It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H1N1 Vaccine Mucus Egg Odor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
About a month ago I went on vacation to Mexico with my family. However, before going I got vaccinated for H1N1 just in case. I remember the nurse asking me if I was allergic to poultry or eggs before she gave me the shot. She told me that they act as preservatives or something.

Several hours later I developed side-effects from the vaccine, including a nonstop runny nose. This was probably due to the fact that I already had a cold prior to getting the shot. I remember noticing that my mucus was unusually hot, and that there was an egg odor to it.

I have since then recovered from all illnesses/side-effects, and have been healthy for weeks. However, every time I blow my nose to this day I can still smell that egg odor.

What chemical compound is it specifically, what does it do, and how long does it last?

[edit on 1/13/2010 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The vaccine is cultured in an egg embryo, I believe.
Otherwise, why is this thread in the board and business forum?

Assuming that the thread will be moved to another forum, I would also question why you would continue to smell eggs well after the fact.

It seems odd. I think perhaps you should also question what precisely is in the egg embryo that it is cultured in... meaning, what chemicals in the embryo are powerful enough to overpower your body's circulatory system enough so that it remains there to this day...

And are those chemicals linked to cancer.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Couldn't tell you the chemical compound, only my experience with the seasonal flu vaccine. I used to have to get them, mandated of course, while in the military.

Same questions were asked regarding allergies. Since we were given the flu-mist crap there usually was a mild and brief egg smell then a more metallic taste in the back of your throat where you would get some drainage.

Now, the only thing I can think of is if you did have a cold prior and you got the flu-mist (not the shot) there is a possibility that some flu cultures remained in your sinuses and mucus because of the cold you had. Thus a occurrence of the smell stayed as all the vaccine didn't make it to it's destination. If that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Thanks for your input, and it makes sense. But I got the shot not the mist. This was the first time in my life that I've been vaccinated for any flu virus. I'm glad to hear that others like you have experienced the odor, even if the odor is present in ordinary seasonal vaccinations. It is strange how the odor lasts so long though even with the shot...

[edit on 1/13/2010 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nightmarehalo

In regards to you getting the shot, maybe you have a slight allergic reaction to something in the flu vaccine. It wouldn't hurt to remember this if you do get it again next year so you can let your doc know your concerns and maybe they could help get you some answers.

EDIT: Being no doctor I am unsure how the flu shot propagates throughout the body. My guess is via the blood stream, but will eventually make it to your lungs as that is where the flu resides. I guess if the cultures make it there and you are still congested you could experience the smell of eggs.....only an un-medical guess

[edit on 13-1-2010 by ownbestenemy]

top topics

join