It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ukraine Outbreak Timeline & Data Thread w/updates.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Hello, this is the first thread I've started here.

I know there are threads on the Swine Flu already. But they seem to begin with the premise of a Conspiracy Theory , and go from there. I believe conspiracies exist and this might be one, but I am not really interested in speculation and rumor about it.

I would like to start a thread where people can upload data relevant to the Ukrainian Swine Flu. Any numbers of hospitalized, dead, infected. Any news updates, press releases, time lines of what happened when, would be awesome.

I would really like to limit speculation and theories, or links to articles written from opinion or rumor. There is little information and I cannot separate the crap from the fact. If an link is posted, can we make sure it has two or more sources, or is from someone who has some form of credibility. And when I say that I don't mean just mainstream, but at least not someone who is questionable as a source.

Is anyone game? I think it's very important to find if anything is true to the rumors.

Edit to add:

I think starting the time line from present day November 15, on forward will suffice.
Numbers and maps would really help. There are people all over the net looking for this info and I think ATS people can get it done.

Let's not try to get panicked, just the facts....then maybe panic.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Very good idea. I have been lurking around that thread for over two weeks now and it has gotten to the point where there is no more data coming in or there are far too many posts to find the data.

S&F I will be keeping a close eye on this thread and hopefully it takes off so the numbers can start telling the story.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

Thanks! I am trying to scour the internet, but it's hard. Many of the Ukrainian websites can't be translated correctly with Web Page Translators. I just want to get to the bottom of it all, conspiracy or not. I hope someone with better research skills than me can start this off right.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I know for a fact that there has been some numbers thrown out in the other thread but it is hard to find them with over 3,600 posts. Hopefully a few of the people find their way here to this thread and give a timeline of numbers.

Once again awesome idea.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

It would appear that the MSM in the UK has picked up and started to run with this story.......finally!

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hey there...Great idea. I started a couple of those threads myself as it is an issue that hits very close to home for me being from this region. I will post any pertinent information here instead of my original threads because you are right, they are conspiracy theories I have put forth. I have spent day and night searching the internet as well as speaking to friends and family in Ukraine and Russia(where I am from) and I have yet been unable to come up with tangible evidence to prove anything. It is my opinion that the government officials are meaning to keep it this way. However, I will continue my research and post anything I hear or read. So far what I know is that there are multiple versions of the flu in this region along with a yet undetermined acute respiratory pneumonia that is compounding with the flu's to kill this hosts. On top of this there are reports by both governments as well as private(my sources living in the area) that there have been many airplanes in the area spraying an unknown agent into the atmosphere. Within days of the flights overhead people got sick with ailments that were not flu like in nature. Now two weeks into it these sicknesses are spreading wildly and causing normal healthy people to fall ill and in some cases die.

Please post any and all links or second hand info here so that we (ATS) can stay on top of this. This may be our chance to make a difference and possibly spread the word of a possible cover-up if that is what is happening.

As I said this hits close to home and I am only one person that has limited time and resources to work this from multiple angles. Everyone's help is greatly appreciated.

LifENcircleS

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LifENcircleS

I know it's tempting but we need to try to avoid speculation about causes and cover ups. It's so easy to get into the conspiracy thing and we've already got that going on elsewhere.
I think the OP was proposing that we report back on any sources of information about the infection rate, it's spread and the nature of the infection itself.
No doubt many sources will be contradictory but it should at least help us get a picture if what is going on.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It seems Ukraine aint the only place anymore, after hearing about pockets of outbreaks in Italy and India, a new video just popped up on youtube, stating it now spread to Canada.

www.youtube.com...

This paints a quite clear picture what's going on i guess.. people need to get warned.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Romekje]

[edit on 15-11-2009 by Romekje]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I would just like this thread to be about the data, if that can be achieved. Very tempting to bring in emotion, but the data is what is important before speculation, I agree.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
mignews.com.ua...

www.kyivpost.com...

www.newsnow.co.uk...

news.google.com...

Here are some links to news sites with stories about the Ukraine out break.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
well, this is a keyword :

украина эпидемия

'ukraine pandemic', then translate it anyhow

here: with google translator:

korrespondent.net...

(they call it californian flu i noted )

here, with google translator :

donbass.ua...

Epidemic in Ukraine took 299 lives. Ill - million 364 thousand people
15.11.2009 22:01

The number of deaths from flu and colds (as well as from complications - pneumonia) in Ukraine has increased to 299 people - these are the data of Ministry of Health on 15 November. Over the last day the disease took 17 lives.

Total in the country since the beginning of the epidemic of influenza (and conventional, and "pork") was recorded 1 364 939 cases (of which 17 401 - Only in the last day). Hospitalized 75 862 (from the beginning of the epidemic), and the last day - 2 489 people. In the intensive care unit is 354 patients. Forty-five - on mechanical ventilation.

In the Donets Basin in the last day ill 1 336 people (all from the beginning of the epidemic - 74 831). Hospitalized on Nov. 15 214 ill, six people are in intensive care.

Today in the Donbass fourteen people died in the last day - three of them.

Meanwhile, teachers in some schools in Donetsk today telephoned parents and warned that children were preparing to leave the quarantine nobyarya 23. However, in the "Day X" every child must be in possession of a gauze bandage (interesting, and dine in the dining room, they will also wear masks?).

At the same time, physicians have not given "a visual signal" at the beginning of the learning process.

www.rosbalt.ru...

WHO is concerned that the Ukrainians have ceased to be afraid of the epidemic
www.razma.ruIndeks.DirektKIEV, November 13.

World Health Organization (WHO) is concerned that the panic in the Ukraine on the outbreak of swine flu slowed down. As the correspondent of "Rosbalt about this at a press conference at the Ministry of Health of Ukraine, said the head of WHO's mission in Ukraine Jukka Buk-gu.

"Pandemic can not be stopped. It can be slow. We see that there is evidence that confirm the spread of the epidemic in Ukraine from west to east, and, according to the findings of our epidemiologists, the cause of further spread of influenza, including may be that the panic dissipated, "- said Buk-gu.

At the same time, he appreciated the introduction of quarantine in the Ukraine.

In turn, the WHO clinical expert Simon Mardel has not responded to journalists' question whether the mask is saved from the epidemic and not better in this case to use scuba and mask.

"Gas mask not necessary to use in any case. According to the protocol of WHO, priority group for the use of masks are doctors who have close contact with patients ... They should use precautions, including - to wear masks. The second group of people - the ones who have symptoms even in mild form. If they go out into the street and will communicate with people, we recommend that they wear masks ... But in fact the evidence, the WHO, is whether the mask is an advantage or not, we are not wearing a mask ... well, it reminds of the precautions, "- said Mardel.

At the same time, First Deputy Minister for Health Vasyl Lazorichinets commented on the absence of masks in pharmacies: "The masks have to appear in Ukraine in the near future. 29 countries provide us with humanitarian assistance.

Also, according to Lazorishina, only the last day "unfortunately, we lost 26 people and 239 in general ... at the moment we have 1 million 250 thousand patients ... for the last day 61 thousand people became ill from acute respiratory diseases, influenza and pandemic influenza. However, the WHO estimates that prevails is just pandemic influenza.

"At the end of next week we will issue a report when the mission completes its work here", - said in conclusion, Buk-gu.

As is known, 30 October Cabinet imposed quarantine in 9 regions in the epidemic of influenza, and later restrictive quarantine measures were introduced in Kiev and 7 other areas. The same day the Cabinet introduced a ban on holding public events and extended vacations in educational institutions for 3 weeks.

12 October, President Victor Yushchenko proposed cancel quarantine in areas where the incidence has decreased below the epidemic threshold.

[edit on 15-11-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
WARNING WARNING WARNING !

OK, HERE WE GO, after half an hour digging, i found out they do kind of stuff, named: 'AIR DESINFECTION' there !!!

the warning in ukrainian says:

"ВНИМАНИЕ: Сегодня ночью санитарноепидемиологична служба будет проводить дезинфекцию воздуха в городе Ивано-Франковске.
Рекомендовано позакривати вікна і не виходити на двір до ранку завтрішнього дня. Рекомендовано позакриваты окна и не выходить на улицу до утра завтрашнего дня. Можливі алергічні реакції при потраплянні дезінфектора в дихальні шляхи. Возможны аллергические реакции при попадании дезинфектора в дыхательные пути. . "

translated by goog: to ucrainian/russian/english:

Tonight sanitarnoepidemiologichna office will conduct disinfection of air in the city of Ivano-Frankivsk.
Recommended to close all windows and do not go outside until the morning tomorrow. Possible allergic reactions when hit disinfectant in the respiratory tract.

they spraying something !!!! AIR DISINFECTION ???????????????????

poor people !

[edit on 15-11-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
MORE ON UKRAINE 'AIR DESINFECTION'

В городе Тернополь прошлой ночью на улицах проводили дезинфекцию с воздуха. Об этом в комментарии Gazeta.ua рассказал ректор Тернопольского педагогического университета Владимир Кравець.
По его словам, о таком предохранительном мероприятии ему сообщили в милиции.

“В среду поздно вечером ко мне звонит по телефону солидный человек. Работает в милиции. Говорят - "Вы на ночь закройте все окна. Потому что Тернополь ночью будут обрызгивать и з самолетов специальным раствором. В городе - тиф”, - рассказал Кравець.

G- TRANSLATION:

In the city of Ternopil last night on the streets of disinfection was carried out with air. This is the commentary Gazeta.ua told the rector Ternopol Pedagogical University, Vladimir Kravets.
According to him, such a pressure-relief event he was told by the police.

"Late Wednesday evening to see me on the phone a solid man. Works in the militia. They say - "You are at night, close all windows. Because Ternopil night will spray planes with a special solution. In the city - fever, - said Kravets

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
geez, i would better not started, wtf have to work tomorrow !

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
So we have approx.:

1 million 364 thousand people infected as of November 15 (yesterday).

Deaths in Ukraine estimated 299.

Approx. 76,000 people hospitalized.

Approx 350 in intensive care.

45 on ventilation.

And

"In the Donets Basin in the last day ill 1 336 people (all from the beginning of the epidemic - 74 831). Hospitalized on Nov. 15 214 ill, six people are in intensive care."

Well I'm sure more died today, and by the time I wake up. More infected. If anyone has recent daily numbers, can they please add them, thanks.W.H.O. is not on it, they are way behind reporting anything on their site.

And thanks for linking the source articles.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
here's a good link - hisz.rsoe.hu...

be sure to click on the links at this page, especially situation update.......

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by prjct

Good find. Situation update for today says doctors are claiming 100% pneumonic plague. To me this is enough for me to finally believe there is another virus in Ukraine, not just H1N1.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
So is this situation worked itself out or what? haven't seen this thread move for awhile.

top topics

join