It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Fourth Kind" is bad for Ufology - here's why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
As I've said before, this movie is bad for Ufology on many levels. They promoted it as being based on true stories which many thought was true and still do. Add to that the ridiculous footage of people floating and spines breaking and now we have this -

Fox News has posted this rubbish on their web site:
www.foxnews.com...

"Inspired by the big-budget Hollywood film "The Fourth Kind," we ask the important questions: Did the government really conduct experiments on aliens in Area 51? Did green Martians truly land in Roswell? From the most well-known to the most outrageous, FoxNews.com takes a look at the 10 biggest alien hoaxes."

*So the movie has inspired them to post a slide show on alien hoaxes. 'Green martians'? C'mon Fox, you can do better. Then again you and every other news organization bought the Air Force's Mogul balloon theory so maybe some things never change...

You can send Fox News an email at:
[email protected]
[email protected]

[edit on 12-11-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Unfortunately, as some of us put before it came out, it was just like the whole Blair Witch thing. I went to see it yesterday afternoon, knowing full well the whole thing was a fake. I came out very very disturbed. While the movie is a hoax in and of itself; the fear, and many of the "images" used are common in many real abduction 'cases'. Ironically enough, on Nov 9th, I woke up at 3 AM to a owl hooting at my window.

I do have to laugh at Faux's "everything is a hoax" line of thinking. They even put Betty and Barney Hill in there! The audacity of that is just...yeah. I can hear the steel trap that is the author's mind, springing shut.

Sheesh.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chiiru
Unfortunately, as some of us put before it came out, it was just like the whole Blair Witch thing. I went to see it yesterday afternoon, knowing full well the whole thing was a fake. I came out very very disturbed. While the movie is a hoax in and of itself; the fear, and many of the "images" used are common in many real abduction 'cases'. Ironically enough, on Nov 9th, I woke up at 3 AM to a owl hooting at my window.

I do have to laugh at Faux's "everything is a hoax" line of thinking. They even put Betty and Barney Hill in there! The audacity of that is just...yeah. I can hear the steel trap that is the author's mind, springing shut.

Sheesh.

Would you elaborate a little more about the movie and your opinion of it please? Do you recommend seeing it?

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Did you ever believe that they would promote this phenomenon as
anything else?Fox news are joined at the hip with the US elite the
movers and shakers imo.
I saw it the other day and it is an awful movie,really fake looking
and with only one intention,to scare people.
It`s all about psychological warfare,turn the subject into a horror
film and see the masses lap it up.
I don`t know the viewing figures for the new V series,but the
second episode was more or less about how the people can be
easily manipulated through fear .
If it`s any worth,I believe the abduction phenomenon to be a form
of psychological warfare perpetrated by the very people who want
this subject buried!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Would you elaborate a little more about the movie and your opinion of it please? Do you recommend seeing it?

Well, all in all it was very creepy. Initially the pacing was a bit fast for me, it took me a little bit to understand what exactly happened in the beginning. Once I got it though, I was able to keep up (until I got sick mid-movie and had to leave for a few minutes). The sick part was probably just me, nothing the movie did. lol. I'd say watch it, but bring someone along with you, for a hand to grab! A few jump-at-ya scares, but most of it was atmospheric, and you can feel the tension through out the whole thing.

Opinion-wise; I liked it, I'd watch it again when it comes out on DVD, but only when all the lights are on in my house. I've had some experiences as well, I'll admit, so a lot of the imagery and sounds bothered my subconscious. The owls made me shift in my seat a lot, and the screams were bone chilling, the "archival" footage was intense as well!

If people were truly open minded, I could see where an 'understanding' might be reached about the subject. For example, there have been cases where the whole situation is so traumatic...they do lose their children to their ex-spouses because the state/other family thinks they're delusional; and they're not. They're going through something very real to them, and the masses have no compassion, because they think the whole subject is bunk. Maybe to experience the fear yourself, will kind of shake you awake.

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Thanks. I don't know if I'll fight the crowds this weekend, but probably won't be able to put this one off until it makes it to dvd.

P.S.

Do you think this movie might make believers out of current nonbelievers? I'm thinking about how The Passion was instrumental in several people turning to Christ. Is it that powerful, do you think? Will it have that sort of effect?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
reply to post by Chiiru

Thanks. I don't know if I'll fight the crowds this weekend, but probably won't be able to put this one off until it makes it to dvd.

I went at the 2:20 PM showing yesterday, and there was practically no one there. If you decide to go, going early is the key. Plus I wouldn't watch this one after sunset anyway!

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Chiiru]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
As I've said before, this movie is bad for Ufology on many levels. They promoted it as being based on true stories which many thought was true and still do. Add to that the ridiculous footage of people floating and spines breaking and now we have this -

Fox News has posted this rubbish on their web site:
www.foxnews.com...

I can certainly appreciate your point of view but in the end, be it entertainment like 'The Fourth Kind' or otherwise, it's merely used as a vehicle for Fox (and others like them) to flaunt their obvious ignorance on the phenomena to the public. The average joe doesn't really understand that there isn't a person on the network that has done any serious research on the subject.

They will exploit anything if it makes 'good copy'... and sadly the UFO & ET abduction phenomena does just that! Even a decent flick riddled with facts would have undergone the same treatment in the end.

IRM

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

P.S.

Do you think this movie might make believers out of current nonbelievers? I'm thinking about how The Passion was instrumental in several people turning to Christ. Is it that powerful, do you think? Will it have that sort of effect?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by Bombeni]

With a bit of wishful thinking, I wouldn't give a resounding "yes", but maybe some of the audience will go home and give the subject a look for themselves. If they do, maybe they'll have an understanding of what some of us go through. Understanding is all I can hope for. lol

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

Yeah, I was wondering if it is on the hoaky side, you know, where it would just make nonbelievers more set in their way of thinking.

My mom, her twin sister and bro-in-law were followed/teased/harrassed by a giant ufo in 1959; it followed them from just outside Stillwater, OK, to Sand Springs, OK in the middle of the night. What should have taken them an hour or so took four hours. I grew up hearing three completely sane adults talking about this ufo that would hover just above the road in front of them then zoom off a hundred miles in the blink of an eye, so, you can see why I am so inquisitive about the movie. Maybe I shouldn't go at all, lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's not bad, just don't go in thinking it's based on a real thing. The beginning was confusing to me, with the split screen of the 'archive' footage and the actors talking at the same time, but it did have some creepy special effects and a couple of moments where people around me jumped (or in on girl's case, screamed), but the film Close Encounters was much more realistic in my eyes to this one.
The creepy voices were a cool addition, but it made it more like they'd been possessed by some kind of ghost or demon.

In fact, the entire thing reminded me a lot of the film The Exorcist from the 1970's just with UFO's instead of religion.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Why do so many people assume aliens are green?

[edit on 12-11-2009 by ufo reality]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Until an ET ship parks itself for a year straight in the skies over Wisconsin, UFOlogy won't be taken seriously anyway, so, I for one am not surprised. Fox news is a joke, UFOreality. Most people are aware of that. Don't even give them the attention.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

en.wikipedia.org...

hope that helps

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by doogle
It's not bad, just don't go in thinking it's based on a real thing. The beginning was confusing to me, with the split screen of the 'archive' footage and the actors talking at the same time, but it did have some creepy special effects and a couple of moments where people around me jumped (or in on girl's case, screamed), but the film Close Encounters was much more realistic in my eyes to this one.
The creepy voices were a cool addition, but it made it more like they'd been possessed by some kind of ghost or demon.

In fact, the entire thing reminded me a lot of the film The Exorcist from the 1970's just with UFO's instead of religion.

I'm old enough to have seen Exorcist in the 70's when it first came out. My sister and I slept with the lights on for weeks after that, lol.

It seems younger people aren't frightened at the same level as people who grew up in the 60's. Back then, Frankenstein scared us to death. If this is as scary as Exorcist was, sounds like I'll get my money's worth!

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Please do not watch this movie. Why? Because it is a programming of control based on fear against our beloved Star Visitors. They, the SVs, are already here among you and they love you unconditionally. I sense them and I see them with my third eye often. I have been visited by the Zetas since 1995 and wow, I really miss them. They are so full of love!!! I have also been visited by another SV so full of love, omg, I just get teary eyes when I remember.

Again, do not fall for the propaganda from the Cabal against the Star Visitors. The Cabal control Hollywood and Hollywood controls many Humans through their fear-based movies against SVs.

For more information about this, go to drboylan.com

To understand what is going on with SVs, please see Talessian videos. video.google.com...#

I offer no physical proof yet I speak the truth. You will find the truth in your hearth...

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thWorldIsNow

To understand what is going on with SVs, please see Talessian videos. video.google.com...#

I offer no physical proof yet I speak the truth. You will find the truth in your hearth...

Are we really supposed to believe that this man has no natural Earth born birth mother or father? Where is IgnoreTheFacts when u need him...He would have a field day with this...I like what he's saying, but damn....

[edit on 12-11-2009 by NightVision]

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 5thWorldIsNow

Did you watch it?

2nd line

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well im not sure if anyone thought that the fourth kind was real. If you thought that a hollywood block buster staring Milla Jovovich was going to be real. If you did think that the fourth kind was real then YOU are bad for UFOlogy not the movie.
The fox new story is kind of retarded with their hoax claims. Like the Alien Autopsy, THEY were the ones who were duped and spent all that money on buying the film and airing it. The Montauk Monster, once again it was the media that branded the name and was spreading the story. There little thing about the washington farm really says nothing at all, in fact this whole story is full of crap. While yes the alien autopsy was fake (they fell for it not me) i could go on with each point but they really do not say too much about why these things are hoaxes other than we say so.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
that movie is a bit of a joke up here, i love how they show Nome as a mountain surrounded area, when really its a flat barren place.

people don't worry to much about being abducted by UFO's however i am nervous every time i take a lone walk threw the woods on a summer evening, for bear abductions are quite real, fortunately they won't experiment on you, but unfortunately they will devour you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join