It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what's your opinion...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
what exactly do you think aliens ARE (as in what they looks like, whether they're smart etc)

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthCorkus
what exactly do you think aliens ARE (as in what they looks like, whether they're smart etc)

In my opinion...nobody really knows. There has not been any full proof that they do exist as it always gets debunked. I think they do exist but would not even fathom on giving them a description or rating their intelligence. They must exist because we cannot be the only damn living things in the universe. I surely hope not or in time the universe is screwed just like your planet Earth.

Many people claim to have seen aliens not from this world but what proof do we have except for their word. Why should we believe it? Why do I think their are aliens from another world? I don't think, I know. There must be. I have never seen one as far as I know but we cannot be alone in something that never ends in all givin directions (universe). They are here or have visited and no I have no proof just a inclination of must.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
that's fair...but in my opinion I think they must exist...because with so many galaxys in one universe there has to be some planet with the same climate and vegetation as ours if not then coming close to it, and maybe they just look like us only...possibly more edvanced or maybe even less advanced, and other opinions?

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
i partly agree with I See You no one knows what ailens look like because there have never been any offical sightings..but from all the films and book, etc..there has to be some truth in their Appearance becauce they all look the same. nearly all of them have the same shaped head and human like bodys.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
agree'd all the films do is make them up and put them looking the way people want them to look...it's rather stupid.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No way to tell. They may be as small as a thumbtack or as big as an elephant. They may be floating globs or microbes in soil.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
lol I great u got me imagining earth being taken over by a bunch of floating gooey blobs now thanks...lol

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
We can only speculate about aliens, but I would say that they are probably NOT what we would think of. Our exposer to life is such that mostly we have very narrow thoughts about aliens. For instance the "grey" aliens everyone is so infatuated with. They are basically anerexic humans with deformed heads....... That sounds more like someones imagination then something that would come from a vastly different environment then the one we see on earth. Remember that they would have evolved to suit their planet, not ours. Thus, they would have a different gravity level to deal with, different atmosphere, different distance to their star (maybe even 2 stars), ect ect ect. Basically, I'd say the most chance we have of discovering ET life in our lifetime would be some bacteria or single celled organisms on Europa or something.

Xon

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I do think there is alien. But have they been here..... I really doent think so. And I think that nobody knows how they do look like. If they come here to earth thy must be smart. (like monkeys cant travel to Mars....)

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
actually...if aliens exist...it's more...they're smart if thet DON'T come to Earth...what with leaders like Bush and Blair around...they'd be shot down straight away with nuclear warheads knowing Bush and Blair would be dumb enough to support him all the way...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Inteligent race if they exist. Look blue with heads.
oh and they're from another planet.

[Edited on 23-5-2004 by AD5673]

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There are probably as many "aliens" in the universe as there are species of animals on this Earth...all with different shapes, brains, intelligence levels, morality, etc. Also: some might not live "outer-space" as we know it but in other dimensions or on the astral plane. There's a lot of interesting stuff out there.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
yeah but the theory of creatures from another "dimension" is highly unproven but there are proofs that other dimensions exist...

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If you want to see my thoughts, visit my blog at:

blogs.abovetopsecret.com...

and read the one titled: "Why I don't believe in Aliens."

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think that if you can imagine it, its most likely out there somewhere. *points to the stars*
Ow...
man,
my pointing arm is starting to hurt.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I agree with you strangecraft,

however

2. If there were other civilizations in the universe, they would almost certainly have stumbled upon radio frequencies as a means to communicate across the interstellar void. Humans have been broadcasting radio-waves non-stop for more than 100 years. We�ve never picked up any sign of intelligent radio signals. While this doesn�t disprove life, it DOES mean than no other planet has creatures who have learned to manipulate electricity. And modifying electrical current is fundamental to chemistry. No one else is broadcasting the way we are. In terms of radio, x-ray, microwaves, and all other electromagnetic radiation, we are most certainly alone.

since the time we started sending out radio waves to space they haven't gone that far.I think it's less than a 100 years,say 60-70 years.

radio waves travel at light speed,so the first waves that were sent are now only 70 light years away from us...yet the milky way alone is 100 000 light years across.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
What I exactly think they are ?

Well I've been thinking about this for quite some years and I'll tell you, it's hard to tell. My brains are just not capable to imagine all that.

If you look at earth alone and the many different life forms around I'd say intelligent Alien life would most probably look like we do, for sure different properties like we have here on earth are possible but the basics will be pretty much the same. I'm not 100% sure though however if you look at our body shape it's by far the most efficient shape for an intelligent life form. Our shape makes it easy to do everything.

But it's difficult to think about because we only have earth as reference and there are not many official facts about Aliens, other earth like planets or life on "dead" planets like mars and venus.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If I'm to believe the SOM1-01 manual (special operations manual, 1954)

(page 9)

they
- have a larger cranium than we do
- bipedal
- three or four digits

this generally fits in with the pop culture image we have of aliens.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthCorkus
there are proofs that other dimensions exist...

No there isn't. Mathematical theory is not proof.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
well ooo la la mr mathematics!!!........wait...no my brain hurts...that word was too big!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join