It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Replaced By Cardboard Cutout At Benefit Concert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think they ought to give a Nobel to the cardboard cutout also.

WHITE HOUSE NOTEBOOK: Short stay miffs Norwegians

OSLO — President Barack Obama's decision to break with tradition and not follow the lead of past Nobel Peace Prize winners bewildered some Norwegians. Others thought he was being impolite.

Obama had quite a whirlwind day Thursday — he signed the Nobel guest book, huddled with Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg, met with King Harald V and Queen Sonja, and delivered an acceptance speech after he was formally presented with the prize. He also joined the king and queen at an evening banquet.

But he skipped several other activities, including lunch with the king, a news conference at Oslo's Grand Hotel, CNN's traditional interview with the prize winner and a "Save the Children" benefit concert, where organizers replaced him with an Obama cardboard cutout. Obama also won't be around for Friday's Nobel Concert.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I'm sure the cardboard likeness performed just as amicably for the Norwegians.

Can we do the same here in the Oval Office?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I'm sure the cardboard likeness performed just as amicably for the Norwegians.

Can we do the same here in the Oval Office?

It'd definitely be safer financially than the real one.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I wish he would use that here!I'm sick of his voice.
Here's an Image of the cut out

That's it/him on the right,pretty funny!

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
let's face it...Obama can't do anything right...just look at ATS and the postings about him....day after day after day.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
How fitting... considering that he is nothing more than cardboard cutout for the NWO anyway.
The irony of this is simply too much to ignore.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here,he can snub you all the time for 32.95
www.celebritygift.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

As someone with strong Norwegian genetics, I have to laugh at the complete stupidity of my people, they used to be the strongest warriors, now they are nothing but a joke.

Maybe barry doesn't deserve the honor to begin with you nitwits, obviously he doesn't take it seriously and neither does the rest of the world. I bet barry didn't bow down to the nordic looking king like he did his saudi masters.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Said in the story he had to hurry back to D.C. to work. Well that'd be a first. I think the cut-out has more life to it then the real thing. Besides, why would he stay, he got what he wanted, that's all that counts to him. Though, I might've had a tiny bit of respect for him if he'd politely refused the award.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Well seeing as less than 1 in 5 Americans feel he deserved the Nobel, I think quite a lot of people would've felt better if he refused it.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
News Frash. He's replaced with a cardboard cutout in the WhiteHouse too! I mean, the man doesn't have to actually be there.. the powers that be can get any joe to do their dirt work for them.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I can't believe this, I am ashamed to even admit I have a president that uses a cardboard cut-out to take his own place at ceremonies! I don't think I've seen this before...

A cardboard cut-out!? Really?!

This guy is something else. Calling him narcissistic is being modest.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by havok

The Norwegians replaced him with a cardboard cut out not Obama himself. This is very telling about Obama though, if the event doesn't center around him he simply doesn't want anything to do with it.

Save the children benefit concert? He just received the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing, who cares about saving the children. Lunch with the King? Nope no need for that.

Oh yea lets just load up the jets fly to Norway to collect the prize and money then fly back to DC just to load up the jets again at the beginning of next week to fly to Copenhagen. I wonder if the presidential fleet will have its carbon footprint regulated?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

Right. it'd show that he has some morals, his approval rates might have went up a little too. But to take the award an run? He might just as well have a sign over his head saying "Loser."

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

At the rate he's using Air Force One, the poor planes gonna be worn out before his terms half over. Doesn't he believe in staying in the US for more an a day or two?

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

He doesn't like it here!He thinks we are aholes to his muslim brothers.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I guess he figures he should upgrade Air Force 1 in all the billions he is spending. The only way for him to do that is to wear out the plane.

It doesn't seem like it, he's either jet-setting across the world or campaigning while he is in country. What a prez we have, oh yea and spend trillions of dollars that we don't have.

join