It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Where did al Qaeda come from? Who, what organized them, trained them, funded them. whats the history?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Not to be rude but couldnt google give you that info ? Just saying.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Not really, that is it would give me lots of stuff, most of which I would have to weed through. I came here to get real answers from the ats crew..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

A lot of people say that Al Queda started as a direct result of CIA involvement in Afghanistan during the Russian occupation in the 80's.

It is certainly a fact the Osama bin Laden fought in that theatre.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Thanks, looking for info pertaining to him and the cia also. Related to Sibel edmonds..

Good links thou..

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

I have just finished reading Morgan Spurlock's Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden?

It's a greater starter book if you want some insight into the problems of the Middle East.
Also if you are wondering why a lot of Muslims hate America and Britain so much.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Al Qadea is, at its top levels, run by a few governments of the world.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Bin Laden was, though, a product of a monumental miscalculation by western security agencies. Throughout the 80s he was armed by the CIA and funded by the Saudis to wage jihad against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. Al-Qaida, literally "the database", was originally the computer file of the thousands of mujahideen who were recruited and trained with help from the CIA to defeat the Russians. Inexplicably, and with disastrous consequences, it never appears to have occurred to Washington that once Russia was out of the way, Bin Laden's organisation would turn its attention to the west.

this is from a Robin Cook Guardian article of Friday 8 July 2005, and caused quite a stir at the time. No one in any position of authority had previously linked Al-Quaida to the west. I read somewhere that he was going to say more on the subject, can't find the reference just now, but will look further.

I highlighted the al-quaida bit.

He died a month later, on a Scottish mountainside of a heart attack.

www.guardian.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join