It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict adorns a Knights Templar Cross for New Years Day Address???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe this is nothing new but I had never seen it before. Today, Pope Benedict displayed the Knights Templar Cross on his robe. I have seen many Pope images and had never seen this before.. This is the standard symbol in most pics.
www.orbitcast.com...
www.bushywood.com...
filipspagnoli.files.wordpress.com...

Here is what the Pope wore today.
2012istheend.com...
www.reuters.com...

Anything interesting here or is the first time I noticed the Church adorning the Knights Templar Cross?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I didn't notice anything in the second picture and the first one didn't load.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me one bit!

Especially after reading about the "Jesuit New World Order"! (It's all coming together.)

www.fossilizedcustoms.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Good catch. That is very strange

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
HE IS VERY STRANGE!

At the very least he's demented.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
No, the Templar cross was different, though there were a few different versions.

Looks like a red cross with a shepherds crook overlaid on it.

While red, the Templar cross had more of a wedge shape to each piece.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No, the Nights Templar cross was different, as you can see here .

The cross on the Pope Benedict's pallium is red instead of the green that was used before him, but it looks too much like the cross used by the Freemasonry in the Swedish Rite.

Apparently, he has been using that pallium since he became Pope.

Edit: although I say it looks like the Swedish Rite's Freemasonry cross, that doesn't mean that I think that it's related to that, just that they look alike.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Looks like a match with a knights Templar cross, to me.
He may be just showing his German heritage, that with promoting the sainthood of the former pope who officiated during Hitler's Nazi regime.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4ce74f79f5ee.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Do you people just look for things to make stories up about?

Have you never heard of the "Maltese Cross?" The Crusades?

The Cross of St. John?

No wonder we're in the state we are with a populace that can cite imaginary cults but has no concept of history.

Get a grip. Go back to Nintendo.

jw

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

No wonder we're in the state we are with a populace that can cite imaginary cults but has no concept of history.

Thank you for bringing sanity to an otherwise ludicrous thread.
Peace.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
to the guy who mentioned the maltese cross sorry to tell you but it is you who does not know his history as that the maltese cross is the the emblem of the Knights Hospitalier who after the Templars were persecuted for worship of the Idol Bathomet (sp) or as they called it the Devil many Templars sided with the Knights Hospitalier for protection so for the OP of this thread might i say that yes, good find that is indeed a "Templar" Cross however im very wary of the Holy See anyway so this doesn't really effect my opinion of them.
EDIT: but to be clear saying that is the Templar Cross is like saying the cross on the British Sovereigns Orb is the Templar Cross while they look similar im sure there's no connection
oh and the Hospitalier or Knights of Malta are supposedly "good" so he's fine wearing it as long as he claims it's from them and not the Knights Templar.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by xtopsecretx]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The important thing to consider is, the word Knight.
Does that have any special significance to you?
How about war? See any connection?
Just wondering. I mean, do you see the word knight and it makes you think; club goer, attending quaint meetings to discuss esoterica?

You should wonder, Why is the Pope getting ready for war, and who exactly is he going to war against? Could it be those nasty heretics who call themselves Protestants?
Just saying, like old Rush Limbaugh, Words mean things.

[edit on 3-1-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60
I just watched a youtube series, given sometime while the pope was still top man of Inquisition .
www.youtube.com...
The Secret Behind Secret Societies
What the Jesuits can't stamp out directly of reformation, they infiltrate and redirect.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
You should wonder, Why is the Pope getting ready for war, and who exactly is he going to war against?
I wonder where did you get that idea, considering the Pope is using the the same symbols as the other Popes before him used, except he changed the green crosses to red.

Is that what makes you think of war?

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

If you look at the outline of the cross that he was wearing earlier, it has straight lines.
The new cross has concave lines as the outlines of the arms of the cross, to where it has a flair at the ends.
I don't know the secrets of the significance of particular designs of crosses, but the corners of Knight's crosses seen to be especially pointed as if to be representative of a weapon.
That's just how it looks to me.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cfcc6f5db90.jpg[/atsimg]
If you imagine it slightly modified, as a war instrument.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The "new" cross does not have concave sides, although it may look like that on the photo from the Opening Post.

But as this photo shows, that cross has straight sides and it's not new, the file change date for that photo is 2008:10:12 12:27:08.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a good example of how things may look to someone that is not accustomed to them.

This is the coat of arms of Benedict XVI

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/4ee1da94d7e140a0.jpg[/atsimg]

If we look at it carefully and notice all its elements, we may start to create an idea about what's behind those symbols.

Now, if we read here what they mean we can see that they probably have a meaning completely different from the one we were creating.

Or maybe not.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't know about all that, really.
Like I said, I am not in on any secrets about crosses.
There is one cross, the crooked cross of Hitler, where it was made plain what it meant, which was a movement of the arms to encircle the square, until it is all filled in. This is a military strategy map of sorts.
When you have a cross where the points are just about touching the corners of the square, it is another form of encroachment to where it looks like one final blitz, and the game is up, it is a little worrisome to me.
If anyone wants to just think there is no meaning to symbolism, then that's your choice but to me it is letting people know what they have planned. That is one of the little things that are very important to the followers of Lucifer, which is telling your victim what you are going to do to them, ahead of time.

[edit on 4-1-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The Papacy/Vatican has rendered itself less relevant these days

than Hopalong Cassidy

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

That last picture looked more like a Maltese Cross to me, which most believe to have predated Christianity. I assume the Vatican's argument might be, "A cross is a cross is a cross is a cross."

However, I will point out that the Maltese Cross was frequently seen on the uniforms of Nazi officers.

...just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join