It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Mitt Romney Will NEVER Be President.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Alot of conservatives think Romney would be a great candidate in 2012 but I don't and this is one reason why he will never be POTUS.
www.freerepublic.com...

Unless he admits he effed up by signing this debacle and rejects any socialized medicine AND signs it in blood. He will NEVER be POTUS

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Ah, the infighting for 2012 has already begun. Romney is a problem solver. The US NEEDS Romney. Best of all the candidates, BOTH SIDES. The GOP better get it's act together.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Romney looks presidential, acts presidential and would make ahell of a better POTUS than BHO that being siad.
Romney has baggage. The abortion fliparoo and then this Romneycare debacle is identical to the current prison rape they are trying to make law now.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

This "baggage" you are referring to comes from not having both feet planted firmly on one side of the aisle. I would hope that a thinking voter from both sides would applaud someone for that. Thus vote for him.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't want Mitt Romney as President. I just read about him on the issues (www.ontheissues.org...). And it turns out he wants to overturn Roe Versus Wade. I'm sorry but that's not what we need right now. We don't need one of those conservative types in office.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

AAAND this train of thought is how we ended up with John McCain, look how well THAT turned out.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv
AAAND this train of thought is how we ended up with John McCain, look how well THAT turned out.

You mean the same McCain that was seen as the savior of the GOP before the election and accused of being a liberal after? McCain was a joke. Palin was a sacrificial joke. Romney isn't a joke. If the GOP wants to elevate itself to the WH anytime soon they are going to have to stop the infighting. Learn compromise within itself and do it NOW!!!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
i was wondering when i read your title ,,, if it was gonna be about his healthcare hiccup

sure enuff

also,,,, no matter what his beliefs or convictions,,,,,

i will never forget him and guiliani,,, scoffing and snickering at ron paul's stances in the debate,,,,, about foreign policy, blowback,,, and most important liberty

for that i will forever be biased,,, sorry just human nature i suppose

i still can't see why people will decide against or for politicians on the abortion issue,,,,,, it's the least of our problems and an issue no one will ever bring up or attempt to change

edit--P.S. john mcCain was a piece of junk from the get-go,,,, how he ended up with the nomination,,,, i'll never know
romney i thought would win it,,, having the least ghosts in the closet,,, and as said earlier -- the look and decorum of a potential prez

thank god we,, peope finally saw the truth ,,, who guiliani really is

[edit on 27-12-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
i still can't see why people will decide against or for politicians on the abortion issue,,,,,, it's the least of our problems and an issue no one will ever bring up or attempt to change

The president can't change a SC decision. Only the SC can. Moot point really. It's a wonder why people focus on this.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Its the fact that he flip flopped on it a couple times. Not the issue itself I was reffering to.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Exactly

I would much rather have a President in office that has a few problems out in the open, then one that appears to have none until they get elected.

Romney was and is the best choice for President.

I'm just not real sure he is even interested now that the country is as screwed up as it is now.

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   

A President can open up the SC to make a decision on the issue. Conservative Republicans have made lots of headway in limiting abortion rights. It's a big issue to me. I would rather them leave it alone.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

So the fact the he probably would have voted yes for Obamacare were he a senator has no sway with your opinion?
I mean for Kennedy's sake right?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

How exactly does the President "Open Up" the Supreme Court?

In all my years following politics, that is one I have never heard of.

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are only two politicians in the entire country that should be elected again to anything..

Sara Palin and Ron Paul

The rest of them are just liars, cheats, and thieves...

All of them need to be thrown out and a few need to be tried for treason.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

He also will not become President because of this

www.youtube.com...

Well done you prat!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Presidents can appoint supreme court nominees who are pro or con an issue to try to get an issue changed. For example, Republican Presidents are well known to appoint pro-life nominees to the Supreme Court as they have widdled away the right to choose.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

As the Justices are appointed for life, that mitigates your point.

Unless you expect the President to assassinate one, there is no guarantee one will be appointed in their tenure.

That is why supporting a candidate for a single issue is foolish at best.

Semper

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

*sigh*
white people should really stop trying to be hip-hop.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Looks like a man of the people to me. But I guess it boils down to perception. You dislike someone and you WILL find ways to back up your perception.

<<   2  3 >>

join