It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Documentary - Not Evil Just Wrong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
When I built my home 2 years ago, I approached several companies about putting in solar panels on the roof.. Figured I would get it down now, during construction you know...

Well the cost was 45,000.00 low bid and an estimated 10 to 12% reduction on my power bill!!!!!!

That is just my house...

Do that math.. Figure how long it would take me to break even...

My average power bill is 250.00 to 350.00 per month...

Figure in cloudy days etc..

Completely impractical, to the point of ridiculous...

Semper

The funniest part is that (in my dad's case anyway) even if you covered your property in solar panels and generated a positive flow of energy, you HAVE to simply give anything in excess of the cost of your bill to the electric company for no charge. They turn right around and immediately sell it to your neighbor for full price.

(and yes... some of the chat comments are just as entertaining as the film.)

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by semperfortis

There is a nuclear plant near me (that I used to work at) which was shut down in the mid-late 1980s. Rumor has it they have reapplied to the NRC for a operating license and now intend to complete it.

(2) 500MW reactors.
Plus JOBS!

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The people behind the film have just admitted to getting death threats from environmentalists...

That means they are damn close to the truth...

Semper

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Interesting film.
Good panel discussion.

Great question -
Why did they change the issue from: Global Warming to Climate Change?
This says it all - in my opinion.

This December meeting coming up regarding "climate change" is simply a way to make laws that will control our little world.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

My take on the film in general:

I cannot argue with the information presented; it appears to be factual on the surface. However, if someone is watching it to find out the scientific details, they will be disappointed. There are supporting scientific interviews to set the stage for the producers' claims, but that is about it.

Instead, this centers around the conspiracy issue. It shines a bright light onto those who would instigate carbon Cap & Trade, and explains probable events that would result. I especially liked the way they tied this into the debacle over DDT, in that the same people who advise us now that we must ban fossil fuels are the ones who managed to get DDT banned and thereby caused the suffering and death of millions of third-world children.

In the end, this was about what I expected, an attack on propaganda using propaganda. The same sympathy ploys used in An Inconvenient Truth were utilized: musical scores, camera positioning to cause emotional responses, specific stories of those affected, told in an emotional way. The difference is that while I did not believe for one second that Mr. Gore had anyone's best interests at heart, save himself, I do believe these people are sincere. I also believe their predictions to be accurate.

To be fair, this could be in no small part due to the fact that I live close enough to Tennessee to actually be familiar with the Gore family's history. It is extremely storied and elitist.

I enjoyed it. I hope more people see it.

TheRedneck

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I'm glad I caught the Q&A at the end, I wonder if any of it will be made part of the DVD.

I didn't really expect any new science to be brought forth, but I like their thinking in that most people won't have the time or patience to learn and pour over all the facts and data sets available to offer convincing talking points.

While they're attempting to wake up the average picket fence owning "movie goer", you can bet your life they wont get the Nobel prize and overwhelming back patting from the media circus that Inconvenient Truth got.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by lernmore

Well, there is a 'contributors' link on the screenshot of the Special Features menu, so maybe...

You know, if I were to receive word tomorrow that I had been awarded the Nobel Prize, I would probably just tell 'em to send it to me if they wanted. It wouldn't be worth the trip to accept it. I have a feeling I am not alone in considering the Nobel Prizes as nothing more than Oscars for people who can't act.

That's sad, because I used to admire the ones who were deemed worthy of winning such an honor of recognition.

In order for something to be considered an honor, it must be honorable. The decision to give one to Yassir Arafat and now to Barrack Obama means they now hold no honor in my mind, not because I disagreed with those two examples, but because they had done nothing whatsoever to merit it. So it's no longer a big deal.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Nuke is definitely the way to go..

But once again, the environmentalists shut it down..

OT, but why not..

nuclear is useful as long as you use it sensibly and make your own decisions, instead of having them dictated by special interest groups.

the problem is see is that the clique that came up with the AGW racket will have several alternative plans drawn up for such a golden opportunity as this one. such as using waste fuel for purposes blackmail. we are after all talking about infinitely lasting contracts here, aren't we?

if anything, new concepts like Thorium plants should be used whenever possible. maybe a few blackouts would do wonders for the sobriety of a lot of people, though and should therefore be seen as the better option. let them wallow in their own mistakes and prepare yourself.

[edit on 2009.10.20 by Long Lance]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join