It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are A Target For Subliminal Messaging By The Aliens.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I've always wondered what the movie, "They Live" was about. I remember SimonGray had an avatar of the alien-human with the sign "obey" behind it. I just recently came across information about this movie and some of its clips. In my opinion, it really resonates about what is going on with the aliens on our planet, if they are here. I believe that this is what they would do to control us, if they are already not doing so.

Here is a webpage with the movie clips of "They Live" that I came across. Remember, aliens are technologically advanced and use mind control. Everything is not what it seems. If you can't bear the truth, don't view the following movie clips. They are all in Real Player Format.

They Live, You Just Don't See Them.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wow, looks like a cool movie.... I am suprised I have not heard of that one. Actually, that could plausibly happen. I mean the mind can make a person believe anything and we all know about subliminal messages... Doubt it is really happening, but does make you think... Now, if we had any idea of the type of glasses to make... ha ha

mrq

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Subliminal messages via glasses

Interesting article here re: a pair of glasses that flashes messages before the eye at 1/180 of a second, so the wearer isn't even conscious that they have been sent. Messages are uploaded via a PDA conxn. Purpose is to help a person remember important information throughout the day.
I wonder...if they can put it in a pair of glasses...they can put it in a billboard...a TV...a hymnal.

Just waxing paranoidal...and I doubt it's being done.
But interesting concept.

And 'They Live' was an awesome flick. Hysterical.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting but it's still a movie. Subliminals aren't truly needed when you have consumers as suggestive as the people on ATS.

Subliminals are a part of everyday life. It's embedded in everything from your breakfast cereal box to magazine ads.

[Edited on 5-18-2004 by Preest]

mrq

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Agreed.
"Don't be left behind! Call NOW!" and "Collect them all!" come to mind.
True..they're not really subliminal, in that the intended message is right there- not hidden in music or anything. But, since we see it so often and know what it is, it's simply called 'Advertising' or 'Marketing'...not 'subliminal messages'. So, I guess, in that way, it is subliminal.
Sometimes the best hiding spot is right out in the open.

I apologize in advance for wordiness, poor grammar and/or confusing sentence structure. I've got a bad bug and the medicine I'm taking makes me a bit loopy

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
we get hit with subliminals and BS everyday , ie newspapers, magazines and the news lol

interesting article on that site about the us cap seen in the frame of the nick berg video ...

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This is how marketing works. Thats why people buy crappy products half the time, even the color of cerial boxes and such are made specifically in certain colors to get you to buy them. I wish I could remember where I read about this, but they use psychology and subliminal content in order to target certain buyers.
Also vaguely remember a law that was passed trying to regulate and cut down on these things, but...I forget what and where, just something that I have heard before. So I could be wrong.

mrq

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I remember reading about such a law, too, but I can't remember where/when. I'm having trouble finding info about it, at least as having been passed in the U.S.. Anyone know more about this? I remember it (the article I saw anyway) mentioning regulating or prohibiting the embedding of messages in music that's played in grocery stores, encouraging people to stay longer, steal less, etc. The messages supposedly increased the likelihood of a person buying something (not turning a person into a consumer zombie or anything).

...And this looks like a fun toy:
Subliminal Message Encoder

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:22 AM
link   
A movie with Roddy Piper in it? heheheh

Does he suplex Aliens?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
you are right darkblade....its really very scary when you think just how fragile our minds really are..... we are very manipulative so its easy to see if aliens vastly superior to us came they wouldnt need to try very hard to overthrow us..... but for our unmanipulative allies

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

Does he suplex Aliens?

Hey! At least it wasn't Hell Comes To Frogstown.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by senshido

Does he suplex Aliens?

No, but he has some classic lines, like:
"I'm here to chew some gum and kick some ass.....and I'm all out of gum!"

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
They live definatly kicks ass. there's a fistfight in it that seems to go on forever, and the whole concept for its time was mind blowing. that law they passed seems to have been forgotten by most, probably because that�s what they wanted. in a lot of the new sci fi movies out there, there seems to be those scenes where everything flashes before your eyes, certainly makes me wonder if the put any subliminal messages in there.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
They Live was a great escapism movie.

Only two things stand out.

Roddy Piper?? fighting an alien in an alleyway.

And him saying the immortal best lines ever in a movie.

"Ive come here to chew gum and kick ass and Im all out of gum".

John Carpenter rocks !!

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I really cant believe that the word "A S S" has just been censored on here.

Thats politcal correctness gone mad.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
It is true that subliminals are being used constantly at us in all walks of life and some of the best ones are used for the most insidious of reasons.....Do you remember the ones the Bush administration used and got busted for during the election and they said it was a mistake.!!!!

heres the link

www.bushwatch.com...

[Edited on 18-5-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Actually I don't recall the incident you speak of Watcheroftheskies.

perhaps it was subliminally removed from my memory?

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Another really interesting movie along those lines of aliens and mind control(as well as TIME control)is "Dark City".Really cool sci-fi flick.

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher

Originally posted by watcheroftheskies
It is true that subliminals are being used constantly at us in all walks of life and some of the best ones are used for the most insidious of reasons.....Do you remember the ones the Bush administration used and got busted for during the election and they said it was a mistake.!!!!

heres the link

www.bushwatch.com...

Actually I don't recall the incident you speak of Watcheroftheskies.

perhaps it was subliminally removed from my memory?

LOL...that "scandal" came and went faster than taco bell food on an empty stomach. It was a subliminal but it wasn't really all that harmful. Honestly, Al Gore was an idiot. And though some might not agree with Bush using it...it did seem to be on the dot...most bureaucrats are rats.

I think people are trying to point at more insidious marketing tactics. Here's some solid reads.

www.searchlores.org...
www.ldpublishing.com... (I like this one lol
)
www.fact-index.com...
www.classroomtools.com...
www.snopes.com...

[Edited on 5-18-2004 by Preest]

posted on May, 19 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
somewhat off topic but what the h-e-double toothpick. fight club has some cool subliminal aspects to it at various points throughout the movie. if you watch it on your dvd closely anytime you see a quick flash there is one there. check out the one at toward the end of the movie right before the towers blow up just dont have your mom watching when u do

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join