It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers of Investigating Conspiracies and Cover-ups

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
For all those trying to use the old link, a new one was reposted. You can find it here

Peace

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Just been searching google and came across this, its an article about the dangerous of investigating conspiracies. ATS is a growing community and we have all heard rumours about are local spooks coming now and again.

I don't want to drive fear into people, i just found it very interesting so i thought i would share it with you. Of course, it can be dangerous investigating certain topics. A lot of people have mysteriously died when investigating the JFK assination. Well hope you enjoy the read and be careful

Here are examples of the dangers of investigating conspiracies. When Gary Wean waged a legal battle against the gangsters who run Ventura County, who are the judges and their cronies, they tried murdering him in his front yard. Gary made a legal motion that obstructed the sale of bonds used to build the County Center (where Dennis was jailed), swindling the taxpayers out of many millions of dollars. Building the County Center was part of a plan to make a killing in real estate and other raids of the public coffers. The weekend before Gary's lawsuit delayed the issuance of revenue bonds, he came home one Saturday night to see a strange car parked near his house. Gary had been a policeman for many years, and his instincts saved his life. The assassin was sneaking into his yard in the twilight, and Gary grabbed his pistol from his car and hid behind a tree. The assassin fired and blew off a tree limb next to Gary's head. Gary returned fire as their car sped away. If they had killed Gary, his lawsuit would have been dismissed on Monday morning, and the revenue bonds would have sold without a hitch.[30] That is one way to deal with gadflies like Gary.

Chronicling mysterious drownings, mysterious plane crashes, a bloody murder of a lawyer and his wife in their bed a few miles from where I was raised, and other dark events, such as the county judges controlling the local drug trade, Gary's book makes for scary reading; but murders are the extreme acts. Bribes, framing people for crimes and scandals, media smears and Kangaroo Court were the more common modus operandi of the conspiracies

link

It hasn't affected me. I have had no X files moments yet. Mainstream view of conspiracy theory is that they are harmless and believers are crazy, which is a useful sociological tool to divide society supposedly along the lines of the rational and irrational. When I speak to people and they know I'm a social scientist researching the veracity, causes appeal and propagation of conspiracy theory they just say "that's interesting. You're a bit quirky"

Plus what about the big conspiracy theorists, Alex Jones, David Icke, Jordan Maxwell etc they are still alive! and it’s not because they are too big to kill that would just be a self justifying principle

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

We really need to defeat our fear of each other and do the right thing. This country is sick at the top and trickling down as they are also trying to spread their illness around the globe. They are currently targeting individual citizens and experimenting and/or using technologies on them while also deploying Cointelpro-like tactics against them even until the target commits suicide. This is our government doing this. They need to be stopped, hopefully peacefully. Please listen to the Targeted Individuals. While many have been fed misinformation, most of what they are saying is true and your government has/is destroying this country (not sure if on purpose or by accident) and also wants to spread this sickness worldwide. We deserve better than this government and the world deserves better. We all need to wake up before it's too late.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
WTF holy bawls. I'm from Ventura County man, everyone always says these judges are the worst and harshest but.... wow. Really an eye opener considering I was born and raised here.
edit on 2-10-2011 by Canned2na because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Mine is locked too...hmmmm....

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

Thanks for the update!

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tonysobrado

I also tend to dismiss much of what is spoon-fed to us and I do not subscribe to the many crazy conspiracies out there, however, our governement has been implicated in, and been caught in, many conspiracies, at all levels. My take on things is this....to prove something exists, you almost have to prove it doesn't exist. You have to debate it from the opposite side and remove all subjective doubt, until all you have left is hard, objective evidence.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Thank for sharing this most interesting article. I am glad Gary was a policeman for so long.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Me too.

The requested resource is currently locked. The lock must be released or proper identification given before the method can be applied.

Anyone care to cut and paste the info?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

i still did not get the correct answer of this issue....

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well this is true, i think it was john lennon, or one of the beatles anyway got assasinated for being a activist and i think maralyn monroe was killed for seeing something or knowing something, nice post

posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Locked for me as well viewing from droid

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Until we learn to accept our responsibility, the fascination with conspiracies will be one more way that we avoid taking responsibility for our lives. Investigating conspiracies or cover-ups can be dangerous business, however.

It's working for me....

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
That was excellent to read, thank you. And it gives me pause because of what I am involved in, which is JFK Truth. I have a video on Youtube about how close observation proves that the Doorway Man in the Altgens photo was Lee Harvey Oswald, and not that other guy Lovelady. This is a major breakthrough that means that nearly everything in the Warren Report is wrong. What would they do to try to stop this from being disseminated? Believe me, I keep my doors locked and my guns loaded. Here's the link to the video on Youtube, which is entitled: Visible Proof That Oswald Was Innocent.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Firsk

You also made a thread on the subject here: New JFK evidence proves Oswald innocent

Quite a few of us were debating over this issue, among others, myself being quite skeptical of your claim as shown in this post in particular. Others were quite skeptical too. But because of this I feel as though I have to ask, why did you only make one post in that thread (the opening post), why not post more and defend your claim and prove us skeptics wrong?

Just curious of course but if you are correct then I imagine you would have little problem proving us wrong..
edit on 15-1-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I downloaded the webpage, I can upload it to mediafire as a .zip if need-be.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

I just tried this link and it is definetly still blocked, so how any info was passed to a few others is a mystery. But why is anyone surprised that the government of gangsters is killing anybody that questions their treason. DUH!

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by pilgrim69

Did you try clicking this one yet?

Originally posted by LestatG
For all those trying to use the old link, a new one was reposted. You can find it here

Peace

It works for me.

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LestatG

I finally got to the link and skimmed thru as fast as I could, before computer time ran out @ library. I knew America was in the hands of traitors, but even I didn't realize how far back it went. Now that I found the site I can come back and finish. Thanks for the brain food. signed Old Dusty Pirate

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join