It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any of you use Mac?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just wondering if any of you use Mac? What do you think of the Mac?

I have a couple and I enjoy them greatly. Very elegantly designed computers. Very easy to use operating system and a secure system. Very good for everyday tasks and for video, audio and other multimedia stuff.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
i work on macs at work. theyr shiny,the design and idea is just great. the expose feature is one of the greatest inventions lol.
and its fast,it was basen on linux bsd or something?
but its a closed operation system...like u see all the girls being around the guy with the new macbook...cmon give me a brake XD its closed system,u cant customize or change alot of stuff. u cant get a decent ad block on the internet.
snow leopard i heard is the fastest os yet.
its a great os, theyr stuff are quality and all,but ITS SO EXPENSIVE.
im not cool with the prices. better get a custom build cool system, and stop being one of those ""my ipod,my ipod,my ipod"" fan boys wtf XD

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I've owned 'em ever since 1984.
I've used them as servers and video editors.
The only windows machines I use are at work and that's for only limited use.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
One thing I can't stand about Mac users is their smugness!

It's a computer! - this thing (my desktop) could of been pulled out of a skip, it runs 3 OS's and works!!! Does what I make it do, end of. - I've used Mac's I think for most people they are a novelty, a bit like keeping up with the Joneses at No. 24 - my comp case right now has rings from a coffee cup and and ashtray on it, I'm resting my knee on it, it's constantly been opened and closed up - I doubt any Mac in existence would be treated the same... You spend that much on a pearly white thing you may as well encase it in glass!

edit - there/their foopar

[edit on 29/12/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I use a white macbook. I love it, I like the OS better than I would never bother running Leopard (or Snow Leopard, now) on any other brand of laptop. That would be silly. And yes, mine doesn't look perfect anymore, but it's still a cutie.

And Apple service is really good. They've replaced my charger for me and my top case for zero charge. I replaced my battery but it had over 300 cycles, which is the basic life expectancy for the batteries for the laptop I have.

Planning to get another Mac in about a year and a half.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I've owned a macbook pro for about 4 years now. I have slammed this thing off of cement twice, spilled a soda on its keyboard, and tore the screen. The screen and keyboard were fixed for free with apple care, and even though the body is badly damaged from the falls, it still works like a champ. It looks like crap, but I love it.

I just bought the new iMac. Its a great machine. I use it for editing music, video, and photography. The OS can't be beat.

I look at computers like I look at cars. I buy only Honda's because I've never had one die under 300k miles. They are more expensive, but they just do the job. Same goes with my Mac's. All my PC's have had serious lack of performance after a year, but the Apple's just keep chugging along. I don't want to worry about anti-virus updates and all that nonsense, so I buy mac.

What's really getting old is the whole notion of the "fanboy." Yes, my computer is more expensive than yours. Its also prettier. Those two phrases are facts. Just because I have bias (and rightfully so) does not make me bourgeois or trendy.

I bought a Netbook for writing. Its cool, and it does its job, but the only reason I bought it was because it was so darn cheap.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
just to inject a nice dose of poison for the mac fanboys couse im sick of all the "my ipod my ipod XD""
macs are BETTER for work,PCs are better for home,gaming,watching movies,entarteinment.
and do you guis like to give 5000$ more just couse u cant install threadfire,firefox+adlock and the drivers cd that came with your pc,is THAT SO HARD xaxa XD
i cant get cool parts for a mac,for my pc i can get all kinds of videocards,motherboards,processor units,its so cool,like customising it to be the best,using cool metal cases,custom fans. no woman can let you change her that much XD
where the ^##^is the defrag utility on a mac?
the only reason a pc degrades perfomance is because you guis dont clean your trash files,dont check for spyware,dont care to unninstal and maintain it.
you done even open to clean the dust,u better shelf 50$ for some profffffesional to clean it right?
but when u get an expensive underpowered mac u praise it..cmon dont be so blind!
macs are cool but....not as a cool as a cool pc

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Mac's proprietary file system is one which "defrags" itself on an ongoing basis. It doesn't need all the garbage applications used for spyware, firewall, viruses, etc.

I don't know about you, but I most certainly have upgraded old mac systems with new parts.

Expensive, oh yes. Underpowered? Hardly. I am running an 8-Core with 8 gigs of Ram. The new Nehalem processor will also be a nice addition.

Entertainment comes pretty standard when you have a 24 inch cinema display built into your computer.

I used to hate on Macs too, until my professor indicated that my life in music would be much easier with one. Now, I'll never go back. I'm not computer illiterate, and I can operate any OS just fine, but Snow Leopard is so nicely integrated with my life at this point, why would I change it?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I had a macbook for a day a couple of months ago, the os was cool, for the amount of time I spent on it, and it is really good looking, but for the amount I paid and the screen on it was just disgusting! laptops have a bad reputation for viewing angles, but the mac was the worst I ever come across! washed out color's on the top and bottom of the screen, no matter how you angled it, so I took it back and got a refund.

I would have one again if I knew the screen was sweet, and more importantly the price lowered, can't see that happening though

posted on Jan, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I was a PC guy for a long time, until I got a Mac laptop to use at work.
Can't say I'd ever go back. It's just too nice not dealing with viruses or malware....

top topics

join