It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Adviser: Obama plans to launch Bin Laden hunt anew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Adviser: Obama plans to launch Bin Laden hunt anew

The United States will launch a new effort to track down Osama bin Laden who is believed to be hiding in the mountains along the Afghan-Pakistan border, a senior US official said on Sunday.
Intelligence reports suggest the Al-Qaeda chief "is somewhere inside north Waziristan, sometimes on the Pakistani side of the border, sometimes on the Afghan side of the border," said national security adviser James Jones.
Asked if President Barack Obama's administration planned a fresh attempt to go after Al-Qaeda's leader, Jones said: "I think so."

rawstory.com...

LOL, The Obama administration has got to be kidding.

How are they going to find someone that is to believe to be dead?
The Obama administrations will say anything to justified their lies and war of aggression for OIL. Our government is really convinced that they have fooled everyone.

I think the Obama administration is really desperate at this point to make such allegation, to pretend to hunt for OBL.

Remember OBL was working for the CIA up to 911.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by impressme]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I wonder how many times we have changed our strategy to catch Obama and Co?
Well, good luck on your new propaganda campain Obama.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What is really interesting is this news comes on the day before the EPA is supposed to announce CO2 regulations. Funny how that works.

I believe the guy is dead, back in 2000 he was on Kidney Dialysis and even Bensiher Butoh(sp?) even said he was dead.

Oh well, just more propaganda to feed the masses.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Despite the vow to track down Bin Laden, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said on Sunday that intelligence agencies did not know where the Al-Qaeda leader was and had lacked reliable information on his whereabouts for years.

rawstory.com...

OBL must be a genius; I mean we are the most advance country in the world with satellites covering the entire globe we don’t miss a thing. Now our government is stating they have no intelligence of OBL where about for years. LOL They must be joking.

I guess our government thinks MSN has done a wonderful job in brainwashing the Masses, and that we numbly except every word as the truth.

"We don't know for a fact where Osama bin Laden is. If we did, we'd go get him," Gates, a former CIA director, told ABC News' "This Week."

Had OBL robbed a bank and fled the country, we would have caught him, this is totally nonsense’s.

US government officials have named Bin Laden and the Al-Qaeda network as the prime suspects in the attacks and offered a 50 million dollar reward, but for more than eight years Bin Laden has avoided capture

Yeah, and we are still waiting for the Governments proof that he did it.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by impressme]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
LOL this news story made laugh out loud, i mean really.

This why you should no longer trust any news network i dont care if they are local or global, they work the same anyway.

besides i though local news meant finding the news in your community not around the world.

btw the real reason they are waiting for bin laden to come out, its not that they will capture bin laden they will hire a look like bin laden then they will say (woot jobs done)

Dont believe me? just watch and see.

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

(LOOK likes always worked)

[edit on 6-12-2009 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It has to do with Gordon Brown putting pressure on Pakistan's Intelligence Agency to "take Bin Laden out" as he put it to them (Pakistans ISI) this week. The US & Britain must convince skeptics to endorse their efforts to send more troops to the region. They have little else to use for backing other than OBL. Even if he's dead, with no body or proof otherwise they can use that card in their favor bolster what they need.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
When this new hunt proves fruitless the Administration will accuse Iran or Pakistan of hiding "Bin Laden." with video tape proof and audio as well it depends on which of those two nations are giving the US government the most problems at the time.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Is "Al Qaeda" and "Osama bin Laden" the modern incarnation of 1984's "Emmanuel Goldstein", the arch-villain manufactured by the state to rule the population with fear?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

bin Laden is right up there with "Days of Our Lives" and "The Young and the Restless" as a long running soap opera with characters that have more lives than Lazarus.

But you are right. Refusal to hand over bin Laden has already been the trigger for war. Will it be again? Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Maybe the PTB have more information about this than we do? Who knows, anything's possible. I've heard all the rumors about his poor health and death also, but there has not really been anything forthcoming to completely support those rumors.

Suppose he is still alive? Even if he is a broken down decrepit and sickly old man.

It would be nice to extradict him here, and let him face Americans, and consequently "Justice".

So they want to find him? Let them try. Why not?

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

There is no hard evidence linking bin laden to 9/11. In any case he's an old worn out boogey man, they just bring him out for fun sometimes. When bush made the axis of evil speech a new boogey man had been created and unveiled that would outlast poor little bin laden.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

But he certainly seemed to enjoy his little video's before and afterwards, taking pleasure and revelling in his hand in it. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the brunt of the incident hasn't been placed on others simply to divert attention away from the fact that they haven't been able to catch him.

Even the military has tried to play down his role in it, as though, we didn't catch him, but it doesn't matter. As though they overestimated his role in it.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe Obama could talk to the experts from CNN?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b4cc43c26a6.jpg[/atsimg]

Rewey

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Ipsedixit,With the President's poll numbers tanking like they are.His handlers will be desperate enough to try and use the ghost of Bin Laden to get the public to rally around the President it worked for a while with W. so why not Obama?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think it really goes to show how desperate the Obama administration really is. This also tells me that people in the bush administration seem to have a strong hold in the Obama administration. I am sure the military brass from the Bush era is still running the show on their war propaganda to the Obama, administration which tells me that our military is really running this country not Obama or congress. This country is in the corrupt hands of a corrupt military and corrupt corporations with two motives, money and control. Lets look a Dick Cheney he has been working closely with war Generals since the early 90s

Cheney was selected to be the Secretary of Defense during the presidency of George H. W. Bush, holding the position for the majority of Bush's term. During this time, Cheney oversaw the 1991 Operation Desert Storm, among other actions.

Cheney persuaded the Saudi Arabian aristocracy to allow bases for US ground troops and war planes in the nation. This was an important element of the success of the Gulf War, as well as a lightning-rod for Islamists who opposed having non-Muslim armies near their holy sites.[36

Back in the early 1990s Cheney had his eyes set on helping the Saudis, here is my opinion there was a plan and I bet it all has to do with how these few corrupt officials could get their greedy hands on controlling foreign oil. Oil which is the words most demanding resource. ]

Cheney's record as CEO was subject to some dispute among Wall Street analysts; a 1998 merger between Halliburton and Dresser Industries attracted the criticism of some Dresser executives for Halliburton's lack of accounting transparency.[48] During Cheney's tenure, Halliburton changed its accounting practices regarding revenue realization of disputed costs on major construction projects.[49] Cheney resigned as CEO of Halliburton on July 25, 2000. As vice president, he argued that this step removed any conflict of interest. Cheney's net worth, estimated to be between $30 million and $100 million, is largely derived from his post at Halliburton, as well as the Cheneys' gross income of nearly $8.82 million.[50]

Right, which is what old Dickey, wanted everyone to believe this already shows that Dick Cheney had “his” greedy hands in a deep core of corruption and what was Cheney’s goal it was to make, as much money as possible and it really did not matter how he made it.
However, making money was not enough for Dick Cheney became an oil Baron himself. Now after 911 I would love to know what his net worth is. The fact is I am for anyone who wants to make money, I mean we do live in a capital society however; I do apposes stealing and deceptive means of one to make money. Dick Cheney being CEO of Halliburton had to have his greedy hands in on Halliburton illegal accounting practices; I don’t need to say anymore.

In 1997, along with Donald Rumsfeld, William Kristol and others, Cheney founded the Project for the New American Century, a neoconservative think tank whose self-stated goal is to "promote American global leadership."[51] He was also part of the board of advisors of the Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) before becoming vice president.[36

en.wikipedia.org...

It really appears to me that the Bush family , Donald Rumsfeld and Cheney have been working together for decades all working on one common goal that goal was to find away to destabilize Iraq and Afghanistan. And boy did they come up with a “whooper of a plan”.

From 1977 to 1985 Rumsfeld served as Chief Executive Officer, President, and then Chairman of G. D. Searle & Company, a worldwide pharmaceutical company based in Skokie, Illinois. During his tenure at Searle, Rumsfeld led the company's financial turnaround, thereby earning awards as the Outstanding Chief Executive Officer in the Pharmaceutical Industry from the Wall Street Transcript (1980) and Financial World (1981). In 1985, Searle was sold to Monsanto Company. Rumsfeld is believed to have earned around $12 million from this sale.[26]

From January 1997 until being sworn in as the 21st Secretary of Defense in January 2001, Rumsfeld served as Chairman of Gilead Sciences, Inc. Gilead Sciences is the developer of Tamiflu (Oseltamivir), which is used in the treatment of bird flu.[27] As a result, Rumsfeld's holdings in the company grew significantly when avian flu became a subject of popular anxiety during his later term as Secretary of Defense. Following standard practice, Rumsfeld recused himself from any decisions involving Gilead, and he directed the Pentagon's General Counsel issue instructions outlining what he could and could not be involved in if there were an avian flu pandemic and the Pentagon had to respond.[28][29][30

I really would love to know what Rummy is worth today Rumsfeld goal as Dick Cheney was to rake in as much money as one could get their greedy hands on. It is always about the money with these men they were not into politic to run our country as their career portfolio clearly demonstrates this. Their goal was to use the political system for their own personal gain, with enemy like this who needed terrorist..

Calls for resignation
In an unprecedented move in modern U.S. history,[60] eight retired generals and admirals called for Rumsfeld to resign in early 2006 in what was called the "Generals Revolt," accusing him of "abysmal" military planning and lack of strategic competence.[61][62][63] Rumsfeld rebuffed these criticisms, stating that "out of thousands and thousands of admirals and generals, if every time two or three people disagreed we changed the secretary of defense of the United States, it would be like a merry-go-round."[64] Commentator Pat Buchanan reported at the time that "Washington Post columnist David Ignatius, who travels often to Iraq and supports the war, says that the generals' and admirals' views mirror those of 75 percent of the officers in the field, and probably more."[65] Bush responded to the criticism by stating that Rumsfeld is "exactly what is needed,"[66] and also defended him in his controversial decider remark.
[edit] Resignation
Rumsfeld shakes President Bush's hand as he announces his resignation, November 8, 2006.
On November 1, 2006, President Bush stated he would stand by Rumsfeld as defense secretary for the length of his term as president.[67] Rumsfeld wrote a resignation letter dated November 6, and, per the stamp on the letter, Bush saw it on Election Day, November 7.[68] In the elections, the House and the Senate shifted to Democratic control. After the elections, on November 8, Bush announced Rumsfeld would resign his position as Secretary of Defense. Many Republicans were unhappy with the delay, believing they would have won more votes if voters had known Rumsfeld was resigning.[68]

en.wikipedia.org...

When Rumsfeld finally resigned, he slithered out of his political career, laughing all the way to the bank. All of these men Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, and George Bush left their political career in a disgrace. Most American look at these three politicians in disgust at how they abused their power for their own personal gain and left this great country in shambles.

Now we look at Obama

U.S. Senator: 2005–2008
Main article: United States Senate career of Barack Obama
Obama was sworn in as a senator on January 4, 2005.[61] Obama was the fifth African American Senator in U.S. history and the third to have been popularly elected.[62] He was the only Senate member of the Congressional Black Caucus.[63] CQ Weekly, a nonpartisan publication, characterized him as a "loyal Democrat" based on analysis of all Senate votes in 2005–2007. The National Journal ranked him as the "most liberal" senator based on an assessment of selected votes during 2007; in 2005 he was ranked sixteenth most liberal, and in 2006 he was ranked tenth.[64] In 2008, Congress.org ranked him as the eleventh most powerful Senator,[65] and the politician who was the most popular in the Senate, enjoying 72% approval in Illinois.[66] Obama announced on November 13, 2008 that he would resign his senate seat on November 16, 2008, before the start of the lame-duck session, to focus on his transition period for the presidency.[67] This enabled him to avoid the conflict of dual roles as President-elect and Senator in the lame duck session of Congress, which no sitting member of Congress had faced since Warren Harding.[68]

en.wikipedia.org...

There is a lot of information on President Obama however, I am satisfied that money is not Obama’s goal. He has spent a lifetime helping people and changing laws for the good of man. However, it is my opinion that some of Bush’s people are still in high positions and still have their tentacles into the Obama administration working with corrupt military Brass to intervene, to persuade political decisions. I do not believe that Obama has presidential control as we are lead to believe.
These powerful people who are in control need people that they can control and I believe that is why Obama is our President these people put him in office. Yeah I know some of you will disagree and say no, we elected Obama and he won the election. Don’t be fooled for one minuet, most presidential elections are rigged to the core by both parties.
Was the 2004 Election Stolen?
www.rollingstone.com...
Now the military wants Obama to announce that we are going to hunt for OBL. LOL what, is America into hunting ghost maybe we can catch OBL ghost and put it in a bottle and sell it on eBay and donate the money to a worthy cause.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Rumsfeld has been passing himself off as an "expert." in counter-terrorism like many former members Bush Administration have.I would not have any of these guys head up the local neighborhood watch much less advise me on how to protect my company.

posted on Dec, 11 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I am given Obama a little more time before I really drop the ball.
I have to say though, Obama has made some bad decision on ending the war and he has done very little to what he has promised the American people.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Heard from a good friend this night that Xe (Blackwater 2.0) will have a presence in Afghanistan. They stated they were out of the security business. However, they have always been in the private war business, so this should be watched closely because if anything, and I mean anything goes awry with Xe then Obama will for sure have not only egg on his face but a good helping of hash browns as well.

new topics

top topics

join