the one that crashed in the woods.

I don't understand the thinking of you people. What happened to those hundreds of people in all those planes....it's just ridiculous

Ok, how's this? The original planes were landed in a secret military base between takeoff location and the Towers. Other planes take off and the passengers (many of which are likely to be in on this - and even the pilots, perhaps...). Those unfortunates who are not involved are coerced to make cell phone calls (as the "You did a good job" whisper on one such tape at the very end suggests), and then, because you had no qualms about killing 3,000... You kill those that you have used and no loose ends.

I mean, it could easily have happened that way, since we don't have contiguous record of exactly when and where these planes were from ground to impact.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I guess according to an 2006 MSNBC poll, 67% of the population is "nuts":

Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories suggesting the U.S. government was somehow involved in 9/11? * 96893 responses

Yes: 67%

No: 27%

I'm not sure: 5.4%

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Are people who believe in the phony Gulf of Tonkin incident, Operation Northwoods and lies about "weapons of mass destruction" also "nuts"?

[edit on 1/23/2010 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Andre, I believe you are misinformed. The first cordial retort that you've received sums it up in my opinion, but trust me on one thing: you do yourself a disservice, and strip yourself of credibility by lumping all "truthers" together and saying that they and what they believe in are nuts, so nuts that you're not even going to waste time investigating it. That is pure nonsense, and leaves you completely unqualified to comment on the matter.

Regardless of whether or not you're willing to accept alternative theories doesn't really matter. Overall the alternative ideas surrounding 9/11 are thought-provoking, and you would benefit by at least seeing all sides before you unleash.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not believing the US government is hiding something from us like they did on 911 is like saying Abraham Lincoln wasn't murdered by a freemason and Martin Luther King Jr wasn't warned he'd be killed a month prior to his death by the president. The reason we know now who are the true criminals is because back then the FBI hid all the documents and still censor out information even after releasing it.

It's kind of like the whole country was punk'd. Again. Sigh.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think the OPs problem is simply that there is insufficient reasoning behind his/her reasoning.

Any sufficiently thorough investigation totally obliterates the official story. I'm only British so what the hell do I know, but didn't the 911 Commission come to the same conclusion?

People don't need huge amounts of evidence to tell them something that's just obvious.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by andre18]

You appear to sabotaging your own case with the above statement. For as well as the researched facts we 'truthers' can also rely on it being obvious we are not the ones who are nuts. To be honest I'm surprised that this is even up for debate these days on here. I thought even the most sceptical members had been one over by the research.

As for the passengers, therein lies the rub. For all I know they've been brainwashed and are currently working at a macdonalds is some underground base/city somewhere. The point is we'll never know but what we do know is that the OS is not supported by the facts.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am really glad to see this post. There were people killed and it was done by idiots in the name of their religion. They even posted onto web sites that they were going to do this. I believe that the CIA MAY have known about this before hand like they knew about 1,000 or so other potential incidence that they are tipped offf about but invariably come to nothing.

The sad thing is that actually the conspiracy theory of CIA involvement is actually twisting the real truith that we all saw with our eyes. I saw a program on 7/11 London bombing where a survivor saw the idiot in the name of Islam try to blow up the tube - they were there - they saw it.

I think the conspiracy theories is doing far more damage, with decent Moslems being encouraged to believe that there is more hatred against them, that they are being stitched up (over 50% of Moslems believe that the UK bombing had involvement from MI5; this proposes that MI5 are brilliant and not cash strapped like the rest of the UK!!).

So what? - so decent Moslems don't believe it is one of them, which means that a) they get nore angry at the west for stitvching them up and b) They don't have to take any responsibility; they don't have to look at what is being taught to see how it is justified for killing people.

I am a fundamental agnostic, I do believe that Islam and Christianity can sit really well alongside each other, it has done in many cities and countries for thousand or so years. Forget what the Koran or the Bible says, Islam is about respecting other religions, otherwise cities like Jerusalem & Istanbul would not have survived.

The big problem we really have now that is THE INTERNET; where anyone with an opinion can put their half truiths without any recourse. We should be talking to each other more and understanding, we are not really different.

I also believe that we should put Okhams theory for 9/11- what is the likeliest event is the real one:- there are a small number of twisted people who will kill anyoine in the name of their religion.

One last thought, interesting how all the major religions believe in "Thou Shalt not kill" but all have armies

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The people on the planes died obviously....

What's so hard to understand about the conspiracy?

I think people who blindly look past the evidence that 911 was an inside job are the ones that are nuts.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Andre18 - you are a kindred spirit - you get my vote.

We must all seek the truith, not the version of events that makes us the most comfortable

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
He makes arrogant claims backed by irrational reasoning and then tells everyone that he wont "waste" his time researching the facts.....
He's just here to cause a ruckus...its quite obvious.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers
The invesitgations of 9-11 have lead us to believe that this is indeed true, what happened to the passengers? who knows, we just follow evidence.

You know what I think? That people who believe the hole in the pentagon was caused by a plane are nuts. And peopel that believe in the official story (which might I add has been changed quite alot) are even more stupid.

Arg.. What if I were to say I had two friends stationed there that helped clean up bodies and was on the emergency rec team? If that was a missle that hit the pentagon, then the missle was stuffed full of people.

[edit on 23-1-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I think anybody who will not even question their own beliefs is dangerous.

Unlike those who flatly refuse that 911 could have been orchestrated by people higher up the food chain than a few angry Arabs, at least "Truthers" seem to be willing to admit they don't know it all.

I have always been taught to NEVER trust people who claim to "know it all" So by definition "Deniers" are less trustworthy than "Truthers"

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Believing all people who question the events of 9/11 believe in the same "theory" is nuts.

I may get my chops busted for this but the whole opening was low-leveling trolling. There's no point in even discussing it. It was just to get people upset and then further belittle them. There's no point in even having this conversation.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

So in order for you to consider 9/11 a conspiracy there needs to be plane crash survivors or evidence that they did not die?
I mean come on guys what happened to all those people that were suppose to be on those planes? Where are they? WEll i just dont know Bob.

Usually when i kidnap people i try to keep it secret so nobody finds out and you don't get in trouble.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
"The bigger the lie, the more people will believe it."

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

-Joseph Goebbels

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join