It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC now Admits Al Qaeda Never Existed!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by The Blind Eye

I believe the clip is part of a film called "the power of nightmares"

www.youtube.com...

Watch the whole thing if you can,its very informative.Trouble is this was not reported by the BBC news channel,rather it aired once only,late one night-while the BBC news channel continued its finley honed psychological assault on the population with its usual "OMG AQ will come and kill us all!!" routine.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Al Qaida means, "the base"

Said whom?

Everyone, including the guy who posted that video on Youtube.

and in an interview on Al Jazeera on Oct 2001 Bin Laden himself says his group got its name years ago during the was against the Soviets, where they'd call their mujahadeen training camp, "the base" and the name stuck.

Source Please?

Go back and reread the post I made. I already posted a link to the transcript of an Al Jazeera interview in October 2001 where Bin Laden himself said this.

No, they proved it was conjured up by the FBI, watch the video again.

Incorrect. There isn't any "they", it was from the one journalist, and he didn't "prove" anything, it was just a statement of how the US classified al Qaida as an professional organization in order to charge Bin Laden. Nowhere does it say Al Qaida didn't exist AT ALL. Bin Laden himself said that Al Qaida existed as an organization for years before 9/11, so his is the position I am going by.

It's still a dangerous organization, it's just an organization laid out differently from what people think it is.

That is your opinion.

Dude, YOUR OWN VIDEO stated that the threat of hordes of irate young fanatics throughout the Muslim world is a threat that cannot be ignored. Look at the last twenty seconds of the video and you'll hear the journalist say that himself. It can hardly be "my opinion" when it's "the opinion" of the guy you're quoting. If you're quoting it then it should be your opinion too.

...and may I ask just how this has anythign to do with "inside job" plots, other than innuendo dropping on your part? Nowhere in the video does it make any comment on that one way or the other.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Hi friend,

Just logged in to flag, and star all your posts...

Like I said before, you are doing a great job exposing the truth about 9-11, but I think you must know by now that there are alot of disinfo agents and paid bloggers that you are going up against...

It's quite obvious to me...

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

Incorrect. There isn't any "they

That is your opinion, and my opinion says you are wrong.

You need to watch the video again and stop spinning the hard facts.
In your desperate attempts of trying to discredit me you have only make yourself look bad.

Look at the last twenty seconds of the video and you'll hear the journalist say that himself. It can hardly be "my opinion" when it's "the opinion" of the guy you're quoting. If you're quoting it then it should be your opinion too.

To bad your OS is only your opinion.

...and may I ask just how this has anythign to do with "inside job" plots, other than innuendo dropping on your part? Nowhere in the video does it make any comment on that one way or the other.

My opinion is 911 was an inside job, prove it was not?

[edit on 27-12-2009 by impressme]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The South African Lara Logan was just on CBS' "60 Minutes" pimping "AQ terror" and an "ex-CIA operative:"

www.cbsnews.com... Popular+Stories%3A+CBSNews.com%29

Sourcewatch is always a fairly good place to check IMHO:

www.sourcewatch.org...

Here is some more interesting "AQ" related reading (I've been hearing a lot more about "Al Qaeda" in the US news lately it seems- OOGA BOOGA!!):

CIA-ISI Created “Al Qaeda Network”, Blamed for Pakistan Troubles
www.globalresearch.ca...

Source: CIA hired Blackwater to help hunt al Qaeda leaders
www.cnn.com...

Swindler 'duped CIA in al-Qaeda TV scam'
news.ninemsn.com.au...

Con man convinced Homeland Security he could decode al-Qaeda messages
www.nationalpost.com...

Spies, Lies and the White House
Buried in a Senate report, new revelations about pre-war deception
www.newsweek.com...

www.nationalpost.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Go back and reread the post I made. I already posted a link to the transcript of an Al Jazeera interview in October 2001 where Bin Laden himself said this.

Transcript of Bin Laden's October interview

archives.cnn.com...

I read your information and clearly, the FBI are lying again. Your article does not post any “sources or facts” These are lies and no I don’t have to prove it either because, I found the original articles of what OBL said about 911 and you are posting disinformation again.

[size= 4]Bin Laden: AUTHENTIC INTERVIEW
by Carol A. Valentine
Curator, Waco Holocaust Electronic Museum
www.Public-Action.com...
Copyright, October, 2001
May be reproduced for non-commercial purposes.

October 16, 2001-- An interview with Osama bin Laden was published in a Karachi-based Pakistani daily newspaper, Ummat, on September 28, 2001. In this interview, bin Laden says of the September 11 attacks in the US:
"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle.
"It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people . . . " Everyone familiar with the content of the Waco Holocaust Electronic Museum
www.Public-action.com...
knows bin Laden is telling the truth.
News of this Ummat interview was suppressed in the US. Between the time of its publication and October 7, the US apparently spent its time creating a fake "bin Laden" interview, using either a stand-in or morphing. Or was the fraud produced by the Brits, as a favor to the US? No, the Taliban Home Video was a ham-fisted effort. The Brits usually have more subtlety.
You can read about the US fraud, "The Taliban Home Video," at
www.Public-Action.com...
Attached to "The Taliban Home Video" you will find a copy of a March, 1977 CNN interview with bin Laden, conducted by Peter Arnett. Compare the content and the style of bin Laden's remarks in the 1977 CNN interview with the content and style of bin Laden's remarks in the September 28, 2001 Ummat interview. Yes, it is the same man, all right. It appears to me that the Ummat interview is authentic.
Here is a copy of the Ummat interview, which you can find at this URL:
www.khilafah.com...
I am grateful to InfoTimes for passing this information along to me.
===
Usama bin Laden Says Israeli Regime is Behind the 9-11 Attacks
KABUL, Afghanistan (Ummat): Prominent Arab mojahed (freedom fighter) Usama bin Laden or the Al-Qaida group has nothing to do with the 11 September attacks on the Bush Administration, according to an Usama bin Laden interview with Ummat, the Karachi-based Pakistani daily newspaper. In his interview, Usama bin Laden pointed out that the Israeli regime is behind the 9-11 attacks. He expressed gratitude and support for Pakistan, urging the Pakistani people to continue their jehad against dictators, tyrants, traitors, crooks, criminals, dictatorships and tyrannies. Following is the text of Usama Bin Laden's interview conducted by a "special correspondent" and published in the daily Ummat on Friday, 28 September 2001. [The place and date of the interview was not given by Ummat.]
Daily UMMAT: You have been accused of involvement in the attacks in New York and Washington. What do you want to say about this? If you are not involved, who might be?
USAMA BIN LADEN: In the name of Allah (God), the most beneficent, the most merciful. Praise be to Allah, Who is the creator of the whole universe and Who made the Earth as an abode for peace, for the whole humankind. Allah is the Sustainer, who sent Prophet Muhammad (saw) for our guidance. I am thankful to The Ummat Group of Publications, which gave me the opportunity to convey my viewpoint to the people, particularly the valiant and momin (true Muslim) people of Pakistan who refused to believe the lies of the demon (Pakistani military dictator General Pervez Musharraf).
I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle. It is the United States, which is perpetrating every maltreatment on women, children and common people of other faiths, particularly the followers of Islam. All that is going on in Palestine for the last 11 months is sufficient to call the wrath of God upon the United States and Israel. There is also a warning for those Muslim countries, which witnessed all these as a silent spectator. What had earlier been done to the innocent people of Iraq, Chechnya and Bosnia? Only one conclusion could be derived from the indifference of the United States and the West to these acts of terror and the patronage of the tyrants by these powers that America is an anti Islamic power and it is patronizing the anti-Islamic forces. Its friendship with the Muslim countries is just a show, rather deceit. By enticing or intimidating these countries, the United States is forcing them to play a role of its choice. Put a glance all around and you will see that the slaves of the United States are either rulers or enemies of Muslims.
The U.S. has no friends, nor does it want to keep any because the prerequisite of friendship is to come to the level of the friend or consider him at par with you. America does not want to see anyone equal to it. It expects slavery from others. Therefore, other countries are either its slaves or subordinates. However, our case is different. We have pledged slavery to God Almighty alone and after this pledge there is no possibility to become the slave of someone else. If we do that it will be disregardful to both our Sustainer and his fellow beings. Most of the world nations upholding their freedom are the religious ones, which are the enemies of the United States, or the U.S. itself considers them as its enemies.

www.public-action.com...

Osama bin Laden as Responsible for the 9/11 Attacks: Is This Belief Based on Evidence?

by David Ray Griffin for Veterans Today
The idea that Osama bin Laden was responsible for the 9/11 attacks has been an article of faith for public officials and the mainstream media. Calling it an “article of faith” points to two features of this idea. On the one hand, no one in these circles publicly challenges this idea.
On the other hand, as I pointed out at length in two of my books – 9/11 Contradictions1 and The New Pearl Harbor Revisited,2 no good evidence has ever been publicly presented to support it.
Colin Powell’s Withdrawn Promise Two weeks after 9/11, Secretary of State Colin Powell, speaking to Tim Russert on Meet the Press, said that he expected “in the near future . . . to put out . . . a document that will describe quite clearly the evidence that we have linking [bin Laden] to this attack.”3
Powell reversed himself, however, at a press conference with President Bush in the White House Rose Garden the next morning, saying that, although the government had information that left no question of bin Laden's responsibility, "most of it is classified."4 According to Seymour Hersh, citing officials from both the CIA and the Department of Justice, the real reason for the reversal was a "lack of solid information."5
This was the week that Bush, after demanding that the Taliban turn over bin Laden, refused their request for evidence that bin Laden had been behind the attacks.6 A senior Taliban official, after the US attack on Afghanistan had begun, said: "We have asked for proof of Osama's involvement, but they have refused. Why?"7 Hersh's answer was that they had no proof.
Still another reason to doubt the authenticity of this 2004 video is that, although the speaker was addressing the American public, he spoke Arabic rather than English. This is strange, because Osama bin Laden was reportedly fluent in English, which he had started studying when he was 11 years old.49 A British journalist reported that, when he and bin Laden met in 1989, they conversed in English for 45 minutes.50 General Hamid Gul, speaking to United Press International in 2001, said: "I know bin Laden and his associates. They are graduates of the best universities and . . . speak impeccable English.51 If bin Laden spoke impeccable English, would he not have used it when speaking directly to the American people?52
Accordingly, this video does not, any more than the "Jalalabad video," provide evidence that Osama bin Laden himself confessed to planning the 9/11 attacks.
Conclusion
I showed in a previous essay that, according to the best evidence presently available, Osama bin Laden has been dead for many years.53 In the present essay, I have shown that there is not even any good evidence for the claim that bin Laden was responsible for the 9/11 attacks. Accordingly, insofar as the justification for the continuation of the AfPak war is based on the fact that bin Laden in the region both before and after the 9/11 attacks, that justification would seem to be doubly baseless.
www.veteranstoday.com...

Bombshell: Bin Laden Worked for US Until 9/11
Sibel Edmonds on the Mike Malloy radio show

www.globalresearch.ca...

Bin Laden did not plan or do 911 our own government couldn’t give the proof to the Taliban who capture OBL.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I read your information and clearly, the FBI are lying again. Your article does not post any “sources or facts” These are lies and no I don’t have to prove it either because, I found the original articles of what OBL said about 911 and you are posting disinformation again.

WRONG! That was NOT from the Al Jazeera interview I posted. That was the Daily Uhmat interview, and that wasn't even an interview. It was a list of written questions that the Daily Uhmat mailed to the Taliban gov't in the hope that they'd forward it to Bin Laden, becuase Bin Laden didn't have any reliable mailing address. That response was from what was mailed back to them. There is no way it can be verified those answers came from Bin Laden or from the minister of propaganda in the Taliban gov't, as it would be really, REALLY foolish for the Taliban to ever allow any admission other than "I didn't do it" get past their desk when they were actively trying to give the guy sanctuary.

Since we both know you're such a stickler for chain of custody authentication, unless you have a hidden agenda and unrepentant double standard, there should be no way that written interview can be accepted as a legitimate response of Bin Laden... RIGHT?

Osama bin Laden as Responsible for the 9/11 Attacks: Is This Belief Based on Evidence?

by David Ray Griffin for Veterans Today

The moment you have to resort to quoting a professor of religious philosophy to "prove" your conspiracy claims, it's the moment you're admitting you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel in backing your claims up. Going to him for geopolitical commentary is like going to the ambassador of France to perform a wedding ceremony.

So you're ADMITTING the reason the gov't dropped him was becuase he pulled the 9/11 attack...? That still doesn't look good for your "controlled demolitions" stories, does it?

[edit on 28-12-2009 by GoodOlDave]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

So, the BBC admit that Al Qaeda does not exist ? !

Do you ever look at BBC news ?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

WRONG! That was NOT from the Al Jazeera interview I posted

Wrong! This is from a web site I found not yours, and your information is wrong
I do not care if you believe in anything David Ray Griffin has written, or said.

The moment you have to resort to quoting a professor of religious philosophy to "prove" your conspiracy claims, it's the moment you're admitting you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel in backing your claims up. Going to him for geopolitical commentary is like going to the ambassador of France to perform a wedding ceremony.

I can say the same to you on every pieces of information you present, everything.

So, you are admitting that you depend on a lying media, that sells proven lies to the American people and the rest of the world. Next your be telling us that you can read minds and you know who all the lairs are in the world.

This is a fact. You can deny it all you want, but it won’t make the Truth go way.

Fact, Bin Laden DID NOT pull off 911.

Care to prove Sibel Edmonds is a lair?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Fake Al Qaeda

"The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the TV watcher to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US . . ." -- Former British Foreign Secretary Robin Cook
"Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word "Al-Qaeda" in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb "Qa'ada" which mean "to sit", pertinently, on the "Toilet Bowl". In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: "Al-Qaeda" also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or "Arab toilet" which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
So, if you were forming a terrorist group, would you call yourself, "The Toilet"?

whatreallyhappened.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Bin Laden was also (as I'm sure you already know) was a confirmed paid asset to the CIA during the Russian invasion attempt into Afghanistan. He middle manned many weapons deals between the CIA & the Mujihadeen during that failed invasion attempt in order to get Stinger missles and other weaponary into the reistance fighters (Mujihadeen) hands. Bin Laden also met on many occassions with CIA station officers in Algeria to conduct normal business including passing of money directly to Bin Laden.

Bin Laden at the time was called "one of the best assets in the region" by field CIA employees because when he said something, they could bank on it. He was considered a highly reliable source who could be believed at his word. BTW, Al Qaeda translates into "the base" and was a term used by Bin laden when referring to his base of operations in the area while working for the CIA. Hence, thats where the name came from for political reasons in the US.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by mikelee]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

WRONG! That was NOT from the Al Jazeera interview I posted

Wrong! This is from a web site I found not yours, and your information is wrong

I must tell you that bait and switch games do not work on me. You said you "found the original interview" and it was NOT the original interview. It was from some whole other interview, and an uncorroborated interview at that. You are the one who introduced me to "chain of custody" in verifying information sources, after all.

...and besides, it's not *my* information, it comes from an al Jazeera reporter interviewing Osama Bin Laden...which there IS a chain of custody for...and there's no way you can accuse al Jazeera of being "disinformation shills of the new world order" becuase their Kabul office was among the first targets bombed in the Afghanistan operation so they couldn't report what the allied forces were doing. Thus, I don't care if you yourself don't believe what they say, as the rest of the world considers them a credible source.

I can say the same to you on every pieces of information you present, everything.

It may make you feel better from saying such a thing, but we both know full well that you can't. The only reason you believe why sources like Al Jazeera are lying is NOT becuase of any questionable credibility, but becuase they're saying things that contradict what you wish to believe. Did you or did you not accuse Barbara Olsen's husband of lying about her telephone to him from the plane? He is as first had a witness as a first hand witness gets.

Fact, Bin Laden DID NOT pull off 911.

This is the exact same kind of creative quote mining that you're trying to pull in your video presentation. Technically Bin Laden *didn't* pull off 9/11. Khalid Sheik Mohammed came up with the idea and Mohammed Atta, et al did the work. What you're intentionally leaving out is that it needed Bin Laden's approval and support infrastructure to have it carried out.

This is like saying Charles Manson must be innocent becuase it was his cult members who did all the killing. You're the only person on the face of the planet who recognizes that sort of legal interpretation.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
Bin Laden was also (as I'm sure you already know) was a confirmed paid asset to the CIA during the Russian invasion attempt into Afghanistan. He middle manned many weapons deals between the CIA & the Mujihadeen during that failed invasion attempt in order to get Stinger missles and other weaponary into the reistance fighters (Mujihadeen) hands. Bin Laden also met on many occassions with CIA station officers in Algeria to conduct normal business including passing of money directly to Bin Laden.

Bin laden always had his own political agenda complete and separate from what the US has. Any cooperation he would have had with the CIA in Afghanistan would have been under a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" relationship against the Soviets, rather than out of any real fondness of the US. At that point in time, he was not the international criminal he would later turn out to be years later, so at best, what you're doing is criticizing the gov't of not being able to predict the future and know who's going to wind up killing 3000 people twenty years from now.

I have my gripes against the gov't too, but even I can't slam them for that.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

What they continue to ignore Dave, is that there were two groups of freedom fighters in Afghanistan. One, were the Afghanis, which the CIA supplied. The other were Arabs from all over that people like Osama supplied. The CIA-Bin Laden link has been disproven many times, yet some people still cling to it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
At that point in time, he was not the international criminal he would later turn out to be years later, so at best, what you're doing is criticizing the gov't of not being able to predict the future and know who's going to wind up killing 3000 people twenty years from now.

I have my gripes against the gov't too, but even I can't slam them for that.

GoodoleDave

You always say you reserarch 911, commission reports , that you

want to deal with facts .

Well Sir

I put forth a Challenge to you my friend .

Watch the linked Video, and being honest with yourself at least ,

and the rest of the board , tell me you still believe the Quoted

Statement I linked above.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

"Ana raicha Al Qaeda" is colloquial for "I'm going to the toilet". A very common and widespread use of the word "Al-Qaeda" in different Arab countries in the public language is for the toilet bowl. This name comes from the Arabic verb "Qa'ada" which mean "to sit", pertinently, on the "Toilet Bowl". In most Arabs homes there are two kinds of toilets: "Al-Qaeda" also called the "Hamam Franji" or foreign toilet, and "Hamam Arabi" or "Arab toilet" which is a hole in the ground. Lest we forget it, the potty used by small children is called "Ma Qa'adia" or "Little Qaeda".
So, if you were forming a terrorist group, would you call yourself, "The Toilet"?

Oh, good GRIEF, and you actually complain when I say you're mindlessly swallowing anythign those damned fool conspiracy web sites are putting out. You got that from Prison Planet!

It does NOT mean "toilet". It says right in your quote that it's a COLLOQUIAL translation, meaning that not what it LITERALLY translates to. It's an INFORMAL translation. I am quoting Arabic speakers when they say "Qa'ada" is the infinitive of the verb "to sit". It only means "I'm going to the toilet" when you add the "Ana raicha" part, and even then it translates to something like "I'm going to go sit". The Arabic Al makes it "the sit" which is as close to the description of a base I.E. military base as it gets. It's the same as "dump" having different meanings depending on whether you say "city dump" or "I'm going to take a dump".

Did it EVER occur to you that if you have to resort to arguing over extreme goofball linguistics like THIS to find all the hidden clues that keep your conspiracy stories alive, maybe it's time for you to go find some different conspriacies to support...?

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

"In Afghanistan, the freedom fighters are the key to peace. We support the Mujahadeen..." (President Ronald Reagan, Seventh State of the Union Address, January 1988).

"The story of bin Laden is the story of the secret CIA/ISI insurgent camps in Pakistan and Afghanistan. According to Prof. Michel Chossudovsky, Osama was 22 years old in 1979, when he was trained in a CIA sponsored guerilla training camp near Peshawar, Pakistan."

"..Al Qaeda, the base in Arabic was a data bank of volunteers who had enlisted to fight in the Afghan jihad. That data base was initially held by Osama bin Laden."

Atta known to Pentagon pre 911

Global Research

CIA=Al Qaeda

The Power of Nightmares

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blind Eye
A great clip from a great documentary but i don't recall what the name of it is... anyone know? I have seen so many docs on the subject, i can't keep them all straight.

As for the subject at hand, when you factor in how the Laden and Bush family have been old friends and business associates, you can see how easy this casting call was, to fill for the world stage.

yes was a great documentary called The Power of Nightmares: The Rise Of The Politics Of Fear, it was on the BBC a few years ago. should be required viewing for a better understanding of the war on terrpr

www.veoh.com...#

This is the first episode

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Great video Impressme!

There are several other videos which relate to this method of deception
where US forces are sent into Middle Eastern Villages to scope out homes
for "terrorists" only to find women and children sleeping.

It's quite a sad story. Here's one that has always stuck in my mind:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join