It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members Core Revised...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
To all members of ATS that are following these threads...

ATS do not want us to exchange personal details so they can protect their members.
Two threads were closed due to violation of T&C with reference to the above.

Therefore we evolve and adapt.

We must respect the rules of this forum it is a meeting ground for those of us that care about the things we see in the world. And for those of us that wish to make changes for the future and prepare for whats to come.

Keeping this in mind i think it is best to be totally transparent and to emphasise we are not longer able to come together through any means other than this forum.

So for the time being i will leave the direction of this thread open to the collective consciousness of the members that are part of the original threads...

Spirit.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I find it really sad that you must use the internet to 'come together' with people. It is a really sad day indeed.

Get off the net and into reality plox

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Seeing the last two threads have been closed, I'd think twice about creating a third - you should seriously talk to the administration before going further.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It is sad that people in the real world turn a blind eye to these forms of discussions also, that in reality these subject matters are taboo and not to be discussed by shun, henceforth the reason ATS is the perfect ground for the coming together of like minded souls.

Spirit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit777child

We don't turn a blind eye, as I've said before, we've had nasty experiences in the past and ATS reputation has been brought into question. We DO NOT endorse groups or take part in activism due to it.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I dont mind what ATS do if they are in their rights who am i to object.

I am just trying to spread some love and trying to get people together on many important topics within my local community.

My intentions are for the betterment of us all nothing more nothing less...

approaches to such matters are numourous.

If this is closed also i will begin a new topic we can all actively be involved in without any threat to any members or ats.

Spirit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Maybe your venue can take use of the Chat Room

just a thought

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit777child
If this is closed also i will begin a new topic we can all actively be involved in without any threat to any members or ats.

My advice as an ATS elder, if this thread is closed - let it die. Keep spawning does not bode well. We have literally dozen of threads on this topic, must end up being closed due to sailing into activism.

Please, take my advice and do listen to me.

If it is against T&C, it's against it. Nothing you can do.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
thank you and yes i will leave it in the hands of ats...

your chat name is very interesting, are you part of the illuminati by any chance?

spirit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

lol

It's an old ATS joke.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i see

I am now even more intrigued lol

spirit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i am resigned to licking my wounds...

oh well such is life.

i hope you feel good about yourselves.

spirit

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here's what you do:
ATS has it's rules in place for a reason.
It may be before your time here, but ATS has run into issues that have affected it's ability to run.
Therefore, ATS as a venue is closed.
The site administrators have chosen to avoid similar future trouble resulting from it.

Instead, make your own site, or blog, in which you can discuss and try to gain a following.
Just make sure to follow the t&c if you wish to advertise it here.

This is a free service. It is not a democracy or a republic.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I am assuming this is dead from that post? Such a shame.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
We don't turn a blind eye, as I've said before, we've had nasty experiences in the past and ATS reputation has been brought into question. We DO NOT endorse groups or take part in activism due to it.

Interesting. I got a U2U message from someone here soliciting my activism to help stop some proposed legislation dealing with websites and cookies and advertisers. I probably should have reported that instead of deleting it, huh? Ooops.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
Interesting. I got a U2U message from someone here soliciting my activism to help stop some proposed legislation dealing with websites and cookies and advertisers. I probably should have reported that instead of deleting it, huh? Ooops.

Always. ATS takes it's members privacy as a paramount issue.

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Classic!!!!!

If i could give you a thousand stars, I would!!!

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently pretending to hold beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that one does not actually hold.

You made my day Divinorumus, thanks!!

Peace

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Perhaps you are unaware that there was an entire thread made by the administrators asking for our input on whether ATS should become involved.

Excerpt from that thread...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Such a petition effort would cross the line of our stated principals of limiting advocacy within the borders of ATS, but I think this is a vitally important issue of concern to our members and the thousands of small website on which you find inspiration. As such, before we engage in any petition of Internet users, I thought it logical to bring it up to you for discussion and consideration.

ATS administrators thought long and hard (and asked for our input) before proceeding.

(By the way I believe ATS Administrators decision to advocate in that instance was the correct decision.)

[edit on 26-12-2009 by Studious]

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Maybe you should wonder where you are going to post such witticisms should the bill referred to be passed eh?

Or maybe you were too busy being sarcastic to understand the point of what SO was trying to say huh?

posted on Dec, 26 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Are we talking about the thread So started about trying to preserve the Internet?

If so it is not exactly like the time long ago when I was in tears trying to get ppl to sign a petition to save the wolves from a massive Aeriel shooting, (I was contacted by several Mods that were so very sorry to have to delete the thread as they were completely in agreeing with my well produced thread, but said if they let this slip through all others would have to be allowed too and that was not the purpose of the discussion board.)

They suggested instead of an activist based thread it could be an informational one instead.

Now what I mean to say is that SO is directly involved in the issue, it is something he became aware of during his visit to DC.

Although it took him some additional time to research the possibility of this actually happening, and deciding to wait to post about it once he had as much info as he could gather, it is not some second hand activist call as he was directly involved, but the difference as to weather or not we will be able in the future to sit down at the comp and visit places such as ATS and other such sites.

Now excuse me if I have this wrong as I have been off ATS for a while due to comp trouble and personal matters, but if I am right I do have both sides well figured out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join