It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wobble Is Real !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I just confirmed that something really is happening. My buddy who is in the Merchant Marines is really getting worried. He can not find the moon where it is suposed to be. The fish are getting screwed up in their spauning habbits because of it.

I'll keep you posted, but in the mean time look for yourself.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
energy_wave, you mean the moon has changed orbit or something?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
What about the moon and the polar ice caps? why are they movin and is it a *real* big problem?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The moon is tracked nightly by several proffesional astronomers and thousands of amatuer ones.

The moon is right where it should be. Someone must not be accounting for altitude or horizon level.

This nonsense is all over ATS lately and just plain wrong.

Please post scientific data to back your claims. This includes altitude, longetude (down to the second), latitude (down to the second), nearby geological features, and any abnormal atmospheric occurances. A data spread over time as well as any other details of measurement would be great.

Oh, and thanks for starting at least the 3rd thread on this bogus claim.

I'll get you data proving the moon is in place asap.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
well i have to say that im currently sitting on the "what the # are you on about" fence, how can the moon be in a different place
science isn't my strong point btw, so don't get all techinical on me

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It could be if several thigns happened. Including the moon shifts orbit, the earth's rotational speed changes, or many other astrolgical things. However, the moon is in the right place.

Ok, here is how YOU can tell for YOURSELF.

Go to this site and enter your information. Then get to the highest point you can. Watch for the moon rise.

If you can make out features on the horizon, live near mountains, or its at all cloudy within 500 miles this will effect the time. If you are not at sea level or better yet on the ocean out of sight of land, this will also effect the time.

See for yourself that the moon is still where it should be.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Quest]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Read my first post above. My buddy doesn't bull # me. He is very worried. 50 some years in the merchant marines tracking stars to find fish, etc. This last encounter with the moon he was in the verrazano narrows on a half million dollar privet boat fishing for the big ones.

I don't need a scientist to tell me I'm wrong. My buddy is a pro at tracking the moon and stars.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
The moon is tracked nightly by several proffesional astronomers and thousands of amatuer ones.

The moon is right where it should be. Someone must not be accounting for altitude or horizon level.

This nonsense is all over ATS lately and just plain wrong.

Have you seen the moon in its proper recently? If not you have no business telling energy_wave that he is wrong.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by jrod]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Have you seen the moon in its proper recently? If not you have no business telling energy_wave that he is wrong.

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by jrod]

Yes, i checked after the first thread about this. I also verrified with my friends at my alma matter observatory and a few amatuer astronomers.

So then I do have business saying it is wrong.

Energy_wave... I'm not calling your friend a liar... i'm just saying they are wrong. Maybe they have bad charts, aren't accounting for long/lat or horizon levels. I couldn't say why they are wrong, just that they are.

This not only has the moon been verrified that it is in the correct orbit, but nightly thousands of amatuer astronomers verrify it.

This doesn't even have room for a conspiracy to exist since it verrifiable not only by thousands of people from all walks of life all over the world, but YOU can see for yourself. Just avoid mistakes like not accounting for all your surroundings while checking.

This isn't Area 51 or a small dark asteroid people, its the frigin moon. You aren't barred from getting your own data or being kept away from something. Just make sure you take your measurments correctly. This is just mistakes or misunderstandings, thats it.

GO SEE FOR YOURSELF.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Another useful site to confirm (or not) that the Moon is in the "right" place is here

I've noticed nothing unuasual myself, incidentally, but will watch with interest and report back either way.

One thing that *might* be worth keeping an eye on is the transit of Venus across the Sun on 8th June 2004 (weather permitting, of course!!
)

For more information, do a google search or use this site . The precision stated for this event here should confirm whether there are any anomalies with the *Earth's" orbit around the Sun and that of Venus, of course. Eliminate those, and we only have to focus on the Moon?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Odd, the tides are still running fine down here.

What are you proposing here, if the moonrises were changing due to a change in the rotation speed of the Earth, then the length of the days would also be changing.

If you are proposing the moon is rising at a different time as its orbit is speeding/slowing, then the moon would need to have moved closer or further away from Earth. As such its apparent size as viewed from earth would also be changing.

Pretty hard for this to happen without everybody noticing.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Moon changes orbit?
No big deal, right?
I mean how much damage can the changing of the moons orbit cause?
Messes up the tide but heck, I dont live near water.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eternal
Moon changes orbit?
No big deal, right?
I mean how much damage can the changing of the moons orbit cause?
Messes up the tide but heck, I dont live near water.

It would wipe out most life on earth. The currents would change, most sea life would die. The earth would lose its temperature control (the currents) and we'd start to have an ice age. Costal life would die, O2 levels would drop.

That is if it was a drastic or fast change. If it is gradual like it is now (the moon is slowly escaping orbit) there are no ill effects.

But a fast change would probably end humanity or at lest cut our numbers by billions and destroy a lot of moder society.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I still don't know what the # you are all on about, i'll think i will just sit back and have another beer.

If the moon has changed orbit, what would happen???

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Well, i'm not worried. The moons moving away from earth anyway.

If the change is gradual than what is everybody worried about?

[Edited on 19-5-2004 by Eternal]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Not really sure what is spawning all these threads on the moon going off on a tangent, but:

Regarding these threads:
Moon Orbit Is Wrong! Rises Flat @ 120 Degrees & 52 Mn.
Moon rises late AGAIN!
and this thread,
all appear to be nothing more than board-thrashing.

Our Moon seems to be right where it is supposed to be. I know, I checked and rechecked.

If our moon glitched even the smallest bit,
�muslims (+other lunar-centric religions) around the world would go absolutely nuts.

Even the professional astronomers would put in their two bits,
�_long_ before ATS had a chance.

In light of the recent bandwidth guidelines,
�I would hope these unfounded point-fests get locked down.
That said, if someone ever did notice anything and provided ordinary >verified< measurements,
�this subject would then be of interest.

Until then, go fishing or find something else constructive to do.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Scientists no longer waver on Earth's wobble

www.cnn.com...

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
That wobble stuff is neat. But thats probably due to the oceans. What does the moon thing have to do with the wobble?

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
That wobble stuff is neat. But thats probably due to the oceans. What does the moon thing have to do with the wobble?

As the polar ice melts it's mass moves down towards the equator. The chandlers wobble worsens. As the earth wobbles the moon appers out of place.

I thought you knew all this stuff. You can believe what you want but I trust my friend.

Like I said before, when controversal information is posted disinfo people get on this board and try to discredit those seeking the truth.

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teknik
Not really sure what is spawning all these threads on the moon going off on a tangent, but:

Well actually, that is part of the reason I ended up coming to this site, I heard about it on Rumor mill news. And while I was searching around for info, I found this place

But I never posted about it cause I knew it was a bunch of hoey. If the moon was all screwy the tides would be too and well, just all kinds of freaky stuff would be going on, but thats what got me here. I was kind of following the rumor trail and somehow saw a link to here and got sidetracked...and gee...I never left...LOL

<<   2 >>

join