It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleveland Airport Mystery

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
After seeing the thread on AA77 And all the many threads on 911 have we had one on the Cleveland airport mystery?

I don't remember one..

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Maybe you should make one duder, I've never heard of it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250
After seeing the thread on AA77 And all the many threads on 911 have we had one on the Cleveland airport mystery?

I don't remember one..

I have heard bits and pieces about this but never much detail really. I am certainly interested though. What do you have on it?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well good then, I don't really remember anything about it here on ATS as long as I have been here, Ok maybe a little now thinking about it.

There were two Planes that landed that morning due to bomb threats. One was reported to be Flight 93 by United. People from one of the flights were taken to that NASA hanger.

The airport was evacuated , the Mayor went on local news and told the story.

Also, one of the planes flew to ohio and then turned around and flew to DC if I remember . It's a very interesting part of 911..

Maybe someone with a better memory could chime in as I am a bit rusty.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

Yes what is the Cleveland Airport Mystery. I would like to know also.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

Yes what is the Cleveland Airport Mystery. I would like to know also.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Just google it,

911review.org...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The Cleveland mystery has its base in a report posted by the AP on Sept 11, 2001 stating that United 93 had landed there. It was posted on WCPO-TV's website shortly after. Shortly after that, the AP ran a correction stating they had screwed up. Liz Foreman, at WCPO, removed the link to the story, but did not remove the story. In 2003, after someone had asked her about it still be there, she removed the story. Unfortuately, this false story lives on with the 9/11 "truth" movement.

The plane that landed in Cleveland and was taxied to the NASA facility, was a NASA airplane that had taken off from there shortly before the ground stop order was issued. More specifically, it was a NASA KC-135 better known as the "vomit comet"

"A KC-135 had to come back to the hangar," says Wessel, as if realizing for the first time that this aircraft may have caused some undue confusion. A team of scientists from the Johnson Space Center in Houston had flown to Cleveland on this KC-135 to conduct micro-gravity experiments. (Also known as "the vomit comet," KC-135's are used to simulate weightlessness. The plane soars to high altitudes, then falls back toward the ground, giving passengers a few seconds of zero-G experience. Scenes for the Tom Hanks movie Apollo 13 were filmed in one.)
The visiting scientists could not return to Houston as scheduled on 9/11 once the FAA ordered all planes to land. "After the facility closed, we had to take those scientists to a hotel." The scientists, dressed as civilians, were boarded onto shuttle buses

www.freetimes.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There was also the case of erroneous reporting (that was corrected when the error was realised) involving the landing of a Delta flight, flight 1989 from memory. The CT has it that it was actually UA93 that landed there and offloaded the passengers.

A simple test would be to try and fit in the time it would take to descend from cruising altitude, land, taxi to a secure area, offload, taxi again, take off, ascend back to cruising altitude and resume scheduled course. I'm pretty sure that would rule out the possibility altogether.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
EDIT - double post

[edit on 21/12/2009 by Pilgrum]

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I never heard anything about the nasa aircraft. United airlines announced that UA93 had landed there. There was no mistake about what was reported.

The story lived on wcpo's web site for years before it was removed.

Fact is something happened there....

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Why was this plane confused for flight 93 so easily?

Why did the story stay online for so long if was already cleared up?

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by 22-250
I never heard anything about the nasa aircraft. United airlines announced that UA93 had landed there. There was no mistake about what was reported.

The story lived on wcpo's web site for years before it was removed.

Fact is something happened there....

1. The mistake is not that it was reported, but rather WHAT was reported.

2. Things, even inaccurate ones, live forever on the web. If you look in your local newspaper at where the corrections are posted, and then go to the story on the web, you will find that 99% of the time the original article appears with no mention of a correction at all and contains the originally printed inaccurate version. Do you know how many old articles about Obama still are on the web but contain tons of errors -- nobody thought it would matter (and it didn't) because they weren't expecting him to be President someday.

3. I'm fairly certain that if you look through all of the records for the FAA and various airports, you will find MANY mistakes. However, none of these mistakes come to light because there were no problems that required an in-depth review. In other words, had Flight 93 not crashed, the error still would have been reported but nobody would have cared.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Why did the story remain there for so long....

Well the AP removed the story when they posted their correction. The TV station in Ohio, only removed the link....and then forgot about the story itself. Read what Ms. Foreman has to say about the subject. She went so far as to create a FAQ page about it due to all the phone calls/emails she was getting about it.

Why was it so easily confused?

We get back to the fact that on days like that, confusion and rumors reign.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

United airlines announced that UA93 had landed there

No, the AP reported it had landed and also said that United confirmed it. The AP corrected their mistake within 20 minutes. WCPO only removed the link to the story.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Here's some information on it... In case you want to read up on the story.
Source: Woody Box

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ok heres a question.

Have any of you ever been to the airport in Cleveland.

I have only been through Columbus, I have never been to Cleveland.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have been there, why?

Nonetheless, the airport was evacuated, strangeley no one was alloud to drive there cars out of there. All were told to leave by foot.

Again something happened there, it dose fit when you consider one of the planes headed to Ohio then disappeared off radar. Later to reappear and head to DC as I remember it.

posted on Dec, 21 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

Because most connecting flights go through Columbus and not Cleveland.

Why is that?

Does it get any use by people who are not locals? It is an International Airport, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join