It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority of Finns won't take the flu shot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
www.iltalehti.fi...

In one of the leading newspaper's websites they have going a gallup over whether or not you are going to take the shot, and to my surprise its currently 72% saying no.

Public awareness seems far greater in europe over the dangers associated to swine flu then in USA for instance.

To give another evidence of this is that Swizerland have acknowledged the health issues caused by the vaccine, and won't be giving it to pregnant mothers.
www.iltalehti.fi...

[edit on 30-10-2009 by above]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I consider myself as guilty of not taking the remedy

I already had a flu, which might have been swine one (not sure tho, never went to a doc for diagnostics), since I live in the area where there has been quite many reports of it. It wasn't that bad, lasted about two weeks, began with high(ish) fever and soar throat, then the goo and cough period, but now I am fine.

-v

[edit on 30-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I can't understand anything apart from numbers in your links, any translations ??

All i ever hear is swine flu these days and folk are just lining up to get their shots no questions asked .. "the tv says i have to get it and there isn't much vaccine left because of a shortage of eggs so i'll get mine straight away like a good citizen" isn't freedom wonderful (or is that feardom??)

Regards

satellite1

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by satellite1

Originally posted by satellite1
I can't understand anything apart from numbers in your links, any translations ??

I can translate it but I won't. Instead, to demonstrate the power of Google, I let it translate it for you - how hard it is to copy paste it to google translator by yourself?

I have made some small edits that are between []-marks to make it bit more readable.

Swiss authorities, the vaccine is not given to pregnant, children under 18 years of age and not more than 60 years of age. Swiss medical institution Swissmedic has restricted the use of influenza vaccine, because of its impact on pregnant women and children who do not have enough information. [In] Finland Pandemrix vaccine was selected because the other would not be received in time for this autumn vaccination. Finnish authorities, according to the possible side effects are usually minor annoyance compared to the benefits of the vaccine.

Have you taken the vaccine?

Have you taken a sikainfluessarokotteen[swine flu vaccine], or if someone close to you received the vaccine? Did vaccination symptoms?

Tell us how to vaccination appeared. Leave your contact information, if the supplier [reporter] can not interview you.

Google Translate

There - it's not perfect tho. Somehow Google translator understood reporter as supplier and few other "minor" flaws

Nevertheless, with some imagination, one can easily use google translation and still get the idea what the article is about.

-v

[edit on 30-10-2009 by v01i0]

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Little correction, it doesn't ask wheter or not you're taking the shot. It asks "is the hype about swine flu exaggerated?".
I for one wont be taking the shot and just read an article about finnish top sports people not taking the shot either.

Finnish link www.iltalehti.fi...

[Edit] CORRECTION for some reason my page showed the same poll twice. There is actually 2 polls there and the first one is what I said above. The second one is what the OP said and the translation is correct.

Current status:
Hype poll: 81% yes / 19% no
Take the shot poll: 30% yes / 70% no

[edit on 30/10/2009 by PsykoOps]

join