It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukrainian Super Flu: Real or Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Ukrainian Super Flu: Real or Hoax?

www.aolhealth.com

An outbreak of a type of viral pneumonia has plunged the Ukraine and its neighboring countries into a state of panic. A potentially lethal combination of three different viruses are reported to have mutated into a single pneumonic plague, which is believed to be far more dangerous than swine flu. The death toll has reached 189, and as many as one million people have been infected, most of them within regions of Western Ukraine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
What is interesting to me about this AOL article is that:

1) They never talk about it being a hoax in the article, even though they ask the question in the headline
2) They seem to know now that it is a merging of three viral sources
3) One of the viral sources was the virus used to make the swine flue vaccine.

www.aolhealth.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The title "Super Flu" makes me think of them mini-series The Stand by Stephen King.
Interesting article, why do they question whether or not it's a hoax, then go on to explain scientific details behind the actual "virus?" Although I doubt anything in the Illuminati owned AOL article is true, and I do agree with it being a weapon developed by the Baxter corp. What a strange article. Regardless, thanks for sharing it, I guess it's good to see that somebody is actually talking about it in the MSM.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Is not a Hoax Ukraine is fighting a plague but money interest it hype the whole thing into a big H1N1 mutation killing virus.

Even from the beginning you can see in the new stories that is was all about pneumonia and pneumonia plague but then everything seems to switch to swine flu.

Ukrainian News Agency "Fraza" reported that, according to informed sources, "it has been confirmed 100 % Pneumonia Plague in Ukraine".

The Agency asserts that "the head physician of the medical institutions has sent out an informal disposal - not to sow panic, to refute the information about the plague, and to speak only of swine influenza".

www.kavkazcenter.com...

The whole Ukraine saga has politics and big interest in it, even the samples been tested has been send to Mill hills that is linked to big pharma interest as the results are to match those that best agree with big pharma and this is supposed to be unbiased and transparent, the pursue of scaremongering is going rampant, specially when it has GlaxoSmithKline behind it.

Ukraine is not shy of pneumonic plague, swine flu and seasonal flu, even tuberculosis cases as the health conditions in the nation are very poor.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
2) They seem to know now that it is a merging of three viral sources
3) One of the viral sources was the virus used to make the swine flue vaccine.

Not exactly. The way I read the article is that the Ukraine virus itself is similar to the virus they used in the vaccine. THAT is even more damning in my opinion.

researchers from the Virology Division in the Department of Infectious Diseases state that preliminary genetic sequencing shows that the Ukraine virus is similar to the virus used for production of the pandemic flu vaccine.

Assuming this article is even a little bit accurate, then, wouldn't that mean that vaccine makers had this combination of the three viruses before the Ukraine outbreak??

From another of AOL's articles:

www.aolhealth.com...

Influenza vaccine is produced by growing the virus in eggs. The virus is killed and processed to create the vaccine, which is given by injection under the skin. The body then produces antibodies to the virus over the next two to four weeks. If the immunized person then comes into contact with the influenza virus, the antibodies attack and kill the virus before it has a chance to cause infection. At least, that is the way it is supposed to work.

And Baxter does have a lab in the Ukraine. Oh, and Baxter HAS released vaccines with LIVE viruses in them before, uh, by accident of course.

www.bloomberg.com...

Baxter International Inc. in Austria unintentionally contaminated samples with the bird flu virus that were used in laboratories in three neighboring countries, raising concern about the potential spread of the deadly disease. The contamination was discovered when ferrets at a laboratory in the Czech Republic died after being inoculated with vaccine made from the samples early this month. The material came from Deerfield, Illinois-based Baxter, which reported the incident to the Austrian Ministry of Health, Sigrid Rosenberger, a ministry spokeswoman, said today in a telephone interview. “This was infected with a bird flu virus,” Rosenberger said. “There were some people from the company who handled it.”

[edit on 24/11/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Great information Iamnlyhuman, everywhere you look into and do research unbiased the more links to corruption you find, big money interest behind everything that has to do with the pandemic.

Then you find those that dare to fight you back on your research and resources because they don't match the "reliable sources" financed by interest money that happen to be circulating all over the governments.

Sad, knowledge is power.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I have relatives from Ukraine and according to them, it's anything but a hoax, it's damn real and it's bad.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Thanks for sharing, occur is real and is bad, but the exploitation by big interest on the suffering of the people in that nations is wrong, then the political mess that that nation is experiencing and the cashing out on a national emergency thanks to WHO and the US doesn't help either.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
The number of deaths still seems to be very small for a super flu. Very troubling i imagine if you live in Ukraine but i think it's best to not blow everything out of proportion until more tests have been carried out and the severity of it is known.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Please keep in mind that the pneumonic plague is NOT a viral disease. It's a bacterial illness caused by y. pestis. I am very suspicious of any 'technical' article that overlooks that very basic distinction. Could be a viral pneumonia but it's not plague. Also, viruses can't just combine willy-nilly. Flu viruses can recombine becuase their structures are very similar. But it's highly unlikely that a dissimilar virus combined with the flu virus. There is a great deal of disparity among structures.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
I have relatives from Ukraine and according to them, it's anything but a hoax, it's damn real and it's bad.

Not to be rude, but that doesn't mean anything.

There's people here that think that swine flu is damn real and it's bad... when it's not.

So... We'll see.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You are right I forgot to add that latest report and none of the ones backed by big pharma have the viral pneumonia as the culprit, but also bacterial pneumonia can not be eliminated because when you have influenza bacterial pneumonia tend to take hold and be more damaging on already comprised respiratory system or are suffering from tuberculosis, something that now a days is been call infection of the lungs.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
From what I have been reading it seems that it is not pneumonia, but very similar to the H1N1 used in the vaccine. I don't think that it is a hoax, but I think it is being over hyped. In the Ukraine there are high levels of HIV and TB, which would make it a much more deadly disease. Also during the initial outbreak there many were waiting upwards of a week before seeking medical treatment, and still others opted to try herbal remedies and such.

Considering everything I don't see where this flu outbreak is anything other that what would be expected of an H1N1 outbreak in that area.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Majiq

As I read more into the Ukraine diseases control I see that no only they have problem with Pneumonia plague once in while but also regular pneumunia and the now downplayed, TB.

Actually they have a big problem with lung diseases this will play a big role when it ocmes to swine flu or influenza virus in any form.

Accounting for what it looks to be high incidents of death.

I found this article about TB in Uk.

Tuberculosis reemerges

Tuberculosis, or TB, was once considered to be on track for global eradication, along with smallpox. By the late 1980s, however, a disturbing upswing in the number of new cases was detected worldwide. A report by the World Health Organization released in March 2005 shows the number of new TB cases stabilizing or even declining in most regions of the world, but not in Africa or Eastern Europe. Today:

•Every second, a person is newly infected with TB.

•Around 1/3 of the world’s population—nearly 2 billion people—have TB.

•An active, untreated TB case can infect up to 15 more people each year.

In Ukraine many factors fuel the TB epidemic. The number of TB strains that are resistant to multiple drugs is higher in parts of Eastern Europe than almost anywhere else, making treatment difficult. The rising rates of HIV infection also are beginning to influence the number of new TB cases (TB is the most common opportunistic infection and the leading cause of death among AIDS patients). In addition, the country’s health systems suffered a setback during years of political, social, and economic transition. As a result, TB detection in Ukraine is based on an outdated screening technique—miniature chest x-rays instead of simpler, less expensive lab tests. Finally, infected individuals who do not get treated may pass the disease to others.

So now we can see why the Ukraine is doing so poorly when it comes to viral infections.

path.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I do not know what goes on in Ukraine - however in all Ukrainian neighbors all is quiet. Flu spreads fast, borders are open and nowhere in Poland/Russian federation/Belarus/Moldova/Slovakia/Hungary similar outbreak can be noticed. Reports about Ukrainian outbreak are much older then flu incubation period.
So whatever it is, i am not convinced that it is "super" flu.
Edit: poor grammar....

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Actually their last TB outbrake is been going on since March,

Ukraine rated 5th among 27 countries with the largest spread of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis,

“We have registered the growth of TB infection cases in Ukraine, - commented Ihor Pokanevych, WHO Office Head in Ukraine. – Throughout the last 15 years TB infection in Ukraine doubled. Among the main causes of TB spread in the country are unfavorable socio-economic conditions and growth of HIV/AIDS. Central, south and eastern regions of Ukraine are among the most vulnerable in the country. Also, low awareness of Ukrainians about possible preventive measures is the cause of disease spread. If Ukrainians would turn to doctor upon first symptoms of Tb (lasting cough of more than two weeks, difficult breathing, chest pains, weight loss, fever), this disease would be much easier to fight, since TB is treatable upon its timely treatment”.

www.un.org.ua...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Majiq

As I read more into the Ukraine diseases control I see that no only they have problem with Pneumonia plague once in while but also regular pneumunia and the now downplayed, TB.

Actually they have a big problem with lung diseases this will play a big role when it ocmes to swine flu or influenza virus in any form.

Accounting for what it looks to be high incidents of death.

The information i've seen says 388 deaths and 1.6 million infected, that doesn't seem to be a high incidence of deaths.

If this is a 'super-flu' and as big a threat as the hype deserves then I would expect the death rate to be much higher. Is there some info about this i'm missing?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Chris McGee

They are only counting deaths since the swine flu pandemic and state of emergency started the TB deaths and other viral diseases are not been added at lest no yet, but anything related to pneumonia are also included and they are only from one month.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
as ive stated on all the other ukrain/flu threads, which seem to have gone.

to get a better picture of how much of this is hoax or not, continue (daily) to contac actual ukrains, from all the numerous profile sites out there and ask them.

so far i have contacted about 50 an so far about 15 have replied, none of them back up any of the hysteria so far, or say they are living under martial law

now i know something here stinks none the less, the moshe case for instance but as my research shows, in asking lots of actual ukrains (as i urge all looking into this to do the same) that its largely hysteria, then there still is the interesting question as to why so much hype is thrown up by msm and laternate sites

[edit on 25-11-2009 by neosceptic]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The secrecy pertaining the medical details is obvious. Of course the first thing what comes into the mind is foul play/hoax.
But there might be another reason why :
Maybe the news are purposely discreet to avoid a kind of panic within the common folks.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join