It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot enclave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
These guys say they have discovered the secrets of getting close to bigfeet(?).They say the have video of entire clan of them.

Sylvanic Bigfoot, What’s The Story?

For the past 2-3 years I’ve been hearing about this “Sylvanic Bigfoot” project which is spearheaded by Todd Standing. Todd Standing is a columnist for Unexplained-Mysteries.com and a Bigfoot researcher. He’s made quite a lot of headlines in the Bigfoot community by coming forward with video “proof” of these bipedal, ape-like creatures that he has filmed in recent expeditions. It doesn’t just end there, he also claims to know a secret location called “Sylvanic” (According to Todd, this is the name given by the “native” people) said to be a hidden valley nestled deep into the American Rockies.

Todd and his team have released several teaser videos as proof and claim that they are keeping the location secret in order to protect the newly found creatures. Their website sylvanic.com has very limited information as to who the team is and what it is they actually found. Here is a preview of a documentary that they have been working on.

This is a cool video

Our goal is to carefully gather as much information about this species while adhering to our first priority, which is to ensure we do not compromise the research site in any way. This species has zero tolerance for any sustained human presence. When a habitat is compromised, not only do we lose a valuable research site, these animals lose their home. Loss of a habitat means loss of life. Our priority now and always will be the welfare of this species. If we feel our work in any way leads to the detriment of these animals our work will stop immediately.

This is new info to me.I wanted to post for your consideration.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

[edit on 5-1-2010 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I see a grizzly in the only so called "proof" footage they provide. His whole story about how he "can't" release certain information is ludicrous. He doesn't have any. I;ve seen the track casts and every last one looks faked to me. Until I see one either a) in a cage, or b) stuffed and mounted I'm not going to believe in bigfoot.
Look at it this way, what would a creature that large eat? Gorillas survive on plant food which grows plentifully in the jungles but not in the rocky mountains. If they're dental structure is anything like gorillas there simply isn't enough food available to sustain them year round.
Also, why doen'st anyone have any droppings from these animals or do they pick that up like their dead?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The Bigfoot issue is a complicated one. Most of the scientific community will only acknowledge the existence of bigfoot if a corpse is found or one is being killed for further inspection and research. Yet this creature is most likely very rare and humans shouldn't interfere in their natural habitat or do any harm to this wonderful and seemingly highly intelligent being.

I hope the location stays classified and the researchers take great care, it's better not to disturb them too often, and hopefully they have an extensive and well planned research program for identifying and protecting this fellow man-monkey-bear.

I do believe in its existence, well for me it has become a fact after reading hundreds of credible eyewitness reports (the bfro site is very recommendable). Even though I didn't have an encounter myself, I will surely spend some time in the near future somewhere in British Columbia, hoping for a wood knocking drum solo.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm afraid we're going to have to kill one to save the rest of them....

Body/skeleton or they do not exist.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Although I am open to the possibility of a Bigfoot species of primates, you have to admit this is not very good footage at all.

The one where the brown hairy thing simply bends over...well..that could easily be faked. So I would not put any weight to it for now.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
In my opinion stuff like this is more harmful to bigfoot research than helpful. If you have a population in an isolated environment I could totally understand being reticent about shouting it from the mountaintop and opening it up to everyone and their brother. What this is really doing thoigh is just adding your name to a long and infamous list of people like Mary Green and Tom Biscardi. If you have proof then you show it. no teaser clips or advanced promotional material because you just come off as a PT Barnum Vince McMahon carnival barker good intentions or otherwise.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Well this one is a toss up. Like before mentioned it very well could be faked with easy. The video is suspicious to say the least. I mean so something big and hairy bends over. Well that could be several known species. This journalist seems very sincere but his videos are more vague then need be. I agree that if they have located a large population (large being more than two because most sightings are of only one) then they should keep the exact location classified. The third video is nothing more than a cheap diagram at best. It shows nothing that would credit their cause. Then comes the real kicker. This group of individuals which their main concern with their study is to protect the species is asking for money to download a video. IMO they have not shown me enough to believe they have anything. I believe in Bigfoot but I do not believe they have him. I will definitely keep an eye on this one but I just don't know. Like i said if they have it and they want to protect the species they need to get the evidence, all the evidence, to the authorities that can do something about it. Maybe what we really need is a provisional protection act. Where a "unknown" species that is reported to exist several times is given a window of discovery. Basically give the animal X amount of time of protection for the purpose of documentation and afterwards it is fair game. If no tangible proof is produced well times up and the gloves are off.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If its scientific, then I can be duplicated. Seems like they would have made more than one sighting, if they knew the secret of getting that close. I woulnd' stop at just one. I would document dozens of creatures in different areas, not replay one sighting a dozen times.
I would like more, less blurry pics.
If BF is so wiley that it requires taxing you patience and your endurance, plus years of getting to know them, I don't think they will be exterminated if proven to be real. That argument isn't logical to me.

[edit on 1/6/2010 by zachi]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
why do we have to kill the animal to prove its existence why can't we just film them or sedate one or two and then study them.
for all we know they are highly intelligent creatures and they see us as a destructive force in nature hence the hiding and limited contact with humans, contact only being made in the form of the occasional "sighting" this creature we have to assume has been here longer than us so where do we get off controlling their lives? humans need to learn to live and let live and stop living life afraid of the unknown things have been happening a certain way on this planet long before we came along then we decide that the way we wanna run things is better if its not broke don't fix it. but humans like to break things just to say they fixed it we can be pretty selfish , we destroy other species we don't know or fear just to say we helped bring them back from the brink of destruction just so we feel powerful we destroy to learn we deconstruct to rebuild. and yet we see nothing wrong with the things we do i hope bigfoot is real and i hope they help us open up our eyes when we do find them.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
The mere fact that people here on ATS would actually like to see one "stuffed" in order to believe that they actually exist confirms the fact that people are willing to kill them as they've done with every other animal species in the past.

Personally I feel that that is exactly why Bigfoot is so reclusive.

They've seen and heard hunters with rifles bring down bear, moose, elk and deer and know the power of our weapons. I mean, you can hear a gun shot for miles , especially in the wild.

That in itself is partly how they can avoid us and that is by simply by listening for all of the noise we make with our firearms, our loud talking as well as our powered vehicles.

In fact, this is what the Indians used to fight against the Europeans and what the American Colonists later successfully used against the British.

The Native Americans have had a long history with Bigfoot and as with all creatures of the forest they cohabitate with them and not against them.

This footage does show the back of a huge animal and not a bear crouching to enter a cave, which must be the enclave in which they describe.

A Bear, who normally walks on 4 legs and not two, wouldnt require to stoop to enter. A Bear would climb on all fours and just walk right in.

I'm certain that they're keeping this location a secret to prevent revealing too much about the location in order to protect the location from the public.Specifically those of the public with rifles, beer and 4X4 pickup trucks who would more than like to be the first add a Bigfoot trophy to their collection and post it on the internet for all of the skeptics out there to see to believe.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
If you want a better feel for this guy, he did an hour and a half interview on blogtalk radio with CampfireShadows, Jan. 6. Sometimes he sounds very sincere and sometimes he sound like an egotistic.
He seems to believe that they are very loyal to each other and probably would attack anyone who injured one. Also thinks they take care of their dead. Give it a listen and see what you think.

[edit on 1/7/2010 by zachi]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
That take care of their dead thing has been bandied about by every researcher and their twin cousin's uncle as a cheap way of explaining why no body has been recovered.

I spend an inordinate amount of time hiking off trail and I think I have seen a deer carcass like twice in ten years and we have a crazy deer propulation of something like 2 deer per acre here.

The truth it, all jokes about taxidermy aside, the most likely sceanario where this creature will be accepted and, if need be, protected is if someone brings in body.

I have always wondered why we are so quick to assume that a creature that has not even been proven to exist automatically needs federal protection. If it is out there then there have been a crazy amount of sighting which indicates there may be a helthy poulation and, when you combine that with the fact they seem so well versed in not being seen, the likelyhood that they would need protection from hunters seems rather silly.

Protection from the government or people further encroching on their habitat would be an issue though for sure.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This set of videos is on par with the Patterson video. Is it defendant proof of Bigfoot. No , still issues to be resolved in my opinion, but this is very interesting. Paid my 5 bucks to watch the 3 video. And it is even better than the free stuff. Could be a man in a suit (have to be very athletic, The terrain is a mountain side.) or maybe a feral ape ( big snakes in Florida are a growing problem which is another story by itself) . What it is not is a bear or cat. (The #2 vid could be a bear) I think that if the Bigfoot legends are true, You are going to find out in the next 10 years. (Our technology to hunt these animals and the understanding of them is growing day by day and it just a matter of time before someone provides absolute proof of this species. When this happens it is going to change the way people think. (Neanderthal predation theory may have some truth in it.) As a human, it is easy to believe that a alien life form evolved on a planet, 30 light yrs away, enough to make a craft capable of coming to earth and studying humans. ( we have been program by science fiction for a long time now) But to have a unknown apex predator evolve with the human race and be virtually unknown to society at this stage in our history is a very hard thing to grasp in your head.
Just my 2 cents!

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
DNA evidence has already been found to show there is an unknown ape in north america. But "science" wont make the leap of saying bigfoot lives until one is dead and recovered.

posted on Jan, 17 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Looks like this guys has been identified as a hoaxer: www.bigfootforums.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'm afraid we're going to have to kill one to save the rest of them....

Body/skeleton or they do not exist.

Im Sorry I dont see the lodgic in this statement, they have already been safe all this time with out nut job's trying to kill them.

If they have been living in peace for all this time who are we to change that!!!!

Reminds me of the movie Avatar, Any body that kills one should go to jail for a long time in deed......

Blessed Be: Kernoonos.....

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Indians seem to almost all believe Bigfoot is a non-physical creature. Some indian tribes mention that they have seen the creature transform into a wolf. Others think that the creatures lives in another dimension from the physical plane, but can come here as it wishes. Indians also belive Bigfoot has great psychic abilities, reports of sightings show the creature can be visible to some people, while at the same time remain invisible to others in the same group. I agree with the Indians.

There are many reports from non-indians who saw the creature after a UFO sighting. And others that have searched for, and researched bigfoot for years are coming to the conclusion that the creature is a spirtual being, because he can appear or disappear at will.

Great Lakes Indians mention that if one is walking in the woods and you hear the sound of a stick being hit against a hollow log or tree, beware, for this area is Sasquatch territory. This seems to be a interesting thing to note, because other non-indians have even reported this. People have reported that sometimes the stick hitting is loud or thud like, like a large log is being hit against a tree, or othertimes it is more like a small stick is being hit against a tree. Some Bigfoot researchers have reported sightings and/or hearing bigfoot sounds, after they entered known bigfoot areas and started hitting a stick against a tree, then they would pause, and often they would hear something almost answering back, by stick hitting.

Besides the stick hitting, the other well documented fact many bigfoot encounters is rock throwing. Researchers have had stones thown at them, and at their vehicles. Numerous reports have been made of people living in bigfoot hot spots, of having stones thrown on their roofs and against their homes and cabins.

The creatures episodes of hitting sticks and rock throwing may be the best connection here to the spirtual. If you research paranormal cases involving 'poltergeist' incidents. You will soon realize that many of the cases involve the throwing or dropping of stones against houses, and on the roofs of the homes where the poltergeist attacks are occurring. In many of the poltergeist cases, the stones being dropped and thrown were the beginning of the infestation, or encounter, just like in the bigfoot encounters.

Bigfoot/Sasquatch exists but will never be "caught" by man, they are of another dimension and for whatever reason visit ours from time to time. Maybe they just come here to use the toilet.

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Bombeni]

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The premiere episode of NatGeo's new "American Paranormal" was on big foot and is getting rave reviews -- haven't seen it yet --- here's a blog on it with excerpts:

blogsquatcher.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew hempel
The premiere episode of NatGeo's new "American Paranormal" was on big foot and is getting rave reviews -- haven't seen it yet --- here's a blog on it with excerpts:

blogsquatcher.blogspot.com...

I watched it and it was very good. Very scientific approach. Basically it proves the Patterson film is 100% REAL, and that the creature in the film was between 7.5 and 8 feet tall. The arms were longer in proportion to that which is possible for a human. They also talked about various hair samples that have been recovered and they were compared to other wild life (bears, deer, beavers, etc). The results were that the hair samples analyzed did not match any known wild life and that the closest match to it was a species of monkey. If that is not conclusive enough for people they are just in denial, like with a lot of things.

From the link you posted, good summary:

"The show focused on the work done by Bill Munns and Dr. Meldrum. It made the point that hair samples return as "unknown primate," and that the Patterson/Gimlin film shows a figure that simply could not be a human in a suit because of body proportions, musculature, and size. It's the best presentation I've seen of this evidence, and it was very well done. You have to watch it."

[edit on 27-1-2010 by Unplugged]

join