It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Somebody may have caught it and cut it's dorsal fin off for sale later, then threw it back and another, bigger shark came along and took a bite out of it.

Peace

I like this answer the most since it is missing a fin.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mtok7

Fossils are not an exclusive of hard materials, so although not very clear, fossils of Carcharodon Megalodons have been found, confirming their existence.

But teeth are relatively common, and I have one (although broken, but I found it like that) that I like to post every time I can.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

If you look more or less at the size of the mouth of the 3.5 meter shark, the one that bit him must have been at least 7 meters long. At LEAST....

That's a big one....

[edit on 29-10-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If it is a shark it has to be pretty darn big.
But yea a Megalodon would likely be able to swallow a Great White Shark whole or close to it im guessing.

[edit on 2-11-2009 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It's easy to check if it's an Orca or White. Their teeth are completely different and the bite mark they leave would show that obvious difference.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Found this - Orca -vs- Great White
No guesses who came out victorious

tO

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hey guys this is my first post here although have been a member for sometime, usually just browse as there is alot to read on here

I was wondering if anyone knew anymore info about this story? I have looked through the web quite a bit but seem to just get the same story over and over. I was wondering if it had been confirmed that a bigger Great White was the culprit for the bite on this smaller one? And what sort of size they reckon it would be as surely they have had a chance to measure the bite radius and work out an approx size?

Oh and Armap love the tooth, where did you find that?

Xeno

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by XENOMORPH83

I found it in the middle of the town where I live, Almada, some 200 metres from where I live, in a place where they were making the foundations for a building. As they found a spring and had to stop their work for some time (more than an year, if my memory is correct), that was a place where kids would go to play, and soon we heard about fossils being found there.

We (me, my sister and a friend of mine) found several fossils there, but the best one was that tooth that I found.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I recently watched a documentary here in the UK about a Great White being attacked and killed by an Orca. It initially charges the the shark head butting it in it's side, then, whilst the shark is semi concussed the Orca turns the shark on to it's back where by the shark goes into a catatonic state and eventually suffocates. In this particular case the Orca only ate the sharks liver.

Looking at those bite marks I would tend to believe, this particular Great White was victim to a far more mature, and hungry, relative, although I'm not sure what the stats are for like on like attacks within the Great White community.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Ok thanks for that Armap, wish i had Megalodon teeth on my doorstep haha, Might get one someday. Well i hope the shark that attacked this little one proves to be bigger than 21 foot as that seems to be the recognised bench mark to beat at the moment.

Xeno

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

top topics

<< 1   >>

join