It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PenRen Project (Pentagon Renovation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

The Pentagon Renovation Program — PenRen — is designed to make the building up-to-date in every way. Masonry Arts had the responsibility of adding security measures to make it better able to withstand blasts. September 11 proved the process worked.

In 1993, the Pentagon began undergoing a renovation project that would modernize the largest office building in the nation. The first phase, in Wedge 1, was five days from completion sign off and turnover to the government when Flight 77 hit. MCAA member Masonry Arts, Bessemer, Ala. was the contractor installing the blast wall system reinforcement and blast resistant window in Wedge 1.

Bartram notes, "The plane hit in an almost perfect spot to prevent even greater loss of life. What you saw collapse was an expansion joint that it hit. When it knocked out all the columns on the first floor, the rest of the building held for about 35 minutes and then it collapsed. We feel that if it hadn't hit that expansion joint, there would have been a hole in the first and second floor and that would have been it. The third, fourth and fifth floors would have stood."

The official report of the attack states:

"Three measures taken during the renovation of Wedge 1 to reinforce the inner and outer walls served to dramatically slow the plane as it entered the building, reduced the extent to which it penetrated the rings, and prevented the immediate collapse of the structure directly above the area of impact. Despite the tremendous impact of the plane and the fire that was fed by the plane's fuel, the 'web' created by the blast-resistant windows, steel columns, and geo-technical mesh, held the building together for 35 minutes, giving many Pentagon employees, some located directly above the area of impact, time to escape.

PenRen Article

Well I suppose we should thank the workers for doing a great job on blast proofing the only wall to ever get hit (slight sarcasm). Notice that the project started in 1993, I'm sure the terrorists would have done a little investigation. The flight path, manuevers aside, seems to bypass all conisderation of hitting any wall but the one that was renovated.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f8ca35de111.jpg[/atsimg]

The PenRen program was hailed as a great success, but it almost seems to be a $4.3 Billion loss. Not to mention the numerous awards it was given, on the previous link.

Awards:

2007 White House Closing the Circle Award (PLC2), Sustainability

2007 BBG-BBGM Project of the Year (PLC2), Excellence in Construction, awarded by Chesapeake Chapter, Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. (BBG-BBGM: Brennan Beer Gorman Architects-Brennan Beer Gorman Monk Interiors)

2007 BBG-BBGM Development (PLC2), Excellence in Construction, awarded by Chesapeake Chapter, Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc.
2003 Project of the Year Award (Phoenix Project), Project Management Institute, Washington, D.C. Chapter

2003 CMAA Project of the Year Achievement Award-Value in Excess of $100 million

2002 Presidential Award for Leadership in Federal Energy Management, in the category of Outreach for energy saving initiatives (PENREN)

2002 Congress of the United States, 107th Congress, 2nd Session, House Resolution 368 commends the great work completed in reconstructing the portion of the Pentagon that was destroyed by the terrorist attack of September 11, 2001 (PENREN and its contractors)

2001 CMAA CM Achievement Award for Outstanding Project Value Greater than $10 million (Pentagon South Terrace Pedestrian Bridges Project)

2001 Washington Contractor Award–Association of General Contractors

Awards well deserved?

[edit on 10/21/2009 by TheAntiHero420]

[edit on 10/21/2009 by TheAntiHero420]

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAntiHero420

I suggest you travel to Arlington, take a walk around the Pentagon. Then you might begin to understand why that was actually the side of the Pentagon that was the easiest to hit.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Swampfox46_1999

Yeah, but considering that it was a plane and wasn't too restricted by what was on the ground. It would have seemed more logical to crash the plane into the roof rather then the side, its what a 3 story building?

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If you were bowling, its better to hit the pins from the site rather than drop the ball on top of them. My guess is the hijackers were hoping for a strike.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Interesting, but I will note that this fact does not in any way IMPLICATE "no-planes", and, in fact, the wreckage that was found PRECLUDES no-planes.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gavron
If you were bowling, its better to hit the pins from the site rather than drop the ball on top of them. My guess is the hijackers were hoping for a strike.

Not bowling. Any case you could knock the pins down from any angle you want, but your only allowed the one path to the pins.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by honkusbobo

Interesting, but I will note that this fact does not in any way IMPLICATE "no-planes", and, in fact, the wreckage that was found PRECLUDES no-planes.

Yeah, the whole situation stinks. But if this was "their" original plan, then I highly doubt they are masterminds of any sort.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Well, here's what I think. 9/11 was an inside job and, from within the US government, it is unacceptable to critically damage the Pentagon. They want a hit that will not do that.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by honkusbobo

Well, here's what I think. 9/11 was an inside job and, from within the US government, it is unacceptable to critically damage the Pentagon. They want a hit that will not do that.

That was my thinking when I was doing the research, but its all speculation. Coincidence or not, I tend to think not.

new topics

top topics

join