It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterrestrials have a larger impact on society than we realize.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
As if the reptilian theory was not enough now we can all witness how the owl grey theory was born.
Reall though what is your point? Owls remind you of Greys because they have big eyes.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Nice thread. And I get where you're coming from - Owls have been venerated since Ancient Greece for wisdom despite not being wise, so where did they get the association from? If it is anything to do with the modern day phenomenon of having screen memories of owls replacing actual memories of alien encounters, then the implication is that the Wise Owl, without us realising it, is an icon of continuing alien contact since perhaps the beginning of civilisation.

So what of other mythological creatures that we have retained from the past, where or what do they originate from? Unicorns, vampires, werewolves, mermaids? If the book The Sirius Mystery is to be believed, the myth of merpeople comes straight from the visit of amphibious humans from Sirius. And the theme of clowns so many of us find creepy comes from the actual dress code of the Little People who live in the shadows of our reality.

All the above is pure speculation, but great thread for getting us to think in unusual ways about these things.

One last thought is what Graham Hancock called therianthropes in his recent book about pschotropics and ancient cave paintings. He argued that half human and half animal entities can be perceived in altered states, and that this is what the ancients drew on the cave walls, and what the Egyptians depicted in their mythology. It could also be the source for the owl motif throughout history.

The_Truth818, thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by akkad
then the implication is that the Wise Owl, without us realising it, is an icon of continuing alien contact since perhaps the beginning of civilisation.

Thank you. That's exactly what I was trying to say!! You see, now we're getting somewhere. Thanks to everyone who added pictures, info, and links. It feels like we're building a case here.

And to zaiger, your just mad because you didn't think of it first.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth818

Not really anyone could bang something like this out. But the whole wise owl thing as far as i know is only associated with roman and western folklore. Glaucus or the owl of athena was thought to be smart because they could fly through the forest at night without running into anything. In greek mythology however Strix (an owl) was thought to be more like a vampire. Paupueo the owl god in hawaiian mythology used owls as a weapon. In Hebrew folklore the Owl represents blindness is not Kosher. I could go on and on but more cultures though of the owl as something bad rather than being wise. Probably becuase the are in which they lived would probably have lots of little skeletons.

I was sitting in my biology class today and i thought, gee you know what? Greys must have a larger impact on society that we all realized because dolphins are grey like aliens. In the amazon they are though to be shape shifters called Encantado (just like the reptilians). And in greek mythology they are always helping man. Look all these myths about dolphins the Greys really must have an impact if we have all these stories about dolphins.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Not really anyone could bang something like this out. But the whole wise owl thing as far as i know is only associated with roman and western folklore. Glaucus or the owl of athena was thought to be smart because they could fly through the forest at night without running into anything. In greek mythology however Strix (an owl) was thought to be more like a vampire. Paupueo the owl god in hawaiian mythology used owls as a weapon. In Hebrew folklore the Owl represents blindness is not Kosher. I could go on and on but more cultures though of the owl as something bad rather than being wise. Probably becuase the are in which they lived would probably have lots of little skeletons.

I was sitting in my biology class today and i thought, gee you know what? Greys must have a larger impact on society that we all realized because dolphins are grey like aliens. In the amazon they are though to be shape shifters called Encantado (just like the reptilians). And in greek mythology they are always helping man. Look all these myths about dolphins the Greys really must have an impact if we have all these stories about dolphins.

I wasn't only saying they were wise but also that they were a bad omen. But yes, there are going to be cultures that have different views on the same animal. If we have different views on the same god, then why wouldn't we on a creature we can actually see? But the fact still remains that the belief that owls are wise as well as evil creatures (and some societies believe both) is very widespread in a time where mass communication and transportation was really non-existent. So tell me, how is it that this idea can be found all over the world with no one to spread the word? It's very strange to say the least.

Nice comeback by the way.
But I wasn't automatically trying to link aliens with owls. It just turned out that way the more I looked things up. And as you can see from other posts and links that were posted, I'm not the only one. More things are starting to coincide. It's a fresh idea so don't try and discredit it with your negativity. I've looked on other threads and you tend to do that a lot.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

wasn't only saying they were wise but also that they were a bad omen. But yes, there are going to be cultures that have different views on the same animal. If we have different views on the same god, then why wouldn't we on a creature we can actually see? But the fact still remains that the belief that owls are wise as well as evil creatures (and some societies believe both) is very widespread in a time where mass communication and transportation was really non-existent. So tell me, how is it that this idea can be found all over the world with no one to spread the word? It's very strange to say the least.

which societies believe they are wise? which societies believe that they are evil and wise?
If you look into any animal you can them in mythology and the cultures will view them as good or bad. Snakes,dolphins,bats i could go on. The link with aliens thing is kinda tacked on. I still fail to see how ETs have a larger imapct on society that we realize.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Must I go over everything again? I'm growing tired of having to repeat myself. But, for the sake of argument......
Your simplifying it by saying good or bad. It's really wise and evil. That's pretty specific. And again, in a time where mass communication didn't exist how is this possible. Normally the belief of an animal isn't consistent from culture to culture, continent to continent, or century to century. Beliefs about this animal date back to caveman drawings. That's a long time. This bird is almost as old as the dinosaurs. So if an idea about this animal can stay afloat for that long, there's got to be something more to it.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

which societies believe they are wise? which societies believe that they are evil and wise?
If you look into any animal you can them in mythology and the cultures will view them as good or bad. Snakes,dolphins,bats i could go on. The link with aliens thing is kinda tacked on. I still fail to see how ETs have a larger imapct on society that we realize.

It depends on the extraterrestrials. If extraterrestrials were visiting our planet and they were benevolent and our society was not, then surely a conflict of interest would occur. Also, a huge pouring of media interest would be made in making moves about evil aliens wanting to conquer to world as such would be the best means to give the general public the wrong idea about these visitors. Furthermore, such propaganda would solely be utilized to protect those in power from any act these visitors may have in usurping them from their power.

However, if the aliens were visiting our planet and they were malevolent and our society was either way the same or different from them, then surely an interest would be made in revealing this information and pulling our species together like the Coalition of Greek City States during the Persian-Greek War.

Nevertheless, a third possible reality could be faced where the government and the extraterrestrials collaborate together for some sort of mutual gain, technology for permission to abduct humans. The only problem with the last notion is why is there so much intended media to make the aliens appear evil like in Independence Day? If government was really working with aliens or was controlled by aliens, we should see more movies like E.T. and virtually zero films like Independence Day or Signs, because bringing us into a false security of believing aliens were friendly would benefit them in abducting us with less possibility of us fighting back.

Of course there can be other possibilities: Aliens not caring about human beings, Government not caring about aliens, both, or something entirely different.

As for having a heavy impact on our society, if you honestly believe there is a correlation between the government's activities and the aliens and vice versa, then you most certainly would find the first argument the most appealing since it is the most highly supportive of them all. And if a corrupt and greedy government really was scared out of its mind by the presence of peaceful extraterrestrials, then most certainly that fear would have HUGE impact on our society as we see with the media making so many films of evil aliens like Independence Day, Signs, Alien, ect.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And again, in a time where mass communication didn't exist how is this possible

The same way religions are, they just happen. And people did get around.

Normally the belief of an animal isn't consistent from culture to culture, continent to continent, or century to century.

The owl is no exception here.

Beliefs about this animal date back to caveman drawings. That's a long time. This bird is almost as old as the dinosaurs. So if an idea about this animal can stay afloat for that long, there's got to be something more to it.

Yes please show us something about the cavemen thoughts on the owl.
Opossums,some lobsters,Pig-nosed Turtle and i could go on but all these animals are older than the owl. The phoenix is common in mythology the greeks the Phoenician, the russians, turks and the chineese all have tales of the phoenix and that bird is not even real.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

i dont know if this'll help one way or the other but the owl is of course one of the many native american animal totems...when you come into contact with one it is considered to be a MESSENGER!!! also, their eyes are fixed in the socket, but it can turn it's head 280 degrees...SILENTLY!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Religion spread through fear and murder. This is just a story. A story which HAS made its way around the world. And yes, there are tales of a phoenix but how can you even compare a mythological creature with a real one. The topic of discussion wasn't leprechauns and unicorns, but a (keywords) REAL LIFE ANIMAL. Nuff said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join