It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TUMERIC as cure for Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I ve been reading a few articles about the use of tumeric/curcumin as a cure for many disorders including swine flu

here are some general links:

link 1

(in the first link the relevant bit is in the COMMENTS section right at the bottom of the article)

general google links

more general google links

lots of articles about H1N1 and swine flu in these google links.

point of interest, my chinese doctor reckons the top chinese medicine practitioners in china have already formulated herbal cures for h1n1 and many other viruses that are supposedly 'incurable'. he reckons its not that difficult, but he's not allowed to tell people in Australia becuz the AMA jumps on him etc if he promotes his herbal rememdies -e.g. by writing into newspapers etc. there's a total ban on talking about this stuff, becuz its deemed 'unproven scientifically'. nevermind that it works.

hes also not allowed to tell anyone that a young woman came to him with breast cancer that was pretty serious - she was told she had to have a double mascectomy as treatment. she didnt want this, and relied exclusively on him to treat her. she had no mainstream treatment. her family wont talk to her for taking this risk with her life as they see it; but 8 years later she's perfectly fine.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ive heard of Tumeric being good for controlling inflamation such as arteries and stuff. I have never heard it as being good for fighting viruses. We've got to be careful about what we take for advice.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

I am pretty sure Chicken tikla masala is better for sick people than chicken noodle soup. Turmeric has been shown in Indian studies to help clear up bronchial passages. Turmeric also has some anticancer properties.Personally ,though, I have found sage to be great for clearing the head and throat.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If anyone is into Chinese Medicine. Here's some info about a herbal remedy for the swine flu.

"Not long ago, an article was released from the Ditan Hospital in Beijing, reporting that, “88 out of 117 patients treated for (H1N1) the disease only on the herbs fully recovered and were discharged.” This is a 75% success rate. What are these Chinese herbs that worked so well?

The Deputy Director of the hospital said there were four herbs in the packets given to patients who drank them as a tea and used as a mouth wash. Lonicera Japonica, (honeysuckle flower), Isatis Indigodica, Mentha (mint) and Glycyrrhiza (licorice). All were dosed at 3 grams per serving. These same herbs are available in Chinese herbal medicine shops here in the US."

And just to stay on topic, here are some other uses of tumeric.

In traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric has been used to aid digestion and liver function, relieve arthritis pain, and regulate menstruation.

Turmeric has also been applied directly to the skin for eczema and wound healing.

Turmeric is used for conditions such as heartburn, stomach ulcers, and gallstones. It is also used to reduce inflammation, as well as to prevent and treat cancer.

The only major contra indications is long term use can cause indigestion and should not be taken be people for have gallbladder disease, for it may worsen the condition.

Enjoy these natural cures, while you can get them. Check out senate bill S 510. Food Modernization Act. Tumeric will be considered a "food-drug."

[edit on 22-10-2009 by wylee]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crw2006
Ive heard of Tumeric being good for controlling inflamation such as arteries and stuff. I have never heard it as being good for fighting viruses. We've got to be careful about what we take for advice.

well tumeric's not exactly lethal, so it wont hurt people to try it. at worst, theyll enjoy a tasty meal. at best, it might cure them.

what's the down side to trying it?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
there's a total ban on talking about this stuff, becuz its deemed 'unproven scientifically'. nevermind that it works.

I won't even take apart everything wrong with your entire post, I'll only focus on what should be easy for you to do if it's true.

Prove:

1) That there's a ban on discussing it.

2) That it works in curing swine flu. Bare assertion doesn't count.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

i always think its funny when people come on here and say 'prove this to me'! why should i believe you!'

my response is - do some research and prove or disprove it to yourself if you are interested. i have 'proved' it to my satisfaction by looking at the results of studies and im not your babysitter. i have posted some links to get anyone who's interested started. from there you can look up the scientific studies for yourself if you like.

'prove that theres a ban on speaking about it'. im merely passing on what my chinese doctor said he's encountered from medical supervisory bodies. if you choose not to believe this, thats your business.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the post. I take tumeric daily. It is inexpensive. Nice to know it might help get over the swine flu. Take it with black pepper to make it more effective.

Curcumin Blocks NFkB
One of the most potent chemicals that blocks inflammatory signaling via the inflammatory transcription factor, NFkB, is curcumin. Curcumin is a major component the spice turmeric. Oral curcumin can be enhanced by co-administration of black pepper, because the piperine in pepper inhibits intestinal inactivation.

coolinginflammation.blogspot.com...

[edit on 10/22/2009 by sad_eyed_lady]

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rapunzel222

Tumeric is known to be an effective anti-fungal agent...
...so I can see how it might be helpful in cancer treatment...
...and has been used to combat Malaria, so may have some anti-viral properties.

Regarding Swine Flu my bet would be on Selenium and Vitamin D3...
...Selenium is known to block the replication of many virses...
...and we all get flu in winter when there is less sunlight, hence less Vit D...
...D3 analog is best because more gets absorbed.

[edit on 22-10-2009 by troubleshooter]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
What do you mean *cure*? Just treat swine flu like the normal flu unless your immune system is not the best or you have chest infection etc Will go away in about 4 or 5 days.btw if people are going to take turmeric for it's health benefits disregarding swine flu etc get whole tumeric,powdered is usually treated before hand which accounts for a loss in the goodies you are wanting.

posted on Nov, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
www.google.com...

chestofbooks.com...

Mustard-Plaster. One of the most frequently useful of all domestic remedies. When anybody is suffering pain, or, indeed, illness of any kind if you do not know what to do, put on a mustard-plaster, near the seat of the trouble. Should you not find where that is, put the mustard-plaster on the middle of the back. If properly attended to, it can do no harm; and in ninety-nine cases in a hundred it will do some good; sometimes a great deal of good.

Who knew?
Dose it cure the flu too.
Never put in the mustard tree song by golly.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
this still isnt it, but this study shows a 99% cure rate against avian fluthis isnt the link but it does show 90 plus % cure rates from the early studies they did

i will let you know when i find the right article..

ah, i forgot to write: ELDERBERRY TEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will cure any sort of flu. wait i will find the study for you that proves it. has been tested scientifically and they know the mechanism.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

[edit on 8-11-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I used to have AIDS, SARS, H1N1, and Arthritis! After taking 5g of Tumeric, I'm as good as new.

It works, I tell you! Take it from me.

posted on Nov, 8 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think we need to be careful of the word 'cure'. We should also bear in mind that anything with that much power would also have to power to do harm.
I was in my local 'health' shop yesterday. Talk about snake oil salesmen. You could easily be convinced that a half dozen bottles of this and that, would cure all your ills!
Even the 'flavour of the month' - vitamin D3 can apparently be toxic in large amounts. It is not always a case of 'the more the better'. www.clltopics.org...
And this source suggests that while vitamin D has lots of benefits, we could do harm if our calcium intake is not adequate
www.westonaprice.org...
We just need to be cautious when interfering with our body chemistry.

[edit on 8-11-2009 by unicorn1]

[edit on 8-11-2009 by unicorn1]

join