It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean on Jupiter’s moon Europa may harbor 3 mn tons of fish

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

Tsarion is a misled or deceptive fool, IMO. You didn't ask for it, just throwing it out there, not attacking you or anything lol. He views society in familiar light (unaware, ignorant, divided e.c.t) but then espouses astrology as the means one should live thier life by. He chimes the whole "you are God" and other blatantly dark disinformation. He makes a great amateur psychologist, but as a messenger of truth, I believe he obfuscates it.

Europa has been in cosmologist's eyes for some time now. Too bad we are busy waging wars, establishing global control and worried about what Sarah Palin is doing to go there. I think finding some fish in our solar system wouldn't do much to change peoples attitudes and behavior though.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is very interesting, to say the least. I'd love a chance to study a newly discovered ecosystem like this. I'd even settle for reading the field notes and ogling photos.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Too bad we are busy waging wars, establishing global control and worried about what Sarah Palin is doing to go there

That's the sorry state of our world. Too many resources are wasted. It'd be wonderful if the money spent on weapons and Palin's wardrobe was put to better use.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe NASA can bomb it like the moon and see if any
fish float to the surface.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What if the fish evolved into Intelligant Fish People?

If Fish could live there why not other types of Animals?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
A nice video with some stunning shots of the surface of Europa .

An intriguing prospect .

=========================================

This video discusses the proposed mission to Jupiter's moons.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Thanks great vid.We should be a little further along in exploring our own galaxy.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
All of those people who thinks it ok to fly around the universe killing, eating, and enslaving the indiginous life deserves to have that as their life and death.

So you're saying it's okay?

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I recall reading somewhere that - at least to some scientists - it is unlikely that civilization could spring from an aquatic environment because of the limitation of no way to harness fire....

But then, scientists have always had a bad habit of finding it impossible to imagine something they simply can't explain.
Well, we know that a chemical occurs between some elements/compounds that burn underwater. Imagine the reactions that might take place with elements we are unaware of...... or maybe a .......manganese oxide based ocean. Who knows, right?

[edit... meant to say manganese dioxide; not that it matters .5 an iota]

reply to post by bigyin

If that's even partially true, I think that is a job I would do well in.... except for the working on campus thang.

[edit on 18/11/09 by argentus]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

Thanks great vid.We should be a little further along in exploring our own galaxy.

I suppose it all relies, on us keeping it together here on Earth a bit longer .
That fantastic world `out there ` is only possible if, a tremendous amount of people continue to keep pushing that boulder up the hill.

It takes a whole lot of mundane stuff down here , to send a few off world.
===============================================

Exciting Stuff.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Wish I hadn't passed that by the first time, great videos.
from the first video,

Observations with the Hubble Telescope, in 1995, revealed that Europa has a Tenuous Atmosphere composed mostly of Molecular Oxygen (O2).
I like the Celtic-sounding etherial music too. Looking at the first vid, it's easy to imagine.... patterns.

I don't mind hoping that that little gem ups the odds a fraction, of life existing on Europa.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by argentus

Observations with the Hubble Telescope, in 1995, revealed that Europa has a Tenuous Atmosphere composed mostly of Molecular Oxygen (O2).

Hey Argentus.

The following section in the video, spoke of the oxygen being formed as a result of "Radiolysis , the Dissociation of molecules through radiation " . Would that be some kind of cosmic bombardment the surface undergoes ?.

This oxygen being of a non-biological origin , would it be bio-available to humans ? (If that's the correct term to use) .

Its no difficult to imagine exotic extremophiles thriving around hydrothermal vents on Europa.

---------
So if you had a choice between sending humans to Mars or alternatively a plethora of robots to many planets /moons , which would it be ?

Trying to keep a fragile humans alive throughout a mission and get them back in one piece seems to be a serious drain on resources amongst other things imho.

Quite a journey for what was once a simple life form of Earth , ....... no doubt a whole host of other organisms will hitch a ride into space with us .

[edit on 18-11-2009 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 18-11-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I wish the so called "intelligent" life form on this planet, would seriously
work at getting their act together "here" before spreading their disfunctional seed all over the known universe.

Are we really ready?

Are we suitable or relatively stable enough?

Are we really so advanced as a civilization, that we should present our manner of coexistence with each other and with our terra firma, to other life forms?

We are putting this planet in more and more jeopardy every day.
Should we invade yet other life forms with our menacing ways?

Danger, danger !!

We need to "Be here now".
Europa can wait.

[edit on 18-11-2009 by azureskys]

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Great, a new chance to one day watch "Alien Ice Fishers" on Discovery or something... vs. Ice Road Truckers and all.
Except the dangers would be unimaginable... "this lil bugger tazed me with a glance" ...

Amusing nonetheless.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
Well if we do that to another planet... then we deserve to have it done to us.

All of those people who thinks it ok to fly around the universe killing, eating, and enslaving the indiginous life deserves to have that as their life and death.

If a more advanced civilization wants to eat me and there is nothing I can do about it, then fine, eat me. But in the meantime, I'll be enjoying those space lobster.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm tired of NASA and the scientific community assuming life is ONLY beings that need water and oxygen to live.... such a limiting reality!

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm sure the Japanese will be there with their "Research" boat's any time now.

Heaps interesting info, I hope something is found eventually.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
cool post. a mission to europa would be , in my opinion, the most exciting mission we could do in the near future.

an ice covered planet, with who knows what lurking below there.

I posted a while back on a NASa mission which has been proposed but still not got a green light unfortunatly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

S&f for an interesting post OP.

posted on Nov, 18 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Maybe NASA can bomb it like the moon and see if any
fish float to the surface.
oh god, I had to laugh at that!! Lol!!

But imagine how far humans would possibly be, if we weren't pre-occupied with blowing eachother up or hoarding knowledge as a base for power.
If there were other advanced lifeforms in this, or other solar systems this planet would have interspace depots in addition to our current terrestrial transportation systems. And the mysteries we struggle to understand concerning earth and the universe may easily be answered.....all this of course hinging on humans collectively NOT being a destructive, power hungry species and IF other advanced species exist with interstellar travel possible.

posted on Nov, 19 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Nice find man!

So.....fishing trip to Europa anyone??? Ill go in half for gas....or.."fuel"....wait...doesn't element 115 exist? ...who needs fuel!!!!
Nice find though!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join